PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Hilux front suspension

DonJuan
04-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, I have a 1994 KZN30 Hilux Surf with the IFS front suspension.

I recently installed a 2.5" front lift (ball joint spacer) but was waiting to get the diff drop kit to get here for it. So the CV joints were at a weird angle for a week or two while I was waiting for it. So the CV boots are mostly torn now thanks to the angle, but weirdly the tie rods seem to be done now as well as the center link and idler arm.

Very weird. Anyway after searching all over the interwebs I have found the CV boots part numbers (4runner stuff) etc, but have not found the part numbers for the tie rods (4runner?) and not sure at all about the center link and the idler arm. Im worried that this stuff isn't 4runner stuff since it is RHD.

Found alot of stuff at toyotasurf.asn.au

Anyone have a tie rod install guide or part numbers etc? Anything would help. I can get pics if needed pretty easily too.

Thanks
Kevin

CelicaST-162
04-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Talk to Jeff at Stampede Toyota, he has a JDM Catalogue.

DonJuan
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks man, after a weekend of searching the internets... (things that haven been seen cannot be unseen lol)... I found that everything is the same from the pitman arm down on all IFS Toyota 4x4. So its all 4runner stuff, so a trip down to the store and an evening of grunting and it should be done.