PDA

View Full Version : why do people bring 4door gts-t's to this continent

Pages : [1] 2

slinkie
04-20-2010, 12:29 AM
(nt)

Kloubek
04-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Probably for the same reason people start threads about why someone would bring a 4-door gts to this continent. They're retarded and have nothing better to do.

GTS4tw
04-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Uhhh, why do you care? I much prefer the look of the 4 door.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/GTS4tw/P8160292.jpg

riander5
04-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw
Uhhh, why do you care? I much prefer the look of the 4 door.

You hurt her feelings!

Rat Fink
04-20-2010, 07:17 AM
nothing wrong with 4 doors. Who says everything sporty has to have 2 doors?

Subaru doesn't give a shit about your opinion. 'nuff said.

GTS4tw
04-20-2010, 07:27 AM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9545/wagon8dfob5.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t108/janco_2007/calgarytrip092.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/longlivejdm/Skylines/others/1243_IMG_7734.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/longlivejdm/Skylines/others/ok_4649_036-img600x450-11826953271.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/longlivejdm/Skylines/others/stars_spirits2003-img600x450-117-1.jpg

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/r344door1.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs280.snc1/10732_439714835000_610425000_8871046_7091045_n.jpg

http://www.roadsterdrift.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mscrd01_266.jpg

heavyD
04-20-2010, 09:12 AM
I often wonder how this country allows kids to import cars from Japanese junkyards to be driven on our streets.

Eleanor
04-20-2010, 09:33 AM
^ how is it different than kids driving north american junkyard cars? :dunno:

Tomaz
04-20-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm still waiting for the S15 to be available here.

My Mona Lisa

Anyway, :whocares:

eglove
04-20-2010, 09:44 AM
why do people bitch about the stupidest shit.

badatusrnames
04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

:werd: They are in better shape than most beaters, like rusty J-bodies, a lot of kids drove when I was in high school.

Of course, the fact that they have more than double the power is the big problem. But that's the driver, not the car.

Trini
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
why do people make retarded threads

luxor
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
No, the real question is why do people import RHD Civics? You can get the same thing here in LHD for 1/4 the price LOL.

Zero102
04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Because people import these cars because they are "fast" and drive like asshats in them more often than they do with domestic junkyard cars. That said, we should have required yearly safety inspections and maybe even emissions testing, that would take most of the pieces of shit off our roads. The solution isn't blocking Japanese imports, but rather properly testing the cars that are on our road.

ragu
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by luxor
No, the real question is why do people import RHD Civics? You can get the same thing here in LHD for 1/4 the price LOL.

The real question is why do people import RHD bmw lol

Mar
04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
There was also a 4 door GT-R released for the anniversary year, would you be against that too?

TorqueDog
04-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I actually really like that dark grey four door in GTS4tw's post - second from the bottom.

2Valve0
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
My only problem with these cars is the idiots driving them. Think they are in a ferrari or something when really they are driving a $4000 junker. Then they stare you down and rev the engine when its not even a gtr :facepalm:

But overall I like the looks of the car just so overplayed in calgary now I would never even think of owning one. Same thing with 300zx's and 180's :dunno:

msommers
04-20-2010, 12:23 PM
BMW M5. Need I say more?

jdmsource
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
sure if you are looking for a rust bucket and non SiR model they are dime a dozen

TorqueDog
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by msommers
BMW M5. Need I say more? ... you lost me. What?

T-Dubbs
04-20-2010, 12:33 PM
BMW M5. Need I say more?

:facepalm:

CMW403
04-20-2010, 01:49 PM
i like the idea of a 4door skyline:dunno:

having a coupe is a hassle but i lovez my lude:love:

jdm_eg6
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM

Just shut up man. You obviously dont know what your talking about.

