PDA

View Full Version : which would you take??

infamous
08-31-2002, 02:16 AM
out of these cars, which would you take? just a matter of personal preference. my choice is the skyline

ConVict
08-31-2002, 02:21 AM
SKYLINE ... Can you say :drool:

OMOYYC
08-31-2002, 02:21 AM
Simply due to the fact that you can't get them here!

jonny
08-31-2002, 03:36 AM
M3. Pretty much the cheapest there, almost the fastest, and it has the luxury of BMW. Plus it has enough ground clearence to drive pretty much year round. IMO the perfect mix of compromise.

Of course if i was going simply performance based i'd take the Z06 and get lingenfelter to soup it. That would still keep it under the skyline budget. Man those things are exspensive.

4wheeldrift
08-31-2002, 07:48 AM
Z06 all the way :drool:

Ben
08-31-2002, 09:58 AM
If that was a GT2 Porsche, you bet...but because it is not...skylinegtr

mwmhong
08-31-2002, 10:56 AM
I pick Viper! :clap:

legendboy
08-31-2002, 10:58 AM
R34 hands down. Its like the premier japanese sports car in the world!

[GaGe]
08-31-2002, 11:19 AM
Skyline all the way!! :thumbsup:

2000impreza
08-31-2002, 11:21 AM
skyline. hahaha.

Zephyr
08-31-2002, 11:26 AM
since theres only the choice of the evo VII, and i prefer the evo V. i would take the skyline.

TwnTrbo
08-31-2002, 11:49 AM
Skyline GT-R V-Spec 4

With the most advanced 4 wheel drive system in the world, and sequential Twin Turbo, what more could u ask for....

my dream car :love:

Too bad I dont have 100K laying around... :(

max_boost
08-31-2002, 11:50 AM
NSX!!:drool: :love: or the Porsche!:burnout: :thumbsup:

frenchdriver
08-31-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
since theres only the choice of the evo VII, and i prefer the evo V. i would take the skyline.

Did they both have the bumper with the big-ass fog lights? :love:

little dissapointed that the VII doesn't have those :dunno:

4wheeldrift
08-31-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TwnTrbo
Skyline GT-R V-Spec 4

With the most advanced 4 wheel drive system in the world, and sequential Twin Turbo, what more could u ask for....

my dream car :love:

Too bad I dont have 100K laying around... :(

I'd have to say most of the WRC cars have the skyline beat in terms of all wheel drive development. That said, the Spec 4 has the most advanced system you can buy in a street car.

4wheeldrift
08-31-2002, 11:55 AM

Why an Evo V exactly? Just curious, not trying to flame or anything.

Zephyr
08-31-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

Why an Evo V exactly? Just curious, not trying to flame or anything.

i just like the big ass fog lights....

bosa
08-31-2002, 01:15 PM
Skyline GT-R V-Spec 4 all the way!:drool::love: Those cars are beautiful:hitit:

4wheeldrift
08-31-2002, 01:18 PM

i just like the big ass fog lights....
heh :D

http://members.albertacars.net/4wheeldrift/DECRALLX6.jpg

TomTom
08-31-2002, 02:12 PM
i woudlnt take the skyline for the fact that everysingle one of you guys would too than we would all look stupid for having the same shit lol

j/k skyline

turkeysilk
08-31-2002, 03:34 PM
I picked an M3 because it is the one of the best bang for buck all around car. Seats 4, still as fast as most there, and its only $80K. If you want all around performance, I'd definetly go Viper.

turkeysilk
08-31-2002, 04:15 PM
Excuse me guys, but I was wondering why most people picked the Skyline? Because its not the fastest, or the cheapest. I'm just wondering what the appeal is there, would somebody enlighten T Silk so I can expand my knowledge?

RCBVtec
08-31-2002, 04:33 PM
Z06 all the way for the money way more of a car... in the last 3 (roughly) mags I have read that did an all out comparison between the Z06 and different high end cars, the Z06 has rated the highest in all of them. You get the exotic looks with the big HP and TQ for half the price as the rest. :drool:

BarryBeach
08-31-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by jonny
M3. Pretty much the cheapest there, almost the fastest, and it has the luxury of BMW. Plus it has enough ground clearence to drive pretty much year round. IMO the perfect mix of compromise.

Yes, but then you may have to deal with Calgary BMW :D

BarryBeach
08-31-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by turkeysilk
Excuse me guys, but I was wondering why most people picked the Skyline? Because its not the fastest, or the cheapest. I'm just wondering what the appeal is there, would somebody enlighten T Silk so I can expand my knowledge?

