PDA

View Full Version : Cuba entry requirements

jus_sum_guy
04-22-2010, 01:06 PM
For those of you who don't know, all persons entering Cuba from May 1 onward will need to provide proof of medical insurance.

If you arrive without insurance, you will be forced to buy their insurance coverage before being allowed to enter the country!

If you have already booked a trip to Cuba that leaves after May 1, you better buy medical insurance if you have not already done so!

It will be significantly cheaper here than buying upon arrival.

Just a heads up!

Dirtycoupe91
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't fotget to put aside $25 peso before leaving...you pay them to leave the country!

Kobe
04-22-2010, 01:22 PM
$25USD a person not peso's...

iCreep
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
You have to pay to leave Indonesia... it was something like $125,000 rupiahs or something.

Haha we didn't know though, we were scrounging up every last rupiah we had, frick that would be a pain in the ass if we had to exchange a better currency for some more rupiah. lol

spike98
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Google must be getting hard to use these days....

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=69000

FiveFreshFish
04-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

It was 25 Cuban pesos a few years ago. $25 USD now?

jus_sum_guy
04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
25 Cuban convertible pesos for departure tax NOT 25 USD

t_soarer
04-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by jus_sum_guy
25 Cuban convertible pesos for departure tax NOT 25 USD

+1, It's definitely in pesos....worth more than the USD that they hate anyway.

JustinGTP
04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Pay to leave? How insulting lol.

ReasonOne
04-27-2010, 09:58 PM
My last trip to Cuba was in January.

It's still 25 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) for entry and another 25 CUC to leave. They compare pretty closely to Canadian dollars (give or take 10% or so).

I highly advise anyone going NOT to bring US dollars. Not only will most places of business charge you an 11% penalty for exchange minimum - many Cubans HATE americans and you'll draw negative attention towards yourself. The LAST thing you need is to be reported to the military, local police or a government official. Any member of one of these groups are more than capable of making your stay EXTREMELY unpleasant. And that is putting it nicely.

Hakkola
04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
LOL at Cubans wanting USD.

Masked Bandit
04-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Before we went I had actually heard that the Cubans liked getting USD for tips and such so they could send it straight to relatives living in the US. However I didn't find that to be the case once we got there. CUC's all the way.

skylinegtr20
05-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

Convertible Peso's... so yes still peso's not USD.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Before we went I had actually heard that the Cubans liked getting USD for tips and such so they could send it straight to relatives living in the US. However I didn't find that to be the case once we got there. CUC's all the way.

You can't get USD in Cuba so all you will see is CUC, like you said offering USD as a tip usually goes to relatives in the U.S. and back to Cuba. Many Cuban's living in Flordia etc send money monthly to relatives since wages are absolute shit (roughly 95 - 180 Cuban Pesos a month)

Originally posted by JustinGTP
Pay to leave? How insulting lol.

Many countries have this.. including Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Belize, Guatemala to name a few.