PDA

View Full Version : Need a restaurant suggestion

speedog
04-21-2010, 08:47 PM
K, so we need to book a restaurant for dinner for approximately 15 on Friday, May 7. Occasion is in-law's 50th anniversary and normally we'd do something upscale, but my father-in-law is currently undergoing chemo treatments for stage 4 cancer and is bloated as a result and can't fit into his regular ward robe as well as we just don't know on a day to day basis whether or not he'll be up to going out which necessitates some understanding with respect to short notice cancellation.

The best choice than is an American type restaurant - Moxies, Cheesecake, BP are a few we've tried. Problem is they don't accept reservations on a Friday night. Would like to do deep south and right now we're looking at the Atrium in the Delta South or possibly Ricky's although Ricky's closes at 9pm - a varied American type menu is preferable as it's probably the best thing for him right now.

So suggestions would be greatly appreciated keeping in mind that we need to reserve for 15 and have some restrictions as detailed above.

FiveFreshFish
04-21-2010, 09:02 PM
For the places that don't take reservations, send one family member to get the table ahead of time. If you have to cancel, call him so he can relinquish the table. By doing this, you're only wasting one person's time.

Mitsu3000gt
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd suggest the Cactus Club. Probably some of the best "regular" food for the price and there is certainly no dress code if you're worried about the clothes he can fit into.

20incheyes
04-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Redwater grill on McLeod has a very nice private room in the back. I always host my Christmas party there and we have enjoyed the last 3 years.

sdevils15
04-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Phoenix Grill has great food good prices and you can make reservations there as well. No dress code either.

dannie
04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
I would second Redwater Grill on McLeod. Decent food and they do reservations.

The other option that comes to mind is to call in to the Ranche and explain the situation. They have always been great with special requests.

speedog
04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Wife was busy today and the Atirum at Delta South got the nod. Ricky's decided today that they don't do reservations now.

BTW, thanx for the suggestions - will keep them in mind if circumstances change.

KRyn
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Buon Giorno! Yummy!

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=buon+giorno+calgary&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=buon+giorno&hnear=calgary&cid=7068131772824014710

speedog
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanx KRyn, but we were looking at American style and deep south part of the city.