PDA

View Full Version : importing liqour questions.

spikerS
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
My favorite rum is Flor De Cana, and for the 18 year old bottle, it is $240+ here.

Now I have a friend currently in Nicaragua, and can pick me up a bottle right from the source for about $40 US.

Now my question is, how hard would it be to get him to bring back a couple bottles, and how much would I expect to pay for import duties and taxes and such?

takkyu
04-28-2010, 04:00 PM
If he's not bringing anything else back, you're allowed up to 1.4 or 1.5 liters. Two 710ml bottles will clear customs no problem and there won't be any fee's ontop, i've done this bringing rum/tequila back from cabo san lucas, mexico.

Alterac
04-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Id love to get my hands on a bunch of Bulmers Irish Cider.. (or Magners as its the same), but Im comming up dry for anyone in calgary who has it.

only place ive seen with it, is ontario :banghead:

thepyrofish
04-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Alterac
Id love to get my hands on a bunch of Bulmers Irish Cider.. (or Magners as its the same), but Im comming up dry for anyone in calgary who has it.

I'm pretty sure I bought some at Andrew Hilton in Lethbridge... If I think of it I'll check the next time I'm in there.

If you can't find it in Calgary, maybe you can find Samual Smith's cider? I like that one a lot...

takkyu
04-29-2010, 09:32 AM

Talk to the guys at Willow Park wines and spirits in Willow Park near South center. If it's importable to Canada, they can get it.

mekeni
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by takkyu

Talk to the guys at Willow Park wines and spirits in Willow Park near South center. If it's importable to Canada, they can get it.

+1

Alterac
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
I will definatly talk to the willow park guys.

Im basically sampling all the ciders until I find one I like. hah.

I find strongbow is too dry.

takkyu
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Sir Perry Pear Cider is a nice alternative if you haven't tried it yet.

Alterac
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Yea, i think this weekend im going to pick up a mix mash of everything i can find.. I dont mind hte pear ciders, i just prefer the apple.. (currently, this may change).

I tried the Gaymers cider in london... it was horrible.. but i will try it again here, as they will be using different ingredients / water / etc.

jkupper
05-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I work at the sobeys liquor store in bridlewood and we sell the magners cider.

JfuckinC
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
ya sobeys in chesty has magners. i don't like it but my buddys do.

Nissanaddict
05-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Olympia in Midnapore has Bulmers...and it is not the same as Magners for the record, they taste quite different to me.

jkupper
05-09-2010, 11:49 PM
yea we sell both Bulmers and Magners. Magners is the best cider imo.

Zero102
05-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by spikers
My favorite rum is Flor De Cana, and for the 18 year old bottle, it is $240+ here.

Now I have a friend currently in Nicaragua, and can pick me up a bottle right from the source for about $40 US.

Now my question is, how hard would it be to get him to bring back a couple bottles, and how much would I expect to pay for import duties and taxes and such?

When I was coming back from the US, they said they would tax me 50% on anything I brought back over the personal limit. I would expect to pay something similar to this. If it is $40US there then you might as well chance it with a couple bottles

cr-xbrian
05-11-2010, 12:15 PM
has anyone seen in calgary, appleton's coconut cream rum?

Poo
05-12-2010, 06:17 AM

If you ever get a chance...try Kronenburg cider. I promise you will not be disappointed. It's like a staple for me while I'm studying here in the UK haha.