Simply put, People want what they can't have.

jonny
08-31-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

Yes, but then you may have to deal with Calgary BMW :D
ha ha ya i guess so. :banghead:
I would still take one though.

BarryBeach
08-31-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by jonny

ha ha ya i guess so. :banghead:
I would still take one though.

Don't Blame you in the least, nothing quite like the sultry look of an M3.

turkeysilk
08-31-2002, 04:39 PM

Simply put, People want what they can't have.

That is a true statement, but pretty much all of us here can't have any of the cars mentioned anyways, so why would they pick that one of the bunch?

BarryBeach
08-31-2002, 04:49 PM

That is a true statement, but pretty much all of us here can't have any of the cars mentioned anyways, so why would they pick that one of the bunch?

Well to RE-QUOTE myself, "people want what they can't have", And if I were offered any of those cars listed .... personally I would choose the Skyline. Due to the fact that a VERY small amount of people actually own them in Canada(mainly those guys with Skyline's in Vancouver with Washington plates.) that add's to the allure of the skyline.

Why I believe people mod there car, is due to the fact everyone want's to be unique, And when you have a car that there's maybe a hand full even in the country what's more unique then that ?

Originally posted by TwnTrbo
Skyline GT-R V-Spec 4

Also that is a VERY big selling point :D

5.9 R/T
08-31-2002, 04:50 PM
Viper. I don't think that needs an explination.

BarryBeach
08-31-2002, 04:52 PM
Specailly if they're at all modded.:D

turkeysilk
08-31-2002, 04:57 PM

Well to RE-QUOTE myself, "people want what they can't have", And if I were offered any of those cars listed .... personally I would choose the Skyline. Due to the fact that a VERY small amount of people actually own them in Canada(mainly those guys with Skyline's in Vancouver with Washington plates.) that add's to the allure of the skyline.

So you're saying that one of the attractions of the Skyline is that there isn't many of them so they become a true exotic. I guess that some people would rather have a rare car than a really fast car.

BarryBeach
08-31-2002, 05:04 PM

So you're saying that one of the attractions of the Skyline is that there isn't many of them so they become a true exotic. I guess that some people would rather have a rare car than a really fast car.

Well if all I really wanted was speed, I would Buy a dune buggy and slap a Porsche engine in it.:D . Also you're talking like a Skyline isn't fast ?? to make it a "Really fast car" it's only money.

Personally I go for the skyline for it's styling, rarity, and all around appeal, And the whole 4 wheel drive aspect is somthing that really turns my crank.

lammer
08-31-2002, 06:38 PM
ahaha im the only one who chose mercedes.

jonny
08-31-2002, 07:20 PM

Well if all I really wanted was speed, I would Buy a dune buggy and slap a Porsche engine in it.:D . Also you're talking like a Skyline isn't fast ?? to make it a "Really fast car" it's only money.

Personally I go for the skyline for it's styling, rarity, and all around appeal, And the whole 4 wheel drive aspect is somthing that really turns my crank.
A dune buggy with a porsche engine. That would be something to see, although i doubt it would be very fast.

I do find that the Skyline is highly overpriced though. It is a fast car, but its not fast compared to the rest of the cars in the poll, especially for its price. I also am turned off by some of the gimmicks it has, such as a 'g meter.'

However, it is a very rare car in North America, and to some people that is definately important.

turkeysilk
08-31-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Jonny on this one. I would rather pay for things such as horse power rather than a G meter. It is considered fast in the big picture, but against cars that are the same price (such as the Viper) it pales in comparision.

GT2NV
08-31-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

heh :D

http://members.albertacars.net/4wheeldrift/DECRALLX6.jpg
:thumbsup: sweeet pic , btw i chose skyline just cause there so damn rare and they dont sell em in canada:(

4wheeldrift
08-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

:thumbsup: sweeet pic

That's a photo of my car (me driving) taken by a photog for the herald last year at a CSCC rallycross. Can't wait for that to start up again :D :drool: :devil:

GT2NV
08-31-2002, 09:05 PM
looks like soooo much fun, i dont think a lowered Gt would do to good tho hehehe, im forsure coming to watch this year though:)

infamous
09-01-2002, 01:57 AM
hey i found a skyline for sale!! it is an 87, and the people selling it only want 12k for it! i would give anything for it! anyone want to lend me 12k?? :love:

infamous
09-01-2002, 01:58 AM
hey i found a skyline for sale!! it is an 87, and the people selling it only want 12k for it! i would give anything for it! anyone want to lend me 12k?? :love: