PDA

View Full Version : Apples next iPhone surfaced.

Pages : [1] 2

ICEBERG
04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
The new iphone from apple has surfaced. It was found at a bar. Looks like the real deal. Who ever lost it is in BIG trouble...

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

GOnSHO
04-19-2010, 08:24 AM
whoever lost that, is in HUGE trouble.. and why would they take it to the bar in the first placE?? :dunno:

GQBalla
04-19-2010, 08:37 AM
man that's crazy.

D'z Nutz
04-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
and why would they take it to the bar in the first placE?? :dunno:

To pick up chicks with it :poosie:

adidas
04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
My 3gs shit the bed last night, so im definitely looking forward to getting the 4g....NOT.

spike98
04-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Found in a bar in a 3G case? Really?? I have a hard time believing thats the real deal.

I bet it was found in a bar, in chinatown, next door to a retailer that sells clones....

Besides that does not have the styling cues of an apple device.

GQBalla
04-19-2010, 09:09 AM
did you even read the article?

phone was taken apart, with parts labelled as apple.

screen resolution was higher and used the micro sim.

beyond_ban
04-19-2010, 09:10 AM
^ Did you read the entire article?

Gizmodo is a fairly reliable source, I believe it.

tom_9109
04-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Could be an intentional leak by apple to cause buzz.

K3RMiTdot
04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
im still debating if i should wait for it or just buy a 3gs =X

beyond_ban
04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Does anyone have any general idea of this new gen's release date?

Mitsu3000gt
04-19-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm a little confused, how can they take someone's lost phone and disassemble it? Isn't that illegal? Maybe I just missed something in the article.

Looks good though, my 3GS is my cell phone and my home phone, so I use it constantly. I'll be upgrading when the 4th gen is out for sure.

spike98
04-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
did you even read the article?

phone was taken apart, with parts labelled as apple.

screen resolution was higher and used the micro sim.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
^ Did you read the entire article?

Gizmodo is a fairly reliable source, I believe it.

Ive read the artical on gizmodo and on several different sites.

I have clone screens that i use to repair peoples phones with if they are looking to save some money, they have apple part numbers and say apple on them....so your point is?

A while back a tester commited suicide because he lost some next gen test devices. If apple (or a sub company) put that much pressure on someone that they jumped off a building you think some dude in a bar would have left his device laying around?

Gizmodo and engadget posted some pretty real looking shit about the ipad for YEARS in advance. Then it actually came out.

If it is real, it just confirms my feeling that its going to be a ginormous peice of shit just like the ipad. But for some reason i think its a marketing ploy to sir up the market, or a well planned hoax.

Boat
04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109

Originally posted by spike98
But for some reason i think its a marketing ploy to sir up the market, or a well planned hoax..

:werd:

Then, Apple remotely killed the phone before we got access to it.

Can they even do that? LOL

ICEBERG
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Wow... They took down the Video's pretty quick. There was 3 or 4 Video's made this morning on the Gizmodo site. Now they are gone.

Apple must be pissed if this real. Or it could be a marketing ploy to get people all excided to buy this thing.;)

scat19
04-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Boat

Can they even do that? LOL

Yes.

RickDaTuner
04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Yes.

only if the person who finds it is dumb enough to leave the sim card in....

Xtrema
04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
It's real. Cross reference to Chinese web sites and Engadget's leaked pics, they all looked the same.

Kinda glad the bar of soap shape is gone. It's now more HTC like.

Announcement is rumored to be Jun 22nd. Release should be not long after that. Everyone has been expecting it since the OS 4 update announcement.

benyl
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Damn, I wanted to buy a factoryunlocked one in Europe when I am there in early July. Jun 22 is a bit too late.

eglove
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Wow... They took down the Video's pretty quick. There was 3 or 4 Video's made this morning on the Gizmodo site. Now they are gone.

Apple must be pissed if this real. Or it could be a marketing ploy to get people all excided to buy this thing.;)

the videos are still there, they are just taking awhile to buffer cause gizmodo is getting HAMMERED in hits

it's gotta be real cause other reputable blogs are talking about it too.

badatusrnames
04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109

That was my first inclination. Tough to say though, as the leak would have to be pretty targeted. 98% of the people that picked it up would likely have no idea what they had.

Sorath
04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
fuck yeah! im getting one, i knew there was a reason i didnt upgrade to a 3gs.

JordanAndrew
04-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Sorath

+1

I'm still using my 3G version but I am waiting for the new gen to come out so I can upgrade.

Kg810
04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Sorath

^ I feel exactly the same way haha

Sooooo glad I didn't upgrade to 3gs even though I was tempted to so many times. Can't wait to pick one up.

2Valve0
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Cannot wait for a new iphone

scat19
04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
IMO the 3gs was worth it. But this looks even better! Can't wait!

Jlude
04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
IMO the 3gs was worth it. But this looks even better! Can't wait!

I was regretting not upgrading to the 3GS right away, but glad I waited, going to the 4G from the 3G will be great.

Wraith
04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Does the iPhone release the same day in Canada as in the US?

shakalaka
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
^I doubt it.

Plus what's worrying me is since the 4G as micro sim or whatever, you just won't be able to buy an unlocked one online and stick your sim in. How would that work? What about people in contracts already? Unless you request for a micro sim and your provider just gives you one?

almerick
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
I like it.

scat19
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
It released last year same day.

benyl
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
^I doubt it.

Plus what's worrying me is since the 4G as micro sim or whatever, you just won't be able to buy an unlocked one online and stick your sim in. How would that work? What about people in contracts already? Unless you request for a micro sim and your provider just gives you one?

Iphone doesn't use the SIM for contacts anyway.

rage2
04-19-2010, 01:22 PM
That's gonna be annoying for travelling with an unlocked phone until Micro Sim cards become more mainstream.

spike98
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
^I doubt it.

Originally posted by benyl

Kg810
04-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone want to start speculating as to how much this baby will cost with and without contract?

scat19
04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Kg810
Anyone want to start speculating as to how much this baby will cost with and without contract?

There is no point.

Just rest assured - It'll be magical.

shakalaka
04-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Hahah yea, I was talking about people that are into contracts with their phone providers and stuff, not the contacts list.

taemo
04-19-2010, 02:11 PM
sorry but dont have much time to read the article, but did they try to turn it on?

benyl
04-19-2010, 02:27 PM
^I doubt it.

Haha, I fail at reading.

spike98
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM

There is no point.

Just rest assured - It'll be fucking astronomical.

fixed

shakalaka
04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by taemo
sorry but dont have much time to read the article, but did they try to turn it on?

Couldn't get it to turn on, something about Apple remotely killing it. The guy who originally found it turned it on I think, it says? He saw it was running OS 4.0?

rawsensation
04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Seems more to be a prototype still in development than the actual model but I guess we have to wait and see ( I want to see it in White!!!), still not liking the bezel thou.

Now to add more fuel to the fire, release date June 22?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/04/14/apple-to-release-next-gen-iphone-on-june-22/

Kardon
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Dunno why anybody is saying this is fake it looks just like the other prototype here http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/18/iphone-4g-proof/

Definitely gonna have to wait for this to release before throwing my storm in the garbage.

spike98
04-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I personally think that its bullshit for a few reasons:

1. Its apple. Period. The have in the past leaked fake pre-production information only to change it in the past. They are incredibley seceretive about all of there products. I simply dont believe how they can and did allow some douche canoe that is dumb enough to take a phone like that in public AND leave it there. Research the first time this happened. It also happened with a BATCH not just one. Where are those pictures??!

2. The person that finds it knows what it is? AND that its running OS 4.0??! Most of the apple/iphone followers know how to sync there shit on itunes and txt messege thier loved ones. Thats it.... Hell VERY recently i was talking to a rep that works for rogers and mentioned the rumor of a release. She had no idea what i was talking about and admited to owning a 3GS. And thats someone directly related to telcom. A more plausable story to me is someone would have found it and tried to pawn it off for money to buy some rock and the pawn guy knowing fuck all about what it would be worth did a little research.

3. Its ugly. It has none of the styling cues of past apple phones. They are sleak and look very stylish. This bar of soap hunk of garbage looks like nothing that apple would put out. Look at the ipad. Its an entirely different product and looks like a bloody iphone. If apple was trying to release a breakthrough device that is suppose to corner the market like the ipad, dont you think they would have modeled it on something new? Perhaps the next gen iphone? Perhaps, but certainly not after a fucking hersey bar like this monstrosity.

4. Despite it coming from reputable websites, i trust NOTHING i read on the interwebs until i can verify it myself. And with this, i cannot. Not untill Apple says, yes, thats ours. Or i have one in my hands.

Now this is my opinion, if this is the real deal i will accept the taste of my own foot in my mouth. Alternatively if its not, there wil be an i told you so post.

beyond_ban
04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
Dunno why anybody is saying this is fake it looks just like the other prototype here http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/18/iphone-4g-proof/

Definitely gonna have to wait for this to release before throwing my storm in the garbage.

I am in the same boat... cept my storm decided to lose any ability to actually click on shit today. I canonly highlight what i wanna click. Looking back, this was the worst phone ever. I was hoping to be able to wait for this, but 3GS it is :(

HyperZell
04-19-2010, 04:23 PM

4. Despite it coming from reputable websites, i trust NOTHING i read on the interwebs until i can verify it myself. And with this, i cannot. Not untill Apple says, yes, thats ours. Or i have one in my hands.

Why bother with the long rhetoric? Point 4 basically says that you don't listen to anything you read unless it's personally verifiable. So of course, until Apple makes a PR release, there's nothing for you here.

For the rest of us though, this is a very convincing rumor with a lot more reasons to believe than usual. This is way past the blurry cellphone shot or the "rep said it" rumors that we usually see.

Kg810
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
I personally think that its bullshit for a few reasons:

1. Its apple. Period. The have in the past leaked fake pre-production information only to change it in the past. They are incredibley seceretive about all of there products. I simply dont believe how they can and did allow some douche canoe that is dumb enough to take a phone like that in public AND leave it there. Research the first time this happened. It also happened with a BATCH not just one. Where are those pictures??!

2. The person that finds it knows what it is? AND that its running OS 4.0??! Most of the apple/iphone followers know how to sync there shit on itunes and txt messege thier loved ones. Thats it.... Hell VERY recently i was talking to a rep that works for rogers and mentioned the rumor of a release. She had no idea what i was talking about and admited to owning a 3GS. And thats someone directly related to telcom. A more plausable story to me is someone would have found it and tried to pawn it off for money to buy some rock and the pawn guy knowing fuck all about what it would be worth did a little research.

3. Its ugly. It has none of the styling cues of past apple phones. They are sleak and look very stylish. This bar of soap hunk of garbage looks like nothing that apple would put out. Look at the ipad. Its an entirely different product and looks like a bloody iphone. If apple was trying to release a breakthrough device that is suppose to corner the market like the ipad, dont you think they would have modeled it on something new? Perhaps the next gen iphone? Perhaps, but certainly not after a fucking hersey bar like this monstrosity.

Now this is my opinion, if this is the real deal i will accept the taste of my own foot in my mouth. Alternatively if its not, there wil be an i told you so post.

Is it me or do you sound angry in this post.

Jetta-2.0
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM

Couldn't get it to turn on, something about Apple remotely killing it. The guy who originally found it turned it on I think, it says? He saw it was running OS 4.0?