USDM Honda civic si (highest model):
didnt have these things compared to the JDM SiR
Rust free body
traction control (optional)
abs braking
larger sway bars
LSD transmission
B16a with 170hp (usdm just came with the shitbox SOHC 130 hp on a good day D16y8)
Gathers audio system
rear storage bay system
front fog lights
SiR tachometer/speedometer
sweet ass JDM flare ;)
JDM (and UKDM) Center console (which actually has some function)
Arm rests
and some other shit i may be missing..

and you pay more here for anything CLOSE to as clean as what comes from japan.

end rant, and tell ur dually friends.

gretz
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
My only problem with these cars is the idiots driving them. Think they are in a ferrari or something when really they are driving a $4000 junker. Then they stare you down and rev the engine when its not even a gtr :facepalm:

But overall I like the looks of the car just so overplayed in calgary now I would never even think of owning one. Same thing with 300zx's and 180's :dunno:

I have never in my life had someone rev their engine at me in a serious manner... Why do the "haters" ALWAYS" see this shit?

lol @ 300zx and 180sx being overplayed... I definately see more of them than the pursuit, cobalt, cavalier, sunfire, mustangs, civics, BMWs, etc... on a daily basis

badatusrnames
04-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by gretz

lol @ 300zx and 180sx being overplayed... I definately see more of them than the pursuit, cobalt, cavalier, sunfire, mustangs, civics, BMWs, etc... on a daily basis

Sarcasm I hope...

derpderp
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
It is over played because every wannabe street racer and his dog owns one now.

gretz
04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
edit-

gretz
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes, sarcasm lol...

Originally posted by derpderp
It is over played because every wannabe street racer and his dog owns one now.

once again - where are all these wannabe street racers cruising? Your name suits you lol...

edit - what do real street racers own lol?

badatusrnames
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes, sarcasm lol...

Haha thanks. People have posted on here that Skylines and Fairlady's are as common as Cavaliers and insisted that they are dead serious...

g-m
04-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6

Rust free body
abs braking
larger sway bars
LSD transmission
B16a with 170hp (usdm just came with the shitbox SOHC 130 hp on a good day D16y8)
Gathers audio system
rear storage bay system
front fog lights
sweet ass JDM flare ;)
Arm rests

end rant, and tell ur dually friends. its still just a civic. Even if it does have arm rests.

sr20s14zenki
04-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Rust free body
abs braking
larger sway bars
LSD transmission
Gathers audio system
rear storage bay system
front fog lights
sweet ass JDM flare ;)
Arm rests

Exactly, why the fuck would somebody buy a rust bucket here, get new quarter panels put in, new fenders, and whatever the fuck else has rusted, AND THEN have to do an engine swap to get any decent power at all, and then to get one at an even close to decent price, itll have 300,000km on it. Its about being cost effective. You can get a fully loaded top model for like 7k. by the time you are even done making one decent here, you are spending like 15k+

2Valve0
04-20-2010, 08:23 PM

I have never in my life had someone rev their engine at me in a serious manner... Why do the "haters" ALWAYS" see this shit?

How am I a hater? I never once said I did not like the car. I think you have a reading problem?
Overplayed as in every douchebag owns one now. Nothing to doing with hating on anyone I like the cars, I dislike the idiot drivers. I don't think you know what overplayed means. :)

gretz
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

How am I a hater?
every douchebag owns one now.

Okay...

scat19
04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
was there some special no rust fender that jdm cars got?

:rofl:

always the biggest argument I hear. I hope they're banned, RHD cars are not designed to be on our road system. Would you put desiel in your petrol car? No.

ReflexFX
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by scat19
was there some special no rust fender that jdm cars got?

:rofl:

always the biggest argument I hear. I hope they're banned, RHD cars are not designed to be on our road system. Would you put desiel in your petrol car? No.

Totally not a valid argument. That's like saying left handed people shouldn't drive a standard car because their dominant hand is opposite of normal people. They got comfortable with their situation so why should it matter? Same with RHD cars. I personally would never buy one because I wouldn't feel comfortable driving one, but if somebody else does, good for them. Who cares what somebody else is driving?

Clever
04-20-2010, 10:41 PM
BMW M5. Need I say more?

Originally posted by TorqueDog
... you lost me. What?

Yeah me too, what about the M5's? Did you mean they are a sport-ier sedan that can be imported, why yes, I'd take 2 please....

riander5
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Clever

Yeah me too, what about the M5's? Did you mean they are a sport-ier sedan that can be imported, why yes, I'd take 2 please....

Yeah forget this stupid threads, RHD sucks and so do arguments about it! Let's look at some real cars!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/brysone/IMG_2685.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/marxalbums/suspensionday3.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/jonmcc/100_3206a.jpg

eglove
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
wow. just wow. at the last couple of replies.

