PDA

View Full Version : Looks like i might as well get a new engine.

TomTom
08-30-2002, 06:42 PM
i took my car in today to calgary honda...

#1 major thing. distribution sub assenbly is all rusted out $950.48+tax (the prob why my fast jumpy idle), pretty much every hose is leaking oil i guess, clutch master is leaking, somthing about the ignition, and dist rotors.
with labour and all im guessing $1700 hes calling me on tuesday with a full price.

now.. i could get them to fix all of these problems.
or i could get a rebuild (anyone know $$ on a 95 h22a)
or i could go with a new h22a or a prelude type-s engine

without tranny or ecu cause they are good.

any comments or sugestions? (and i dont know what caused this, im going to ask him when he phones back) that was my day!

legendboy
08-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Please tell me u took that car to honda for a safety inspection before u paid that much money for it. I know the owner is your friend on this board but if u took his word for it then u guys need to work something out.

shadowz
08-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Please tell me u took that car to honda for a safety inspection before u paid that much money for it. I know the owner is your friend on this board but if u took his word for it then u guys need to work something out.

The car had an inspection more than once

James
08-31-2002, 02:29 AM
Before you go dropping alot of money into this, or swapping engines, i would reccomend getting a second opinion on what needs to be replaced by somewhere else other than the dealership! If you just show up and say my car donst work, whats the problem?? they are gonna take you for a sucker! trust me its happened to me before ( mainly my moms fault) $700 later the car still didnt make it out of the parking lot, lets put it that way!:banghead:

buh_buh
08-31-2002, 05:11 AM
sounds like your getting scammed by Honda.
Ask for a second opinion.

ls/vtec-crx
08-31-2002, 12:37 PM
Me and my friend can look at it for you cause we can get used parts for that motor. $1700 to fix that shit is unreal.

TomTom
08-31-2002, 02:08 PM
i was thinking of taking it to yoko,
thanks al we can try to figure somthing out.

btw i took it in for a tuneup, than they gave me a list.

he told me all the stuff and i laughed and said its all in the engine? he said yes, so i laughed again and said it would be cheeper for me to buy a new engine, he said how ? 4500$ i laughed again and said ha"who do you know"

kevie88
08-31-2002, 06:34 PM
950 for a distributor is fugging stupid.. It's three bolts, 2 plugs and 5 spark plug wires . I got a remanufactured dizzy from Calgary Honda for under 300 bucks and installed it myself.

ninjak84
08-31-2002, 07:04 PM
i think auto zeal quotes an H22 engine swap for your car at around $3000....
im not positive tho, but i bet they'll give you one of the best prices in the city.

shadowz
09-01-2002, 03:41 AM
I think you may need a second opinion

frenchdriver
09-01-2002, 06:45 PM
atleast the car looks dam good! :drool:

sorry to hear that man... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

TomTom
09-02-2002, 05:09 PM
tune up replace spark plug the surging is the there and come the fast idle valve did replace dist rotors, because the dist.sub assembly are rusted see the est. estimate to replace distributor sub ass'y...$950.48 plus gst rad hoses need replacing, fluid changes, oil pressure switch, valve cover gasket, thermostat, clutch master leaking.

thats what the guy at honda typed into my tuneup report.

any more comments?