LOL apple some how jammed the so called phone? lol if its not connected by internet or such thing or not having a sim in it then there is no way in hell they can turn it off. :rofl: :rofl:. I dont have nothing towards u, but having such a product come out from nowhere I and other people would like to see pics or video with this thing turned on :thumbsdow I call fake and if it isnt then I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole cuz its ugly and boxy like all the older phones also all of apples products are round and bubbly

shakalaka
04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Haha I am not saying that it is the new iPhone and I am not saying that it isn't either. I am as skeptical as the next person, so I am just gonna wait till it actually happens, or there's more robust evidence. I was simply stating the reason, the article had mentioned as to why they did not have any pictures or videos of it, turned on.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't really like the looks or squarishness. Ill be sticking with my 3G until my contract expires for sure.

Power_Of_Rotary
04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
im not much of a business major, but say this is set up by apple what is the purpose of it? i see virtually no gains of this compared to actual advertisement. Right now the video i see is from an asian guy just talking about the hardware itself and nothing really grabbing my interest. Versus normal apple's normal marketing ads are much better and makes me want to buy the thing.

so in the end if apple really wanted to advertise their new product using this method they should atleast let the phone turn on and have some more details. hence i believe this the real phone

tho i do not believe this is set up by apple, but the story of "found in a bar" seems a bit unreasonable.

Isaiah
04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
With respect to everyone stating that someone will lose their job over this, if this is the real deal then anyone with enough clout to actually have one of these things in their possession is important enough in the Apple hierarchy that their employment is likely very secure.

eglove
04-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Not bullshit. They found the developer who lost it!

http://m.gizmodo.com/site?t=dH2RuK7vpVT2M7C2gHXIsw&sid=gizmodoip

sabad66
04-19-2010, 06:37 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone

Looks like they found the guy who lost it.

Apparently they called him at his office and he confirmed that he lost it... If this is a hoax, it's really good so far

Kinjou
04-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Rumor has it, it's suppose to be cheaper so it can compete with it's competitors.. a real bonus for people looking to pick up the "4G"

Zephyr
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0

LOL apple some how jammed the so called phone? lol if its not connected by internet or such thing or not having a sim in it then there is no way in hell they can turn it off. :rofl: :rofl:. I dont have nothing towards u, but having such a product come out from nowhere I and other people would like to see pics or video with this thing turned on :thumbsdow I call fake and if it isnt then I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole cuz its ugly and boxy like all the older phones also all of apples products are round and bubbly

It's called MobileMe, it's available for the 3GS, you can remotely wipe the phone and disable it if you lose it, or you can ping the crap out of it to tell the person to return it, or even track where the phone is via GPS. That's how it got wiped, and since it has a microsim inside, I'm pretty sure it was connected to the AT&T system.

I hope this is the final product, that looks really nice. It's pretty amazing how Apple can get so much free publicity and press even before the product is announced. Maybe this was a setup to make some noise, and all it cost was to "lose" a phone.

shakalaka
04-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I for one actually like the squarish shape of it. Funny enough I ordered a $100 case which is completely square for my current iphone. lol

Xtrema
04-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Is it me or do you sound angry in this post.

Because Apple is infallible. Steve Job can do no wrong and shit bricks of gold and will never allow mistakes like this.

spike98
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Because Apple is infallible. Steve Job can do no wrong and shit bricks of gold and will never allow mistakes like this.

This!

I am not angry. I have better things in my life going on than to worry about a friggen phone. I just came from a 3G and 3GS in fact.

Im just tired of apple in general. The money make schemes and the smug attitude of jobs makes me want to smash my monitor. I almost lost it during the Q & A section of the 4.0 release.

ICEBERG
04-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Apple want's the phone back... :D

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/04/20/003646-500x_applelegaltogizmodo.jpg

Zephyr
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Apple want's the phone back... :D

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/04/20/003646-500x_applelegaltogizmodo.jpg

and now they have two months to redesign it lol

shakalaka
04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I read somewhere that Apple paid Gizmodo $10K to have it back.:dunno:

Zephyr
04-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I read somewhere that Apple paid Gizmodo $10K to have it back.:dunno:

Gizmodo paid 10k to the person that found it.

shakalaka
04-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Oh okay, something about the 10K anyway. lol

scat19
04-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

Gizmodo paid 10k to the person that found it.

