PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 Deadliest Warrior thread

dsr7723
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I did a search on the topic and found nothing, so can this be the official Deadliest Warrior Season 2 thread?

Anybody watch last season? Anybody into this stuff? Tomorrow night on Spike, SWAT vs. GSG-9. Should be a good matchup.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Woo cant wait! Good way to pass the time when your bored.

Orbie
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Big time, really looking forward to the opening show, basically all the winners from season 1 showdown.

I just watch it for entertainment factor though, there's really not much merit behind it, when it comes down to it you have no idea what variables they are putting into their "simulator". The one factor they never consider is environment (open field, house to house etc) those can have a huge impact on the outcome. Alot of times they make judgement on who has the edge just by gut feeling. I didn't agree with the pirate vs. knight or the gladiator vs. apache.

flipstah
04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Going to be a great summer.:D

schocker
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to it. I assume that dumbass is still on the show though :facepalm:

n1zm0
04-19-2010, 07:29 PM
awesome i thought this show was cancelled for some reason, GSG-9 will have all the toys SWAT uses and then some, it's going to a heckler and koch party for both teams lol

BerserkerCatSplat
04-19-2010, 08:00 PM
It's schlock entertainment, but I always look forward to TDW.

nightfx
04-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Looking forward to it, pretty entertaining show other than the simulations which are kind of lame.

403Gemini
04-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Orbie
Big time, really looking forward to the opening show, basically all the winners from season 1 showdown.

I just watch it for entertainment factor though, there's really not much merit behind it, when it comes down to it you have no idea what variables they are putting into their "simulator". The one factor they never consider is environment (open field, house to house etc) those can have a huge impact on the outcome. Alot of times they make judgement on who has the edge just by gut feeling. I didn't agree with the pirate vs. knight or the gladiator vs. apache.

I agree, problem is also the people "defending" their fighter. With the Knight vs Pirate the whole bonus the pirate had was the 1 test showed the blunderbus was able to get through a breastplate....

Okay, now take a Breastplate, add a shield infront of the breastplate, put chainmail under the breastplate, pug padding under the chain mail, there's just no way that scatter shot would ever get through.

And I agree the gladiator vs the apache was stupid too... if knives were so good at hand to hand combat why didn't all gladiators just become knife fighters :rolleyes:

2Valve0
04-20-2010, 01:43 AM
The one that bothered me was the ninja vs. spartan

Ninja's are stealthy ass fighters that usually are in the dark or very crowded places, not in open fkin fields it wouldn't have anything to do with who/what they are. Made no sense.

I love the show just know the results are all bogus. They don't take into account terrain etc.

dsr7723
04-20-2010, 06:49 AM
I agree the terrain factors need to be considered a lot more. The junkyard def. favored the IRA, although I still think 5 on 5 the Taliban had no chance either way. As far as Apache vs. Gladiator, I called that victory, knife and all. Apaches are warriors right outta the womb. Although the equally born violent Maori got his ass handed to him. I think the Shaolin would be the one to beat overall. In a different environment the Spartan would have had no chance. I wanna see Spartan vs. Samurai, arena setting.

403Gemini
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
They could pair them up a lot better too... like Spartan vs Gladiator, Apache vs Ninja... fuck why not put Cave man vs Special ops sniper for one of their episodes... :rolleyes:

I mostly watch it to see how the weapons would damage a person.

BigDaftAL
04-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Deadliest Warrior=Pokemon for MMA fans.

Integra10
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
They could pair them up a lot better too... like Spartan vs Gladiator, Apache vs Ninja... fuck why not put Cave man vs Special ops sniper for one of their episodes... :rolleyes:

:werd:

There's also so many variables that the computer can't account for such as if the warrior has slept/ate/environment etc. But it's a pretty good show for killing some time.

V6-BoI
04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Looking forward to it. I assume that dumbass is still on the show though :facepalm:

You mean the "computer programmer" that inputs all the acquired data into the "simulator" to obtain the results?

schocker
04-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by V6-BoI

You mean the "computer programmer" that inputs all the acquired data into the "simulator" to obtain the results? Yes, that guy is a douche.

