PDA

View Full Version : Cot Daym

Ben
12-08-2003, 01:55 AM
WTF is that!

I hate everything about it and I dont know what it is!!!!!!

Melinda
12-08-2003, 01:56 AM
Cot Daym= god damn (white nike's 'english')

5.9 R/T
12-08-2003, 01:56 AM
God Damn. in ebonics.

GingeRRRBeef
12-08-2003, 01:59 AM
haha I've already explained it in some other thread :D

Ben
12-08-2003, 01:59 AM
I figured that but WTF is Cot. Cot isn't even remotely close in sound or letters on the keyboard.

its not a foldable bet for DAMN.

I hate it, its dumb, speak english or be ben'd

5.9 R/T
12-08-2003, 02:04 AM
I think u should change his name to "wannabe ben'd user" hahaha

GingeRRRBeef
12-08-2003, 02:05 AM
He's just writing phonetically ... don't sweat it ... having a rough day aren't we?

WhiteNikes
12-08-2003, 02:06 AM
golllie....

ain't no need t' get all upset now. Can't get no freedom of speech up in here? Ain't no one gettin' hurt, ain't no one I'm attackin'. Seems like a minor thing t' be bannin' a ni**a fo' woudn't y' say?

Of course things is a little hard t' get over the spellin' bein' the internet 'n' all. If y'heard it once you'd prolly not even notice I was sayin' 'cot' instead of God.

ryder_23
12-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Cot
"ko't"

A place between a woman's leg : Pussy

Cause when I bust my Nut, I'm raisn' up off the cot!

(Doggystyle Gin and Juice - Snoop Dogg 1993)

daym
"day-m"
A. means damn but prononounced better

DP: Daym steve wah they done to yo hair?

I love stuff you can find off the net :rofl:

both defintions found at http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Originally posted by WhiteNikes
golllie....

ain't no need t' get all upset now. Can't get no freedom of speech up in here? Ain't no one gettin' hurt, ain't no one I'm attackin'. Seems like a minor thing t' be bannin' a ni**a fo' woudn't y' say?

Of course things is a little hard t' get over the spellin' bein' the internet 'n' all. If y'heard it once you'd prolly not even notice I was sayin' 'cot' instead of God.

must be smoking some good shit in banff

Davetronz
12-08-2003, 02:11 AM
:zzz: :bullshit:

googe
12-08-2003, 02:58 AM
:english: :english: :english: :english:

Super_Geo
12-08-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Dude, chill out.

Not everyone communicates in the same way... that's what makes this world interesting. Take it easy on the power trip eh :rolleyes:

the-240sx-guy
12-08-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Ben

if thats the case, what does "ben'd" mean in the english language?

Fluidic
12-08-2003, 03:29 AM
It means if you fuck up, you're banned. :)

Ben
12-08-2003, 03:35 AM
Obviously not everyone can understand the underlying sarcasm in the post, like fuck. I just dont understand why people need to speak in that fashion that 3/4 of people dont understand, this is Canada not west side LA, its also a Car based forum, normally reserved for mainly educated persons and as such I am not accustomed to reading slang talk with words drawn from some rappers album or something.

The "Ben'd" comment is a joke, surfacing from a thread a few weeks back, and you obviously didn't put 2 and 2 together demonstrating that peoples speak is not always clear on a forum. Just as my "ben'd" comment drew a question towards myself, I had a question about "Cot Daym" and so I think this demonstrates that we can all do ourselves a favor and "Speak English"

Make sense?

This is not a personal attack towards people but oviously it is not I who is having a rough night but for those who got on my case and gave me the ole :rolleyes: about it.

Relax

rc2002
12-08-2003, 10:18 AM
First time I saw it was in Ask Leo. I think we have White Nikes to blame for starting this. :rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29048&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

DeSi
12-08-2003, 10:21 AM
its all good

Super_Geo
12-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Obviously not everyone can understand the underlying sarcasm in the post, like fuck. I just dont understand why people need to speak in that fashion that 3/4 of people dont understand, this is Canada not west side LA, its also a Car based forum, normally reserved for mainly educated persons and as such I am not accustomed to reading slang talk with words drawn from some rappers album or something.

The "Ben'd" comment is a joke, surfacing from a thread a few weeks back, and you obviously didn't put 2 and 2 together demonstrating that peoples speak is not always clear on a forum. Just as my "ben'd" comment drew a question towards myself, I had a question about "Cot Daym" and so I think this demonstrates that we can all do ourselves a favor and "Speak English"

Make sense?

This is not a personal attack towards people but oviously it is not I who is having a rough night but for those who got on my case and gave me the ole :rolleyes: about it.