No, they paid 5.

Kavy
04-21-2010, 02:10 AM
So hold up, they paid someone who found it.........and they know who owns it, Yet they proceed to take it apart.............

Is this not theft?
I mean I'm pretty sure if I "found" a car on the street and decided to take it apart the law wouldn't protect me.

I smell something that smells like Winnipeg here.

Power_Of_Rotary
04-21-2010, 02:33 AM
i dont think this iphone has a actual "registration" like a vehicle. If someone picked up ur watch, what proof do you have that the watch is yours.

obviously the phone doesnt belong to whomever found it. but its very easy for that guy to make a fortune by selling it to another competitor and such.

hence 5 or 10grand to buy it back is a cheap price to pay on apples end. If i was the guy who found it 10grand they can buy the case back

Kardon
04-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
i dont think this iphone has a actual "registration" like a vehicle. If someone picked up ur watch, what proof do you have that the watch is yours.

obviously the phone doesnt belong to whomever found it. but its very easy for that guy to make a fortune by selling it to another competitor and such.

hence 5 or 10grand to buy it back is a cheap price to pay on apples end. If i was the guy who found it 10grand they can buy the case back

I'm sure apple has a list of the serial numbers of all the xxGB prototype iphones running around as I'm sure apple just gave them out. So really it is still apples iphone, and they could easily prove it.

Kavy
04-21-2010, 07:00 AM

I think you missed the part in the article saying they knew who the owner was.

They bought an item with full knowledge that the seller was not the owner. Then they stripped it down and after they were done with it contacted the owner.

Did i miss something? Cause that sure as hell sounds shady to me.

spikerS
04-21-2010, 07:31 AM
oh please, in this day and age, when everyone is out for a quick buck, and gone are the days of morals, you all know you would gladly hand over anything you find on the streets for cash.

meh, whatever. If they didn't want it to get out, they would never have left the labs they were designed in.

rage2
04-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Yea, you missed the part where the guy that found it, as well as Gizmodo BOTH tried to report it to Apple as found. They even got a support ticket for it. There were attempts made at trying to contact the rightful owner, but they were ignored.

HyperZell
04-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Just FYI, Gizmodo is willing to play ball with Apple:

Here's my reply:

Bruce, thanks.
Here's Jason Chen, who has the iPhone. And here's his address. You two should coordinate a time.
[Blah Blah Blah Address]
Happy to have you pick this thing up. Was burning a hole in our pockets. Just so you know, we didn't know this was stolen [as they might have claimed. meaning, real and truly from Apple. It was found, and to be of unproven origin] when we bought it. Now that we definitely know it's not some knockoff, and it really is Apple's, I'm happy to see it returned to its rightful owner.
P.S. I hope you take it easy on the kid who lost it. I don't think he loves anything more than Apple.

benyl
04-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Serial numbers. How do you prove you own anything?

I don't know about you, but my insurance company knows about the serial number of my watch...

Jlude
04-21-2010, 09:22 AM

Serial numbers. How do you prove you own anything?

I don't know about you, but my insurance company knows about the serial number of my watch...

I don't know many people that actually do and the person you're quoting obviously doesn't.

Power_Of_Rotary
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
hmm i think i didnt make it clear what i was trying to get at.

someone said that selling or taking apart a 'found' phone is considered theft. That is not the case. There could be people claiming its their property but it is still not called theft since there was no intention of taking someones property knowing it is still in possession of the owner.

Kavy
04-21-2010, 02:58 PM
hmm i think i didnt make it clear what i was trying to get at.

someone said that selling or taking apart a 'found' phone is considered theft. That is not the case. There could be people claiming its their property but it is still not called theft since there was no intention of taking someones property knowing it is still in possession of the owner.

I said it was theft, the way I understood the article before rage clarified was that the guy who found it as well as gizmodo knew who the owner was.
Yet it was still sold and disassembled knowing full well that neither of them owned the phone.

