PDA

View Full Version : Draggin Jeans

lesreynolds
04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Just was wondering if anyone had a pair of these and a review on them. I was wondering if they are a viable alternative to leathers or just something that is less then leathers but better then just normal jeans.

If you haven't heard of them their site is:
Draggin Jeans (http://www.dragginjeans.net/)

They have two resellers here in Calgary NE, just wanted to know if anyone has some of these and what they thought about them.

rampagesauce
04-18-2010, 05:29 PM
just took a class at too cool motorcycle school. guy said they were good, but provide no armor on the road, he said their ment for going over your riding pants.

dont know anything about them personally just thought ide pass that on?:dunno:

japan_us
04-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Funny that you should post this - I picked up a pair yesterday and was going to post a review after a bit more riding.

I rode all of yesterday and most of today with them. Luckily I have yet to test out their protective qualities, so I can't really comment on that. However, I bought a pair after reading a lot of positive testimonials from other riders.

When you pick them up they feel quite a bit heavier than regular jeans, but it's not bad once they're on. You won't even notice the added weight. My main concern was that the kevlar areas would be irritating, but this is not the case. They're actually very comfortable.

The pants aren't entirely lined with kevlar, but the denim itself seems very sturdy. And I like how the kevlar runs through the crotch area. I tend to burn holes in the crotches of my jeans, and I'm thinking that these will hold up pretty well.

If you're like me and tend to wear only jeans when messing around town, I think you'll like these a lot. They're a very good compromise between full out motorcycle pants and regular jeans. And if you want impact protection, just throw some armor under them.

turbotrip
04-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by lesreynolds
or just something that is less then leathers but better then just normal jeans.

codetrap
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I think they'd be ok paired up with a set of Bohn armour. In fact, I've already got the bohn, so now I'm just debating the draggin's.

rony_espana
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
What do these cost here in Calgary? I was actually checking these on eBay and they average about $100 plus shipping.

japan_us
04-22-2010, 09:26 AM
^ They're anywhere from $200-$300 @ Universal. I don't want to take away from them, because they're a nice shop, but if you're looking for deals maybe check out the styles locally and then buy them online. A method I like to use with our friends over at Blackfoot.

(I bought mine at Universal. Yeah, they were much more expensive, but they spent a lot of time helping me out with them, so they deserved the sale.)

Cowtown_Raider
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Bohn underarmour and Draggin's are a good combo. I've had mine about 4 years now and they've held up well.

Also purchased mine at Universal. Do some checking before you order from anywhere in the states because apparently only the Aussie and Canadian sold ones are legit.

lesreynolds
04-26-2010, 11:17 AM
So basically unless I want to double up on gear such as Underarmour & Draggin like Cowtown_Raider suggested I might as well just buy myself some leathers. I was looking at the price of the Draggin Jeans and they run around 300+ CND and I am sure I saw leathers for that amount also.

Makes me sad since I saw jeans for my girlfriend and they are around the 140CND price range. I was thinking it would be a nice way to save money to pick those up instead of the leathers but now it seems its almost the same price for myself I might as well go for leathers.

I do want to get a pair of them because I would suspect they wouldn't be magical in the sense that you would be cooking but in the same hand I'm not willing to blow 300 bucks on those then another 300 on leathers right now just isn't in the funds.

Plus I suspect that if I am planning a ride out to the Okanagan this summer leathers probably would be a safer choice over the jeans. I was just hoping that I could save some money and go for the jeans....the dream being that they would be just as good as leathers...lol.

Cowtown_Raider
05-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Les, I figure it's good to have both. I use the Draggins and Bohn for short trips in the city, such as to work and back. I get lazy sometimes and don't wear the underarmour every time, but the Draggins will at least protect my skin in the event of a fall.

Anything more than a short commute and it's the one piece leathers all the way...regardless of how hot it is. I was lucky and got the leathers included with the Gixxer 1000 I bought a few years ago. Check kijiji or craigslist...sometimes you can find a gently used set for a good price.