Bizzareo
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Rust free body
abs braking
larger sway bars
LSD transmission
Gathers audio system
rear storage bay system
front fog lights
sweet ass JDM flare ;)
Arm rests

And in the end your still driving a FWD car. >.> Have fun spending two eight hour days removing your transmission.

ABS, Sway bars, B16a, the audio system, gauges can all be done after market anyways or OEM. Arm rest sound nice though.

It would be different for a Silvia or s15, but then I would import from the Philippines and get LHD. Imo if your really serious about the car, a new engine is one the first things that should be done.

g-m
04-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by riander5

Yeah forget this stupid threads, RHD sucks and so do arguments about it! Let's look at some real cars!

bland

moka989
04-21-2010, 02:01 AM
imo the 4doors are damn sexy.

I like my coupe but I would easily switch for a 4 door.

badatusrnames
04-21-2010, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by scat19
Would you put desiel in your petrol car? No.

:confused:

TorqueDog
04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by g-m
bland They were never supposed to be obnoxious and in-your-face like other sports cars.

BMW obviously forgot that when designing the E60.

sr20s14zenki
04-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

:confused:

weve already established that scat isnt very bright....moving on now.

:D

Aleks
04-21-2010, 06:56 AM
80-90% of JDM imports I see on the roads have just as much rust and shitty body work as old NA cars. The minority that are mint, I could see how they would be attractive to young guys looking for a budget ride and the young girls must dig the steering wheel on the wrong side thing too!

Arm rests in a civic that's badass too.

heavyD
04-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
80-90% of JDM imports I see on the roads have just as much rust and shitty body work as old NA cars. The minority that are mint, I could see how they would be attractive to young guys looking for a budget ride and the young girls must dig the steering wheel on the wrong side thing too!

Arm rests in a civic that's badass too.

I always hear about these mint jdm cars from posters yet the ones I see on the road and for sale are usually junk. I'm sure there are a handful of decent JDM cars that get imported but they are certainly not the norm.

Neil4Speed
04-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Four doors are more convenient, I hate putting people in the back of my car.

yeahyeah
04-21-2010, 07:41 AM
all tha hataz hatin' on teh JDM'z cuz they dun know how to DRIFT!!1 HAHAHaahaahahaha

TorqueDog
04-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by yeahyeah
all tha hataz hatin' on teh JDM'z cuz they dun know how to DRIFT!!1 HAHAHaahaahahaha Do you seatbelt when you drift?

gretz
04-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Bizzareo

And in the end your still driving a FWD car. >.> Have fun spending two eight hour days removing your transmission.

ABS, Sway bars, B16a, the audio system, gauges can all be done after market anyways or OEM. Arm rest sound nice though.

It would be different for a Silvia or s15, but then I would import from the Philippines and get LHD. Imo if your really serious about the car, a new engine is one the first things that should be done.

2 8hr days on a tranny? lol - some bright eggs on here lately

Whats wrong with FWD? Those civics are a blast to drive... not to mention funny when they walk all over 90% of the BMWs in calgary in almost every way :poosie:

As for seeing as many rusty JDMs as USDM cars - where the hell do you find these rusty imported cars?

GTS4tw
04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I always hear about these mint jdm cars from posters yet the ones I see on the road and for sale are usually junk. I'm sure there are a handful of decent JDM cars that get imported but they are certainly not the norm.

Hmmm, when I bought mine there were probably 9 decent condition cars for every 1 rust bucket. Mine was almost perfect with no rust, save for one pinprick, it also had 2 door dings, I also own LHD toyotas, mazdas, fords, dodges, and chevys, all of which have as much or more rust. I would say, having looked at a few thousand RHD imports for sale online and in person, as well as having attended meets and car shows for the last 5 years, that the average condition of 15 year old JDM cars is similar to that of 15 year old NA cars. I see a lot of pick-ups that look like they are bout to fall apart, a lot of old cavaliers, mustangs, corollas, etc that have more rust than solid metal. I do see some JDM cars that have rust, but I have to say that I have never seen one with as much rust as the average 15-20 year old toyota pick up or chevy car.

When I imported my car it was inspected professionally, then inspected by me, then torn down, all removable body panals removed and inspected for rust, all suspension and steering parts inspected and replaced if they showed any wear (which means 90% are new now). Then I prepped, primed and painted the whole car. I know a ton of other people who put a lot of time into getting the car ready for the roads, the province will fail you on your inspection unless everything is mint, if a bushing is worn you have to replace it before they will give you a new VIN.