Rage also mentioned that they tried contacting the owner but received no response,i missed that the first time I read the article.

I will still conclude it seems shady to me but I re read the article with all the additions and it amazes me how detailed the account of this matter is. All the way from a random drink guy finding the phone, to him giving it to the guy who found it, to him trying to use it.

The guy who lost it should have said aliens picked it up and dropped it at the bar.

derpderp
04-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Yea, you missed the part where the guy that found it, as well as Gizmodo BOTH tried to report it to Apple as found. They even got a support ticket for it. There were attempts made at trying to contact the rightful owner, but they were ignored.

The rightful owner? Who was it anyway? The guy is probably pretending he still has the phone so Jobs won't figure out who fucked up and lost the test unit.

CKY
04-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by derpderp

The rightful owner? Who was it anyway? The guy is probably pretending he still has the phone so Jobs won't figure out who fucked up and lost the test unit.

Whoever it was it probably high up enough to not get fired. Probably just lost a chunk of his bonus at worst. This isn't exactly bad viral advertising anyways.

freshprince1
04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Great marketing campaign for Apple. They "lose" a prototype and get 7 million hits one one site alone regarding the story. Freakin' genious.

shakalaka
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I for one actually don't see how Apple has any advantage or how any of this is beneficial for them. They have no shortage of publicity or have problems with getting their products out there. Especially where they stand as of today. They announce the main event, where they introduce their new products and the whole market goes haywire. They have no problems with advertising their products what so ever imo.

If anything this whole fiasco actually has been detrimental to them. The sales of iPhone 3gs would have most probably has come to a stand still, or at least suffered greatly. Since people know that a 4G will be released soon, no one is gonna be buying the older one's. And for the people who can't wait the two months or whatever till it's release will prolly look for other high end phones like Android since they already know buying a 3gs would become 'old news' and it won't really be anything 'new' soon enough. The best thing for Apple to do here imo would be to, if possible, release the 4g as soon as they can, instead of waiting till the originally planned time. It'll be interesting to see what their next move will be, if they decide to do anything differently.

Kg810
04-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I for one actually don't see how Apple has any advantage or how any of this is beneficial for them. They have no shortage of publicity or have problems with getting their products out there. Especially where they stand as of today. They announce the main event, where they introduce their new products and the whole market goes haywire. They have no problems with advertising their products what so ever imo.

If anything this whole fiasco actually has been detrimental to them. The sales of iPhone 3gs would have most probably has come to a stand still, or at least suffered greatly. Since people know that a 4G will be released soon, no one is gonna be buying the older one's. And for the people who can't wait the two months or whatever till it's release will prolly look for other high end phones like Android since they already know buying a 3gs would become 'old news' and it won't really be anything 'new' soon enough. The best thing for Apple to do here imo would be to, if possible, release the 4g as soon as they can, instead of waiting till the originally planned time. It'll be interesting to see what their next move will be, if they decide to do anything differently.

You are assuming everyone keeps up with Apple and wants the next best new thing, but not everyone will be able to fork up (and I'm pulling this number out of my ass) $700+ for a phone and still pay upwards of $70 a month to use it. So while Apple has always been a company that targets consumers who don't mind paying premiums for their products, maybe this way of "unoffcially" annoucing their new up and coming improved iPhone, they will allow people who weren't able to fork up $200+ for a 3G or 3GS to be finally able to afford one at $100 -$200.

It's like people with cars, when an automaker releases info on a facelift for XXX model, people who can afford to get into the next trend will fork the money, while people who weren't able to can expect price drops on the current one, which will be outdated, and buy that one instead of the new facelift.

