PDA

View Full Version : Is there a proper way to remove Command Start wiring?

frozenrice
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure if my question makes sense, but I used to have a Command Start remote starter in my car and when I swapped the engine and converted the transmission to 5 speed, I removed the remote starter's computer. I'd like to get rid of the remaining wiring to clean up under the dash, but I'm concerned about ripping things out without knowing what is what. I can see a big wad of wiring, relays, electrical tape and zip ties, that I'm sure are not part of the OEM wiring. How much would a shop charge to do something like this (and do it properly)? If it's too expensive I'd be wiling to do it myself if it weren't too risky.

GQBalla
04-16-2010, 11:57 PM
i would say Alarmtec would charge 200?

usually it won't be too hard as most are installed with crimps

you just have to remove them.

jdmgt
04-17-2010, 12:30 AM
pm sent.

i can help you out with putting it back to stock

dj_honda
04-17-2010, 11:20 AM
what car is this on?

its not too hard. take a look at the installation of a remote starter...there are lots of threads on the net for hondas. and then kind of work backwards. the basics are that the brain will be hooked up to your ignition harness, your ebrake and possibly your lock/unlock wires, a tach signal under the hood and a hoodpin. you just need to remove all of those wires going to the brain and put them back to stock.