I really have a hard time understanding the hate towards JDM, its even more confusing when we are on a car enthusiasts website. Is there this much hate for the RHD land-cruisers from england that were all over the roads in the 90's?

GTS4tw
04-21-2010, 08:55 AM

Whats wrong with FWD? Those civics are a blast to drive... not to mention funny when they walk all over 90% of the BMWs in calgary in almost every way :poosie:

As for seeing as many rusty JDMs as USDM cars - where the hell do you find these rusty imported cars?

I laughed pretty good at the "2 8hr days on a tranny", somebody got ripped off.....

riander5
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Are we talking about the same civic here? The old bubbly b16 ones? Exactly what bmw's do they walk all over in almost ever way???

(I am by no means a bmw fanboy, but come on)

Sentry
04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Old bubbly Civic that walks all over BMWs... Hmm. :angel:

Sil80_D
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM
i dont mind the 4 doors at all... i was looking at the 4 door gtst before i bought my car.... and i really want a 4 door JZX100 (toyota chaser) in a few years when it's legal... throw a 2J in there :poosie:

gretz
04-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Are we talking about the same civic here? The old bubbly b16 ones? Exactly what bmw's do they walk all over in almost ever way???

(I am by no means a bmw fanboy, but come on)

Ol' bubbley, EF hatches, etc etc... Have you ever driven a RHD civic?

Even without driving them, look at the power to weight ratio...

EG hatch - 180hp @ 2200lbs approx... = .082%
new 330xi BMW - 255hp @ 3627lbs curb weight = .070%

not to mention how much better lighter cars accelerate, handle and brake... I know the truth hurts sometimes :rofl:

Aleks
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM

not to mention how much better lighter cars accelerate, handle and brake... I know the truth hurts sometimes :rofl:

2008 GTI - 200 hp @ 3300 lbs = 0.061%. Yet the GTI is much faster (personal experience) Your math is too simplistic that way.

riander5
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Truth hurts what? I don't own one. But if you think a 15 year old FWD car is gonna outperform a new bmw around a course or even in a 1/4 mile, you are on something else. But we could pick on the less performance oriented bmw's all day if you want, if it makes you feel better :poosie:

How about how much better AWD cars accelerate, as in an xi > fwd civic. Its strange you claim they are so fast but i've never seen one of these god like civics run better than a 15 in calgary without some serious investments (such as d16turbo fella).

But it's ok, keep thinking your RHD 15 year old civic is the king of the road, the truth will hurt for you when you wake up :rofl:

riander5
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

2008 GTI - 200 hp @ 3300 lbs = 0.061%. Yet the GTI is much faster (personal experience) Your math is too simplistic that way.

He forgot things like gearing, powerbands, awd, not having 175 width tires, etc. But the civic has a petter P/w ratio!!

yeahyeah
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
only one way to settle this. let's all meet in the desert at race wars and see who is victorious!

HONDA > BMW

YA HURRD

gretz
04-21-2010, 10:33 AM

Truth hurts what? I don't own one. But if you think a 15 year old FWD car is gonna outperform a new bmw around a course or even in a 1/4 mile, you are on something else. But we could pick on the less performance oriented bmw's all day if you want, if it makes you feel better :poosie:

How about how much better AWD cars accelerate, as in an xi > fwd civic. Its strange you claim they are so fast but i've never seen one of these god like civics run better than a 15 in calgary without some serious investments (such as d16turbo fella).

But it's ok, keep thinking your RHD 15 year old civic is the king of the road, the truth will hurt for you when you wake up :rofl:

lol - i dont drive a honda or a FWD car lol... I have personally seen civics outperform newer BMWs both down and around the track:dunno:

Pick on the less power oriented BMW? I picked a near top of the line 3 series (minus M and 335) as a comparison...

Funny you mention not seeing a civic faster than 15s, when i've seen plenty BMWs find their way into the mid 16s... not to mention the disappointing M3 1/4 mile times (except rage2's)

Sorry you don't like the power to weight ratio example, obviously other things come into play. People are so against a "POS" car having the ability to keep / perform along the lines of newer cars...

Sentry
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
The turbo kit I bought costs as much as a run of the mill B16 swap...

