PDA

View Full Version : Painting stock steelies

derran.m
04-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Just inquiring what the easiest way would be to repaint the steelies on my car ... haven't splurged for summer rims yet and just got new tires mounted ...
Anyways, rims have some surface rust and scratches etc, as well as some marks that have been on them as long as i've had the car ... guessing some hack tire shop decided to mark the rim instead of the rubber...
Anyways, just want to make them look a bit better ... shiny red car and rusty scratched steelies are just a bit off ... to at least give em a bit of shine would be nice....

If I just pull em off, sand em, tape off the rubber and spray bomb em will that be ok? Or is there a different approach to consider?

Want to keep it simple ... just cheapo steelies and I just paid money to have new rubber mounted so I don't want to have to pull the rubber off to paint, then put the rubber back on ... not worth it for the time and money ...

VeilOctane
04-20-2010, 11:11 AM
duplicolor wheel coating.

go to the duplicolor website they have a how to center with videos.

enjoy ;)

here is the link to the training videos.

http://www.duplicolor.com/training/wheelcoating_training.html

gretz
04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Do the lips "chrome" and the centers gold, red, blue...

They look good spinning lol... did it on my 84 crx and someone on beyond wanted me to part my wheels lol

derran.m
04-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by VeilOctane
duplicolor wheel coating.

go to the duplicolor website they have a how to center with videos.

enjoy ;)

here is the link to the training videos.

http://www.duplicolor.com/training/wheelcoating_training.html

Excellent, tks - will check it out later tonight!

Originally posted by gretz
Do the lips "chrome" and the centers gold, red, blue...

They look good spinning lol... did it on my 84 crx and someone on beyond wanted me to part my wheels lol

LMAO I love it :clap:
Thinking about doing that on my pickup - 89 Dodge ram 3/4 ton ... body color Yellow and Green ... steelies i was thinking fire engine red but that's a better idea :P