PDA

View Full Version : what to do about fedex - shipping error

r3ccOs
04-16-2010, 02:32 PM
To make a long story short:

Ordered belts and pullies from the states as I'm in due need of them

Make my order over the phone - Give a mail to address diffe#rent than billing

(billing is different as I recently moved and am awaiting new house to be built, 13 days and counting)

The place I order makes a mistake and sends the package to my old address via FedEX expreess and doesn't give me the tracking number until the package has already arrived.

Well... -- Now the arrival details indicate that its been signed off and accepted by the new tenants of my former residance (people I sold my place to)

before I get flamed
#1 - I gave my "mail to" address to the seller
#2 - I didn't get a tracking number until Monday, which was too late
#3 - I went to FedEX who said -- too bad, its already recieved... go talk to them
#4 - I get my former neighbor to talk to them, and they fricking said they never recieved it!

What can I do?

Is FedEX responsible?
My name is rather ethic (at least my last name), so how the hell can they get a signature w/o any identification and call it the day?

So far FedEX punted me off to air my grievences to Legal and the new owers of my place, obviously has my stuff

88CRX
04-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Most packages only require a signature from someone over the age of 18, not the person who's receiving the package.

How did you pay?

r3ccOs
04-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I paid via visa

pinoyhero
04-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I think you can request a copy of the signature, which with most likely, unless your buyers are scum result in the discovery that no one even signed and without a sig, they are liable.

thepyrofish
04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
This exact same problem happened to me. The company I bought from checked their records and were more than happy to replace my purchase.

Fedex is responsible for delivering to the address that is provided to them by the shipper, that is all.

You need to dig up whatever proof you have of what address(es) you provided and speak to the seller. If they shipped to a different address than the shipping address you provided then they are responsible for replacing the parts.

I work in inventory control so I am constantly dealing with problems like this. If you provided accurate info you should not take no for an answer. It does not matter where the parts are or who signed for them. What matters is that they did not ship them to you. They need to make that right.

Edit: I just re-read and realized this was strictly a phone order. It may be hard to prove what address you gave them. You should still be dealing with the seller though. They may very well have it on file what address they should have shipped it to and make it right right away. Whatever the outcome, if Fedex delivered to the address they were given then they have done nothing wrong. Cut them some slack.

FraserB
04-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Get the signature from Fedex, file a report with police, go to your old house and get your parts?

adidas
04-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Im pretty sure its a federal offense to be holding someone elses mail.(Looking into it tho to be sure)

rampagesauce
04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
its deffinatly a federal offence to take or open someones mail.

if you paid with visa, get a copy of the signature, send all your info to them, and since they actually protect there customers they'll more then likely just reinburse you for it and they'll take care of everything legal.

bad news? your probably gonna have to re-order it all assuming visa reinburses you.

BlackArcher101
04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
So was your old address still the billing address?

How did they manage to get your old address?

Zhariak
04-16-2010, 06:23 PM
It is an offence for someone to accept the package and decline to give it to you. I think they could get in shit for just signing off on it.

Anyways, what you need to do, is contact Visa, tell them the company that you placed the order with charged your credit card and you never received the order.

Contact the company you placed the order with, tell them you still have not received the package as of this date and you have passed the issue on to Visa to get the money refunded.

Tell them if they want, they can file a police report, in the mean time you'll be dealing with Visa.

Team_Mclaren
04-16-2010, 07:48 PM
wtf are they gonna keep some belts are pullies from you for? i dont really understand why the new tenants dont want to pass the package off to you if they have actually got them?!:dunno:

omfgcurtis
04-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Print off the tracking info (it likely says package delivered/signed for) and bring it with you to your old address along with a invoice if you one that shows the address and threaten them that you will call the cops that they are withholding your mail.

r3ccOs
04-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by omfgcurtis
Print off the tracking info (it likely says package delivered/signed for) and bring it with you to your old address along with a invoice if you one that shows the address and threaten them that you will call the cops that they are withholding your mail.

done

had someone printout the tracking details and asked the spouce, who was home, who indicated yup there was a package.

package of course was opened, but neithertheless I have it now

Vanner
04-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I hope none in your package went missing, I presume? Well, even if you did receive your package back - the fact still stand that the new tenants ARE breaking a federal offense by accepting and opened someone's package in purpose.

To me, I would pass that info to police and they can warn the tenants about the fact.

That is why I never liked doing business with FED Ex or courier service - they can be real jerks to deal with. Especially with their crazy "double-customs" fee scheme! :thumbsdow

derpderp
04-20-2010, 03:25 AM
What would they even want them for?
Just sitting in there house laughing, we got your belts and pulleys fucker, we have no use for them but we won't give them back!!1