PDA

View Full Version : SAIT - Petroleum Engineering technologist or Energy Asset mgmt

zeus247
04-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi there,

Anyone has taken Petroleum Eng Tech program or Energy Asset Mgmt program at SAIT?

Care to share yr views on either of these 2 programs? Is the PET program tough/ hectic?

Anyone out there whom has graduated from either of these 2 programs? care to share yr thoughts?

FraserB
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
EAM is in its very first year, no one has graduated from it yet.

As for the program itself, its good to have a basic understanding of the O&G industry going in, there are some very good instructors and some that were absolute crap (they have since been booted). Next September (2011) would be the best time to see how it did since the first class graduates in May 2011 and the economy might be a bit more stable by then. That being said, it is a program designed by the O&G companies for what they want so it stands to reason that they will want to hire the grads to get thier investment back.

zeus247
04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Actually, my situation is that i already have a MBA and a MS in Finance but not from Canada and have been out of the canadian job market for some time and was wondering which program to enter, either in the Petroleum Engineering Tech or the Energy Asset management, so that i could pursue a career back in Canada and also enter the oil and energy sector.

In such a case, what would anyone who have taken or undertaking the 2 programs recommend or suggest, Would really appreciate your views and thoughts.

Thanks