RUQUIKR
04-20-2010, 08:15 PM
It always irratates me that they will only test some weapons once instead of trying multiple angles. It's also kinda dumb that they never take hand to hand combat into consideration. I know that gladiators, vikings etc are tough guys but I think someone who was trained in Ninjitsu or Kung Fu would have a serious hand to hand advantage.

2Valve0
04-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

that made me lol. They should be finding the best with certain traits like you said. Power vs. Power, Stealth vs. Stealth, etc.

I completely agree. I think the show is awesome but it is simply just for entertainment value.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by V6-BoI

You mean the "computer programmer" that inputs all the acquired data into the "simulator" to obtain the results?

I wish they tested the weapons on him instead of the dummies. Fuck is he ever annoying.

GC84ever
04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I would have loved to seen the Ninja vs the Shaolin Monk.

It was cool to see SWAT and GSG9. But I didn't like the idea of allies fighting each other.

Orbie
04-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Well, what did everyone think of the Samurai vs. Spartan, IRA vs. Spetsnaz and GSG9 vs. SWAT?

The Samurai/Spartan one I was really looking forward to seeing, really close, I could see it going either way, but that Spartan is like a tank. One thing that probably should have been more of a factor is how the bronze spear just bent like a leaf when it hit the Samurai's armor, unlike the Naginata. That pretty much makes the spear unusable after a hit. That shield is insane though.

IRA/Spetsnaz no surprise really, but you have to think if the Spetsnaz couldn't take down the Mujahideen and the IRA defeated their decendents in the Taliban that it probably should have been alot closer. This match up was annoying too because they pretty much took their test results from a former veteran Spetsnaz operative vs. an IRA descendant, no bias there. I'm sure that joe nobody shooting the H&K G3 shows exactly how good the weapon is.

The GSG9 vs. SWAT I can agree with, but it would be so close it could go either way easily.

Orbie
04-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Also just pulled this from wiki, the matchups for the rest of season 2

4.1 Episode 10: SWAT vs. GSG9
4.2 Episode 11: Attila the Hun vs. Alexander the Great
4.3 Episode 12: Jesse James vs. Al Capone
4.4 Episode 13: Aztec Jaguar vs. Zande Warrior
4.5 Episode 14: Nazi SS vs. Viet Cong
4.6 Episode 15: Roman Centurion vs. Rajput
4.7 Episode 16: Somali Pirate vs. Medellin Drug Cartel
4.8 Episode 17: Persian Immortal vs. Celt
4.9 Episode 18: KGB vs. CIA
4.10 Episode 19: Vlad The Impaler vs. Sun Tzu
4.11 Episode 20: Ming Warrior vs. Musketeer
4.12 Episode 21: Comanche vs. Mongol
4.13 Episode 22: Navy SEAL vs. Israeli Commando

Nazi SS vs. Viet Cong, Ming Warrior vs. Musketeer haha who comes up with these matchups.

dj_rice
04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Cant wait for Nazi SS vs Viet Cong hahaha

VC Representttttttttttttt :rofl:

Freeskier
04-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I want an SAS matchup... but maybe they think that wouldn't be fair on the other guy lol

dsr7723
04-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Somali Pirate vs. Medellin Drug Cartel, now that's what I'm looking forward to. 2 groups of greasy low life bastards with black market weapons and underhanded tactics, and only 1 thing on their mind: Greed.

I wanna see a Somali Pirate get Colombian neck tied.

Orbie
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Cant wait for Nazi SS vs Viet Cong hahaha

VC Representttttttttttttt :rofl:

I was thinking about this one some more, it's going to be interesting to see what they do for the SS. Who are they going to have represent that faction? Neo Nazi's haha.

And what are their weapons going to be that were different from the Wehrmacht? I can see it now special weapon will be concentration camps. Short range reapon will be Nazi Zombies

:rofl:

dsr7723
05-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Okay so last week Alexander The Great vs. Attila The Hun was pretty gay IMO, but who watched tonight's episode, Al Capone vs. Jesse James? Not gonna ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but wasn't that something? I never had a doubt in my mind about the outcome, best episode ever so far IMO. Check it out if you missed it!