Relax

Maybe it's just how you worded it then, because (from the way I interpreted it) that comment of yours simply reeked of arrogance. There's a difference between when people usually post ':english:' and when someone says "I hate the way you talk, speak in a way I like or I will ban you." Even assuming that it's a joke, it's still a pretty arrogant thing to say. I mean, come on man... you used your own name as a verb. It'd be cool if someone else said it about you, but when you say it about yourself it just seems like you're trying to scratch your own back.

I personally have no problem with how WhiteNikes talks. Also, he has a solid education (from what he says, anyway) and has shown more maturity on the boards than most people on this board. So what's the problem? He doesn't talk in a way you're used to?

Ben
12-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Maybe it's just how you worded it then, because (from the way I interpreted it) that comment of yours simply reeked of arrogance. There's a difference between when people usually post ':english:' and when someone says "I hate the way you talk, speak in a way I like or I will ban you." Even assuming that it's a joke, it's still a pretty arrogant thing to say. I mean, come on man... you used your own name as a verb. It'd be cool if someone else said it about you, but when you say it about yourself it just seems like you're trying to scratch your own back.

I personally have no problem with how WhiteNikes talks. Also, he has a solid education (from what he says, anyway) and has shown more maturity on the boards than most people on this board. So what's the problem? He doesn't talk in a way you're used to?

Love the internet, mis-interpretations are rampant. I was supposed to have a bunch of smilies and shit in there but the computer I was using was suffering some type of runtime error and wasn't allowing the left hand smily column to be used, and I didn't feel like typing them in. Had I known it would have caused this much of an issue I would have, it was a Joke post.

You also failed to distinguish the Banned and Ben'd joke, so stop taking it that way:tongue:, it would be absurd for someone to be banned because of that, so stop thinking I would, haha. I am also curious as to where you decided I was implying it was whitenikes that provoked this post? He didn't. It was another member as well as 3 people who had it in their MSN names. I was perplexed at where the heck it was derived from as it makes next to no logical sense. "Cot Daym" Say it, its totally odd, haha.

I can understand alot of ebonics and such, most have a realitive similarity to the original word, but as this had nothing more similar other than three letters and O as the middle, Sounds nothing like God. I just figured I would ask one of the many unique individuals on here for an enlightening on the subject so I guess thats why you 'all be steppin all up in mah grille dawgs' :tongue:.

Re-reading it it does come off a bit sturn if I ignore what my intent was, but hey, I already stated once it was a joke, please dont ignore that again :)

Now does this make any more sense? :)

Ajay
12-08-2003, 01:44 PM
All you guys need to chill......let people talk they want to talk.

ZorroAMG
12-08-2003, 01:53 PM
No.....even if Ben is joking, he is right in a sense. Why the fuck should the majority of us posters have to spend the time to try and decode/translate/understand what someone is trying to say because they are simply too damn lazy to type like a grown-up. It is very lame and since this is not a highschool where people are going to enjoy the fact that you are a wannabe thug, cut out the overplayed act...

May full sentences and monosyllabic words live on!

5.9 R/T
12-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
No.....even if Ben is joking, he is right in a sense. Why the fuck should the majority of us posters have to spend the time to try and decode/translate/understand what someone is trying to say because they are simply too damn lazy to type like a grown-up. It is very lame and since this is not a highschool where people are going to enjoy the fact that you are a wannabe thug, cut out the overplayed act...

Agreed, this is why we went to school.

GTS Jeff
12-08-2003, 02:13 PM
its my sigs fault haha

cot DYAM!!

dumper_thumper
12-08-2003, 03:11 PM
:whocares:

ZorroAMG
12-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Way to go Dumper!! Keep up the excellent posts.....

dumper_thumper
12-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Way to go Dumper!! Keep up the excellent posts.....

OK

WhiteNikes
12-08-2003, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Agreed, this is why we went to school.

Because I choose to express myself in a different manner than you at times makes me lazy?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8860&highlight=WhiteNikes

Way to make a big deal out of nothing.

ZorroAMG
12-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Yes, that in fact DOES make you lazy.

WhiteNikes
12-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Yes, that in fact DOES make you lazy.

Nice, :rolleyes: 'n' I'm the "ign'nant" one.

GingeRRRBeef
12-08-2003, 04:22 PM

:rolleyes:
Perhaps you might consider that the way one speaks is affected by those that are around him. If the vast majority of the people around one speak in a particular manner, would one not learn to speak in a similar fashion? (I spent a considerable number of my formative years in South Florida.) Yes, I do believe that there are times when this is inappropriate, but I also believe that this is an informal setting. I doubt that the fact that I wish to express myself in a manner which is dissimilar to others makes me less 'worse' in any way. Finally, for all those that would think it is my goal to present myself as someone I am not, anyone that knows me will assert that my natural, informal speech oscillates from the speech of one who originates from South Florida, Canada and the Caribbean.