Wait, no that's not right, I've got over 100 grand in my engine. SEE YOU AT RACE WARS

http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/ff_quote_22/593711-1-eng-US/ff_quote_22.jpg

Aleks
04-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Sentry

Wait, no that's not right, I've got over 100 grand in my engine. SEE YOU AT RACE WARS

http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/ff_quote_22/593711-1-eng-US/ff_quote_22.jpg

But!

Do you have an armrest?

Sentry
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
No :(

No armrest, no red recaros, no audio console, no HIDs. :(

riander5
04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Sentry

I'm down, but i won't race till you have an armrest.

Sentry
04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
DAMN IT

g-m
04-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Hmmm, when I bought mine there were probably 9 decent condition cars for every 1 rust bucket. Mine was almost perfect with no rust, save for one pinprick, it also had 2 door dings, I also own LHD toyotas, mazdas, fords, dodges, and chevys, all of which have as much or more rust. I would say, having looked at a few thousand RHD imports for sale online and in person, as well as having attended meets and car shows for the last 5 years, that the average condition of 15 year old JDM cars is similar to that of 15 year old NA cars. I see a lot of pick-ups that look like they are bout to fall apart, a lot of old cavaliers, mustangs, corollas, etc that have more rust than solid metal. I do see some JDM cars that have rust, but I have to say that I have never seen one with as much rust as the average 15-20 year old toyota pick up or chevy car.

When I imported my car it was inspected professionally, then inspected by me, then torn down, all removable body panals removed and inspected for rust, all suspension and steering parts inspected and replaced if they showed any wear (which means 90% are new now). Then I prepped, primed and painted the whole car. I know a ton of other people who put a lot of time into getting the car ready for the roads, the province will fail you on your inspection unless everything is mint, if a bushing is worn you have to replace it before they will give you a new VIN.

I really have a hard time understanding the hate towards JDM, its even more confusing when we are on a car enthusiasts website. Is there this much hate for the RHD land-cruisers from england that were all over the roads in the 90's?
JDM engines are known to have rust problems because the japanese commonly use tap water in their coolant systems. Its very widespread through imported VG30 blocks both as a whole in an imported car and as just purchasing the engine.

So far on 300zxclub.com I have yet to see a block that originated in Japan that didn't have some rusting issues in the coolant system. If all japanese 300zx owners use tap water I'd imagine the owners of other japanese cars also use tap water. Luckly I have a canadian spec and a USDM 300zx and both engines are rust free.

GTS4tw
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by g-m

JDM engines are known to have rust problems because the japanese commonly use tap water in their coolant systems. Its very widespread through imported VG30 blocks both as a whole in an imported car and as just purchasing the engine.

So far on 300zxclub.com I have yet to see a block that originated in Japan that didn't have some rusting issues in the coolant system. If all japanese 300zx owners use tap water I'd imagine the owners of other japanese cars also use tap water. Luckly I have a canadian spec and a USDM 300zx and both engines are rust free.

My RB20 has some rust as you describe and it led to premature failure of my waterpump, however a friend imported a VG30 from japan and it was MINT, and I bought a RB26 and it has no rust, I guess it depends on who is doing the maint. as it is here.

luxor
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM

So you are saying just by power to weight ratio you can conclude that a Civic is faster? So I guess I should be looking for the best power to weight ratio when shopping for a fast car? Pretty solid formula you have there brah. Too bad it's not that simple you naive JDM-FWD fanboy.

I'm not even going to comment on "walk all over 90% of bmws"

ShermanEF9
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by g-m
its still just a civic. Even if it does have arm rests.

and your car is JUST a 300zx.

Bizzareo
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM

Just based off an experience I had at pick n pull. Went twice in a row getting parts off a bunch of cars, and both days the same guy was their pulling the transmission out of a civic. probably spent 10 hours taking the thing out... I don' doubt it would be faster in a garage, but the only thing to make a job like that fast is a hoist.

Also I do like the four door, so much more practical.

Sentry
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
You don't need a hoist, but having air really speeds things up. Doing everything with hand tools is shitty.

If you bust ass and know what you're doing you can have an engine + trans from a Civic on the ground in an hour.

cjay^
04-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9

and your car is JUST a 300zx.

well at least a 300zx is rwd

Vanner
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Well.. if a lot of you guys like the 4-door imports, then you can have them to your heart's joy! I wouldn't want them myself :D

sr20s14zenki
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM

Just based off an experience I had at pick n pull. Went twice in a row getting parts off a bunch of cars, and both days the same guy was their pulling the transmission out of a civic. probably spent 10 hours taking the thing out... I don' doubt it would be faster in a garage, but the only thing to make a job like that fast is a hoist.

