PDA

View Full Version : ZX-10R pricing?

bjstare
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

Got rid of my R1 the other day, looking to upgrade and I came across a mint 2004 ZX-10R. Its black, basically showroom condition. Comes with a carbon Akrapovic slip on and he's throwing in a teknic leather jacket, brand new womens A-stars jacket, and 2 older HJC helmets (I dont need the gear, but he won't separate). Its only got 7205 km on it. He's asking $6000 and I don't really wanna pay that, but when I looked at it last night he seemed pretty firm on the price. So here's the question... should I pay him what he's asking? I could probly liquidate the gear he's throwing in for around $200, so that effectively lowers the price of the bike by that much. I'm having a really tough time deciding. Its SO clean, but at the end of the day its a 6 year old bike, and that will likely affect my resale if I wanna dump it in a year or two. Appreciate your advice...

japan_us
04-22-2010, 12:16 PM
It's not the best deal I've seen, but far from the worst. If you really like the bike, and it's in that good of a condition, then it's not a bad pick-up.

But if you're just going to sell it in a year or so, know that Kawi resale typically sucks.

bjstare
04-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Well I do really like the bike, and it looks like it just came from the showroom (except the goof cut off the bottom half of the rear plate mount/fender instead of buying an eliminator kit). I wonder why the resale on Kawi's is so bad? I had an '04 636 with a salvage title that I got from the states, and I did ok with it when I sold it...

japan_us
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Honestly, the whole issue about resale is just what I've heard from other Kawi owners, but from what I've seen it's not that bad. Not Honda good, but not bad.

Maybe it's because you can always find really good deals on them brand new. :dunno:

But if you like the bike, that's all that matters, right? :thumbsup:

bjstare
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, just went to talk to a couple buddies that work at one of the local shops and they said that the 04/05 10R has a bad water pump and fuel pump, and cost about $1000 when they go. Sonofabitch. Guess I'll use that as a negotiating tool, and see what happens hahaha.

Edit: Where's Kevie88 at? I'd like to hear his input on this bike.

8Ball
05-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
Well, just went to talk to a couple buddies that work at one of the local shops and they said that the 04/05 10R has a bad water pump and fuel pump, and cost about $1000 when they go. Sonofabitch. Guess I'll use that as a negotiating tool, and see what happens hahaha.

Edit: Where's Kevie88 at? I'd like to hear his input on this bike.

search the motorcycle reviews that year.

known to be one of the funnest bikes (engine) ever produced.

Graham_A_M
05-15-2010, 07:30 PM
$6K for an 04, and a problematic one none the less, keep looking if hes not willing to budge.

bjstare
05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys, but I already bought an '07 a little while ago
:rofl:

Glad I held out too, because I only paid a bit more for this one, got a great deal.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/301521/new-toy/