I don't know, but that's my take on it.

shakalaka
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I see what you mean. But let's say the people that don't keep up with Apple and don't want the next best thing, are still aware of what an iPhone is right? So say if Apple had properly released the 4G, two months down the line, it wouldn't have made any difference to those people that don't care about it. And this whole thing isn't going to make any difference to that market either, if they just can't afford the new one anyway. If they aren't interested in Apple, or can't afford it, they still aren't going to buy the 4G, even if they now know about 2 months before the actual date. They would have known what it is and everything regardless eventually, even when it was an official Apple announcement. You know what I mean?

But now talking from the perspective of the market that is all techy, no one in their right mind would actually buy the 3gs (unless obviously if they just can't afford the new one or are in immediate need for a new phone). But that market that is all technologically inclined and that had been 'expecting' a 4G but weren't 100% aware when/if it would be released are certain now. And say this whole thing hadn't happened, it was a possibility that a lot of them would have just gone with the 3gs thinking that there is no concrete evidence of the 4g, or simply out of sheer impatience, but now they are certain that it will be coming out soon enough and the people that can wait, will probably do so. The chances are that the people who have been hoping for the 4g or debating about the 3gs, are the sure-shot guaranteed market for Apple and can afford little gadgets such as these. So the way I see it, if anything Apple would have lost sales on the 3gs cause of this.

And company's such as these are always very quiet about the release of their new products that can affect the sales of their older one's in any way. Especially we all know how clever Steve Jobs is when it comes to these things.

tha_bandit
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
http://voices.allthingsd.com/files/2010/04/1381.jpg

derpderp
04-23-2010, 02:01 AM
I don't think they would have lost it on purpose, because they would risk the phone ending up in the hands of competitors.

Maybe they would let a product tester show it off, creating some hype and all but straight up abandoning a copy of the phone would be terrible for Apple if the wrong person ended up with it. Just imagine someone taking the thing and selling it to a company in China.

banned3x
04-23-2010, 03:03 AM
whats the eta for this phone?

JustinGTP
04-23-2010, 03:04 AM
It has a nice design. Then again, Apple is all about design. From the packaging, to the device and even the power cord.

tha_bandit
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
eH4yCmc9OkE&feature=youtube_gdata

Mibz
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by derpderp
I don't think they would have lost it on purpose, because they would risk the phone ending up in the hands of competitors. Is there anything there that competitors don't already have?

sabad66
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Is there anything there that competitors don't already have?
Not too up to date with the other smart phones out there... but do any of them have the small mic for noise cancellation? Besides that I can't really think of anything else..

spike98
04-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

Not too up to date with the other smart phones out there... but do any of them have the small mic for noise cancellation? Besides that I can't really think of anything else..

Nexus one. Apple sucks

banned3x
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
When is this phone coming out

spike98
04-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
When is this phone coming out

Nobody knows, nothing has been announced. Rumor is june. However it purely based on past releases.

benyl
04-23-2010, 01:01 PM

Nexus one. Apple sucks

I was thinking of getting a Nexus one until I read that the 3G connection issues are hardware related. No thanks.

spike98
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM

I was thinking of getting a Nexus one until I read that the 3G connection issues are hardware related. No thanks.

The 3G issues are a thing of the past on new revisions. I experiance none of this.

Power_Of_Rotary
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
whats new with today's smart phones??

HD screen
hdmi out
usb port

theres a huge list, but this is something that the iphone 4g as of right now im assuming does not have other than hd screen

ZEDGE
04-23-2010, 06:12 PM

I have had no 3G issues with mine. This is more a T-Mobile thing in the US issue.

Zephyr
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM
mqBDBVK9UyU

4lti
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Video

Meh...
I chuckled when he took the money tho heh heh heh.

dino_martini
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
whats the eta for this phone?

Late June early July just like every iPhone.

I love the iPhone but I love BBM, not so sure about this one. It better have atleast a 5mp camera.

cam_wmh
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Oh wow, this just took an entertaining turn
http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-seize-jason-chens-computers

My thoughts? F*CK Apple and their totalitarian, self righteous, viral, proprietory fan boy, gestapo bullshit. I hate myself for liking my phone right now. </dramatic venting>

This is a serious infringement upon the press.