Also I do like the four door, so much more practical.

buddy obviously sucked.

i could have a tranny out of a civic in a few hours, hell, i bet i could have engine on the ground in a few hours. When i do sr20 swaps, i have the stock ka24 on the ground in 1 1/2 hours (with help of course). By myself, around 2 hours.

Like i said, its more cost effective to get a rhd civic with all of those options, and a decent engine in it, over buying everything here. You can look at paying twice as much to build it here, as opposed to buying it in japan. As for junkers coming over, i have yet to see one, i think the WORST thing ive seen, is a wicked dent hiding under a sideskirt. I have worked on MANY rhd cars, and i rarely see any in bad condition. I mean, seriously, look at what we are comparing them to. Half of our 240sx's for example, have rusty frame rails, rusty strut towers, and bad rockers. Most of the japanese counterparts that come over, do not, but mind you that is me speaking for MY experiences. If i was told i could drive a RHD and pay half as much for what i wanted in a car (engine, suspension, options, wheels, exhaust, etc) i would do it in a heart beat, because for me its about saving money. Fortunately, me knowing how to work on my own cars and find deals, i can build a decent car for alot less than even importing one. I am speaking for those guys who want a car, but dont have the skills or want to work on their own car. In the end, it comes down to choice guys, everybody should be free to choose. Rhd and Lhd work in harmony in other places in the world, so there is no reason it cant work here. Ive said it before, and i will say it again, its our retarded drivers here that cant seem to get the intelligence to drive them. Look at true enthusiats, they have NO problem navigating in rhds. Its the fact that either a snot nosed kid gets one for his first car and crashes it showing off to his friends, or some impatient asshole that cant figure it out, that he has to be patient on left hand turns if he wants to own a RHD.

slinkie
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM

dont troll my thread

sr20s14zenki
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

dont troll my thread

HAH are you serious

you are beyonds next biggest troll my friend, see you on the ban list eventually.....its inevitable.

ShermanEF9
04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by cjay^

well at least a 300zx is rwd

and at least my car doesn't have the same maintenance intervals as a fucking sea king helicopter.

msommers
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
... you lost me. What?

Originally posted by T-Dubbs

Originally posted by Clever

----

Originally posted by Rat Fink
nothing wrong with 4 doors. Who says everything sporty has to have 2 doors?

BMW M5. Need I say more?

jdm_eg6
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM

haha what are you talking about, what sort of armless mechanic was doin your work (/ what kind of armless mechanic are you?)

I had 0 mechanical experience under a hood and did a B18B to B18C swap in a DC2 within 9 hours..

just so you know that includes removing the tranny, taking off flywheel and clutch and re-installing them again.. :facepalm:

gretz
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM

So you are saying just by power to weight ratio you can conclude that a Civic is faster? So I guess I should be looking for the best power to weight ratio when shopping for a fast car? Pretty solid formula you have there brah. Too bad it's not that simple you naive JDM-FWD fanboy.

I'm not even going to comment on "walk all over 90% of bmws"

no - you chose to ignore that light cars (like the sir civic) accel., handle, and brake extremely well... coupled with the good power to weight ratio - its a good combo :dunno:

I stated they were faster, not just on "the power to wt. ratio only brah..."... I have seen it with my own eyes many times.

Once again with the FWD fanboy lol... I'm just stating what I know.

Sorry about hitting the soft spot with the bmws. If you take into account all the older bmws, suvs, crossovers, anything pretty much short of an m3, 335, m5 135 etc... an sir RHD civic could likely take them around the track. Since over 10% of the bmw community in calgary drive m3s and m5s etc, i suppose my math could be off.

slinkie
04-21-2010, 09:09 PM
^

i just looked outside and i see alot of roads
but i dont see any tracks bro

QuasarCav
04-21-2010, 09:10 PM
I drive a SiR and besides lower class FWDs it pretty much sucks as a performance car.

And yes, I have an armrest so it's going to be a bit quicker than your average civic.

Bnasty
04-21-2010, 09:17 PM
They really should add a "You legally can only drive a vehicle with this much power" to ever bodies licence. Gotta earn that HP fckers.

gretz
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by slinkie
^

i just looked outside and i see alot of roads
but i dont see any tracks bro

No street racing involved with my racing experiences...

Mr ET was lapping faster than lots of "high end" cars last year with a heavier, 100hp (maybe less) civic with worse brakes than an Sir...

BrianLaarvs
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
A stock JDM Civic vs. a stock BMW? The civic wins? Where's the god damn emoticon that's laughing.

The Civic can hand most cars a whippin!! Let it be known!

slinkie
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM

No street racing involved with my racing experiences...

Mr ET was lapping faster than lots of "high end" cars last year with a heavier, 100hp (maybe less) civic with worse brakes than an Sir...

must be a great driver then LOLLLLLL

gretz
04-21-2010, 10:02 PM
just prove me wrong ...

slinkie
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
huh?

gretz
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
just prove me wrong ...

... that a stock JDM sir would take a stock bmw (minus the m3, m5, 335, 135, Zs) around a track / in a straight line.

crapstixs
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gretz
[B]

no - you chose to ignore that light cars (like the sir civic) accel., handle, and brake extremely well... coupled with the good power to weight ratio - its a good combo :dunno:

some bmw's brakes are bigger the a civics 13' wheels yet a civic will brake better? a 195 tire will definatly handel better than a 275. right.

this arugment is totaly point less. you cannot compair a econo box to a bmw.

BrianLaarvs
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM

... that a stock JDM sir would take a stock bmw (minus the m3, m5, 335, 135, Zs) around a track / in a straight line.

A 2004 330i vs jdm civic sir around the nurburgring. I'll meet you there.

I bet the civic has the same driving characteristics as my focus.

sr20s14zenki
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by crapstixs
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gretz
[B]

some bmw's brakes are bigger the a civics 13' wheels yet a civic will brake better? a 195 tire will definatly handel better than a 275. right.

this arugment is totaly point less. you cannot compair a econo box to a bmw.

On the braking thing, dont forget that braking efficiency is relative to the vehichle weight that the brakes are slowing down. A set of small brakes may slow down a 2200lb civic as fast as a set of 13" brakes will slow down a 3500lb BMW (dont quote me on teh weight, im throwing out a number i know is close). I dont think its entirely impossible for a civic to outdo a bmw FOR LESS MONEY. Say you throw decent tires, and a decent suspension system on a civic, well, it just may outperform a bmw, and the civic is worth what, a quarter of the bmw? Anyhoo, i think thats what gretz is trying to get at. This thread however has gone way off track, as it WAS a discussion about why people import particular vehicles. The sum up of the whole thing is, personal choice, and personal preference. Thats all the reason one really needs. Anybody who complains about what somebody else likes, is either jealous, or ignorant. Let people do what they do, if it doesnt hurt you, what is the problem?

Skyline_Addict
04-21-2010, 10:57 PM
how did a thread about 4 door nissans become about bmw vs civic? lol

riander5
04-21-2010, 10:58 PM
bmw > civic

crapstixs
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
from a stock form a civic would never even touch a bmw. when buying a bmw you are paying for the name but thats not all. thers a reason a bmw is double the price of a civic.

if you want to go into modifing, shit with enough money you could get a moped to out peform a bmw.

Nissan_Fanboy
04-21-2010, 11:08 PM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/marxalbums/suspensionday3.jpg

too bad some of us have to work for our cars and don't have mommy and daddy buying us them.
whether there JDM, UDSM CDM or not,
Case and point, most kids who drive RHD cars are spoiled rotten douchebags who mommy and daddy give them whatever they want.
Agree? thats why there are so many of them because calgary is FULL of douche bags
but their gunna be a douche bag if they drive a civic, cavilear or a JDM .
either way its all shit, JDMs do have there positive aspects, but still .
Made for japan

crapstixs
04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

too bad some of us have to work for our cars and don't have mommy and daddy buying us them.
Case and point, most kids who drive RHD cars are spoiled rotten douchebags who mommy and daddy give them whatever they want.
Agree? thats why there are so many of them because calgary is FULL of douche bags
Made for japan

x2

cjay^
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

Made for japan

Any parent who has money to buy their kid a car must have a decent job, and would therefore not be retarded enough to buy their kid a JDM car. I don't know a SINGLE person who has a JDM that didn't pay for it entirely themself.