PDA

View Full Version : Car Deck w/ I-Pod

chathamf
04-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I have a pretty decent Alpine deck, bout about two years about 400 or so.

Anyways, it has the i-pod connector, and I used to have my 2nd gen Nano hooked up to it and it worked great. That i-pod got stolen (left my doors unlocked in Varsity - stole the i-pod and left the money/credit card and other stuff lol) and I bought a newer Nano, not the newest but the generation before.

This one works, but it won't keep itself charged, just runs off the battery in the i-pod.

Anyone else have this problem with decks before? Anything I can do?

Cheeba
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Are all iPods supposed to be charged through all deck connections? I just put in a 2 year old Alpine and it doesn't charge my iPhone...I just assumed that the deck doesn't have that functionality.

jay.low
04-17-2010, 10:05 PM
The newer iPod's nominal charging voltage is 5v as opposed to the older iPods, which could accept as much as 12v from your car battery. The newer Alpines have adapted to Apple's changes but for those of us with older equipment (myself included), Alpine has released an adaptor that will step down from 12v to 5v for the newer iPods (and iPhones). Search for part no. KCX-422tr.

chathamf
04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by jay.low
The newer iPod's nominal charging voltage is 5v as opposed to the older iPods, which could accept as much as 12v from your car battery. The newer Alpines have adapted to Apple's changes but for those of us with older equipment (myself included), Alpine has released an adaptor that will step down from 12v to 5v for the newer iPods (and iPhones). Search for part no. KCX-422tr.

Perfect! Thanks man.