PDA

View Full Version : lol, what happens when you don't own a truck

black13
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2h4aurd.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cf6pf6.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/33utzz5.jpg

sorry for the paper reflection on my dash, don't have photoshop right now or I would try to make it better.

Everyone was getting a laugh. It was some young girl and guy driving it too.
I've never owned a truck before so granted I've done some similar shit before like a king mattress on top of the car but this just takes the cake.

1-Bar
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
wow, this would be even more funny if it were 2 days ago when it was really windy.....

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-16-2010, 08:37 PM
:eek: :nut:

sr20s14zenki
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
LOL OMG i saw this the other day coming from 114th onto barlow hahahhaa. I was sooo pissed that i didnt have time to get a picture, but lookie, somebody got one hahaha. Awesome.

dj_rice
04-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Was their shit at least tied down?

Canmorite
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Was their shit at least tied down?

Most likely. Looks like an ATB stunt, well done too!

FraserB
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks tied on with twine

dj_rice
04-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Most likely. Looks like an ATB stunt, well done too!

Damn good eye, didn't even pay attention to the sign

2EFNFAST
04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
There's no way that's legal for ATB to do :rofl:

///328is
04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
thats ATB bank advertising mobile :dunno: read the blue box :)

403ep3
04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
haha wtf! thats crazy

adidas
04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Lol at all the guys that missed the advertising stunt.

The rust seems air brushed on too.

canadian_hustla
04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
haha it was professionally designed. I think they did a good job!

Vanner
04-16-2010, 09:29 PM
:rofl: I believe I'm going to call this a stunt by ATB of their creative mobile advertising dept to let people go to ATB for mortgage rates!

I'm not buying the story of that car to be actually owned by normal people, when there are signs like that.

on that topic, I was at one time helped a friend pile up almost all her apt stuff in ONE load by another friend's GMC Sonora truck (the small truck with 4 cyl engine!). I almost thought that truck would go blew up with a load THAT heavy! The load was like 6 feet high all tied with rope LOL! :eek:

sputnik
04-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Looks like the OP and many others here are illiterate.

ClearBluewater
04-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Vanner
The load was like 6 feet high

Thats what she said

topmade
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
:thumbsup: to the ATB marketing group.

BlackArcher101
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
:rofl:

Brilliant marketing at it's finest.

Did the jeans at least flap in the wind?

bignerd
04-16-2010, 10:51 PM
It is very smart, and also very un-ATB like (used to work for them). Maybe a new, younger, and much better marketing department. I am surprised they are not pulled over by the police though for causing a distraction or at least to check how the load is secured? (I am sure it is secured properly but does not look it.)

Xtrema
04-16-2010, 10:53 PM
How secured can that be?

Especially if someone hit it.

bignerd
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
ATB runs all that by their legal department before publishing or doing anything, so I am sure it is secured, they would not want to be liable for damages to people or property.

swak
04-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Very clever marketing idea...
I'll give them that.
:thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
ATB runs all that by their legal department before publishing or doing anything, so I am sure it is secured, they would not want to be liable for damages to people or property.

there's no way any lawyer would let them do that - the risks are astronomical.

I'd be willing to bet that it's just 1 branch that said "hey, this would be a good idea to do to attact people to here to ATB"

bignerd
04-17-2010, 12:34 AM
And I'd be willing to bet you that NO branch is allowed to display any type of advertising without running it by the legal department first. As I said, I use to work for an ATB branch and even to put up a banner advertising a mortgage special or promo, i.e. ASK US ABOUT OUR HELOCS, or IT'S RRSP TIME etc... whatever, it had to go to marketing and then to legal and be approved no matter how mundane or simple.

If some renegade branch just went out and did that they would be in big shit. I would also say that advertising is not done by one branch as it is not branch specific-that car is driving all over Calgary. No single branch is going to take that much money out of their branches yearly budget to advertise something that will benefit ALL branches in the city-they want the business at their location.

Like I said, very surprised as it is very un-ATB.

JustinGTP
04-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Advertising and marketing these days has changed. I wouldn't put anything past anyone. That's great. I love the lamp on the top! Haha. All in the details.

bignerd
04-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Someone else I know saw the car and said the lamp worked?

Wrinkly
04-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Vanner
:rofl: I believe I'm going to call this a stunt by ATB of their creative mobile advertising dept to let people go to ATB for mortgage rates!

Either that, or they've been watching too many IKEA commercials :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

scat19
04-17-2010, 02:58 AM
The the lamp at the top!

RecoilS14
04-17-2010, 05:55 AM
I like the idea and the thought behind it, very clever. However, it really isn't anything new. Clever mobile advertising has been around for a long time. Giant Oscar meyer hot dog mobile anyone?

sr20s14zenki
04-17-2010, 06:55 AM
I think most of the cardboard and what not is just a cover, im sure underneath there is some kind of frame, anchored to the roof and maybe even the floor, i cant see inside the car very well to see if there is any support. Sorry if i state the obvious hahaha. I honestly did not clue in about the advertisement thing till somebody pointed it out, crazy.

black13
04-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Props to them for sure. Never thought something like that would be even legal let alone a marketing stunt. I just thought they might be ATB employees or something but if they've been spotted before then yea its some smart out of the box thinking.

94boosted
04-17-2010, 01:32 PM
:thumbsup: Way to go ATB!

chkolny541
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I think most of the cardboard and what not is just a cover, im sure underneath there is some kind of frame, anchored to the roof and maybe even the floor, i cant see inside the car very well to see if there is any support. Sorry if i state the obvious hahaha. I honestly did not clue in about the advertisement thing till somebody pointed it out, crazy.

yea thats kinda what i was thinking, those boxes are likely physically framed to the roof of the car,

very funny campaign!

Godfuader
04-17-2010, 02:10 PM
My first thought was why ATB would have huge printed boxes like that, secondly the car was not sagging at all...and of course the lamp proves its a setup.

dsr7723
04-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Nice! I saw that car on going South on Macleod, barely got a glimpse of it, but I was like wtf??? I was coming up 58th NB.

HuMz
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I was waiting for a spotted thread on this, drove by this stuck in traffic after the big accident Friday on Glenmore. Im sure underneath all the cardboard is a welded frame of some kind.
And the pictures don't really do justice for the height, fr om the top of the car to the top of the lamp its close to 10 feet high.

lilmira
04-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Haha, hope it doesn't get stuck on the lower deck under Centre.

90_Shelby
04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater

Thats what she said

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

canadian_hustla
04-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
And I'd be willing to bet you that NO branch is allowed to display any type of advertising without running it by the legal department first. As I said, I use to work for an ATB branch and even to put up a banner advertising a mortgage special or promo, i.e. ASK US ABOUT OUR HELOCS, or IT'S RRSP TIME etc... whatever, it had to go to marketing and then to legal and be approved no matter how mundane or simple.

If some renegade branch just went out and did that they would be in big shit. I would also say that advertising is not done by one branch as it is not branch specific-that car is driving all over Calgary. No single branch is going to take that much money out of their branches yearly budget to advertise something that will benefit ALL branches in the city-they want the business at their location.

Like I said, very surprised as it is very un-ATB.

they have changed. it is not like that anymore. Branches can have their own promos, signs, heck my name and phone number is on one of the larger signs in calgary

ragu
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

they have changed. it is not like that anymore. Branches can have their own promos, signs, heck my name and phone number is on one of the larger signs in calgary

I saw this thing again today from Glenmore W to Deerfoot N, I was on my bike and it looked pretty solid. Definitely creative marketing.