One more thing...it sounds like you're on a pretty tight budget, but if you can help it, don't skimp on the gear.

shutterbug_art8
05-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I brought mine from the US for $75USD new. Used it once. Got the relax style. Also brought the foam knee armor for $20.
The pants protect you from getting your arse skinned....literally. Won't protect you if you do hit a hard object. Good for low-side protection.

lesreynolds
05-16-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
Les, I figure it's good to have both. I use the Draggins and Bohn for short trips in the city, such as to work and back. I get lazy sometimes and don't wear the underarmour every time, but the Draggins will at least protect my skin in the event of a fall.

Anything more than a short commute and it's the one piece leathers all the way...regardless of how hot it is. I was lucky and got the leathers included with the Gixxer 1000 I bought a few years ago. Check kijiji or craigslist...sometimes you can find a gently used set for a good price.

One more thing...it sounds like you're on a pretty tight budget, but if you can help it, don't skimp on the gear.

I've been looking for leathers although it doesn't seem like any fricken store here has a stock with a lot of sizes. Ontop of that how they fit seem very goofy, from what I was reading wearing them over jeans you wear the same waist as you normally take but if your going with nothing under its a size smaller. My issue is that I think my legs are a 32 and when I put the icon leathers on I found the knees seemed to be to low on me.

I've checked out GW Cycle, Blackfoot and Walt Healy just to see how they fit and to be honest there isn't any selection out there. Is there any store here in Calgary that have a great selection in leathers for guys and girls?

D. Dub
05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Riding jeans are perfect for doing long distances. They're cool and comfortable, rain suits fit over them and they look mellow when you go to a museum, coffee shop or restaurant, hotel, etc.

Cowtown_Raider
05-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Is there any store here in Calgary that have a great selection in leathers for guys and girls?

I haven't been to Blackfoot in ages, but they have a pretty huge selection of leathers. If you're an odd size, then you might have trouble anywhere.

Never wore jeans under leathers...just a light pair of shorts. My one piece fits weird too because it's loose around the thighs and ass, but tighter up top. It would be too uncomfortable if it were any different. Don't worry about looking goofy.

Did you try Pro Am on Edmonton Trail or Bow Cycle?

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider

I haven't been to Blackfoot in ages, but they have a pretty huge selection of leathers. If you're an odd size, then you might have trouble anywhere.

Never wore jeans under leathers...just a light pair of shorts. My one piece fits weird too because it's loose around the thighs and ass, but tighter up top. It would be too uncomfortable if it were any different. Don't worry about looking goofy.

Did you try Pro Am on Edmonton Trail or Bow Cycle?

Well I have a 36 waist but I am short so a 32 leg which it doesnt seem any I find in stores have. I have been to, GW Cycle, Walt Healy, Blackfoot, totally forgot about Pro Am and Bow Cycle maybe I will give them a look.

See I always thought Blackfoot had a great selection also but when I was there it was.....well lacking or maybe I just didn't see anything that I liked.

I was wondering how clumpy they got, I read somewhere something interesting that a guy does and that is he goes to a bicycle equipment store buys some of these nut hugger spandex shorts but they have a gel-pad on the ass. He said it works wonders for your ass on long rides and make its much more comfortable.

D. Dub
05-21-2010, 09:23 AM

I was wondering how clumpy they got, I read somewhere something interesting that a guy does and that is he goes to a bicycle equipment store buys some of these nut hugger spandex shorts but they have a gel-pad on the ass. He said it works wonders for your ass on long rides and make its much more comfortable.

MEC has padded cycling underwear -- they are great for doing distances on a motorbike

lesreynolds
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by D. Dub

MEC has padded cycling underwear -- they are great for doing distances on a motorbike

Great to know because I was just about to ask if anyone knew a shop that carried these said magical butt padding pantaloons of comfort.