Perhaps everyone should educate themselves a little before jumping on the bandwagon?

Kona9
12-08-2003, 04:23 PM
if ya wanna express yourself, go put on a dress, sit on a bus bench on a busy road and play your "clit-ar" while everyone watches. Once your done and have something to post on here:english: "G"

ryder_23
12-08-2003, 04:30 PM

It seems like your making a pretty big deal about this yourself. why dont you just speak english and enjoy the site, rather than speak like your from compton(no offense to people from compton) and get flammed on everytime you try and say something. Like honestly who the fuck says cot daym. Ben is making a good point, were sick of people being on here who dont speak english, like sikh_n_destroy, no one could understand what he was trying to say.

WhiteNikes
12-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Like honestly who the fuck says cot daym.

I do. I try not to take my Lord's name in vain. Rather than post :werd: I don't see the harm in posting something a little different. If I do plan to say something that is less than superficial I post so everyone can understand it.

why dont you just speak english and enjoy the site, rather than speak like your from compton(no offense to people from compton) and get flammed on everytime you try and say something.

I could conform 'n' things would probably be different. On the other hand, it seems to me like I'd be selling out on myself by not being myself. I don't aggree with that.

Ben is making a good point, were sick of people being on here who dont speak english, like sikh_n_destroy, no one could understand what he was trying to say.

Not a counter point or anything, but what did sikh_n_destroy get banned for? Was he banned?

ryder_23
12-08-2003, 05:00 PM
^
yes he was banned.

WhiteNikes
12-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

thanks

TalonVelocity
12-08-2003, 05:59 PM
haha

5.9 R/T
12-08-2003, 06:01 PM

Because I choose to express myself in a different manner than you at times makes me lazy?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8860&highlight=WhiteNikes

No you're not lazy, I'm lazy. Too lazy to figure out what the fuck you are talking about.

/////AMG
12-08-2003, 06:08 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: TV ur the best Paint Artist I have ever EVAR seen

nismodrifter
12-08-2003, 06:32 PM
ahahhhahahahahah, talonvelocity that is funny as hell!!!

ok guys.......calm this cot daym bizness down in here otherwise I am gonna shizzut this shiznat dizzown rizzeal quick

FiveFreshFish
12-08-2003, 06:49 PM

Lazy? No. To me, the way you express yourself seems to take more effort than writing straightforward English.

ZorroAMG
12-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Blah Blah Blah...In before the lock...

jdmmavericktR
12-08-2003, 07:34 PM
what I think is, WhiteNikes is indeed educated as he can obviously express himself in words clearly and concisely. However, why would someone who can clearly speak english go out of their way to speak a version of english that came about due to lack of proper education? That's like going out of your way to speak like you're from the rural south. Yeah you can say it's an identity thing, and you'd be right. It's an ignorant-about-grammar identity thing.

Real gangstas speak properly and with manners towards others.

ryder_23
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
I bet he works at zellers, like that xbox commercial....

xbox is off the heazie foshizzie...i forget how it goes, but if u've seen the commercial u get it

ZorroAMG
12-08-2003, 07:42 PM
"Naw dogg, it's mellow scrill"

HAHAHA WTF does that mean??

ryder_23
12-08-2003, 07:44 PM
^
dude, ask whitenikes :rofl:

PGTze
12-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
haha

G UNIT!

That is probably the best talon velocity drawing so far, and there have been many good ones, hahah.

three.eighteen.
12-09-2003, 01:31 AM
cot dyam...i luh dat shit

GingeRRRBeef
12-09-2003, 01:43 AM
I bet he works at zellers, like that xbox commercial....

xbox is off the heazie foshizzie...i forget how it goes, but if u've seen the commercial u get it

How about try a lead for a games development project?

So let me ask you, what do you do for a living?

ryder_23
12-09-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

How about try a lead for a games development project?

So let me ask you, what do you do for a living?

It was a joke, guess you dont have a sense of humor....and if you wanna know what i WILL be doing for a living.... i will be attending mount royal in january, eventually i will finish my justice studies degree somewhere, possibly sfu, or mount royal, after that i will either try to join cps or possibly the rcmp.

Edit: So let me ask you, what do you do for a living?

nismodrifter
12-09-2003, 02:27 AM
cot dyam guys

this thread is now :closed: :closed:

TOO much cot dyam bs and :drama: