PDA

View Full Version : Ovechkin: the least classy player in the NHL.

CokerRat
04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Video: Ovechkin deliberately snows a kid in the opening of the 3rd playoff game in Montreal. What a prick.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Pv9VD_5Ew

beyond_ban
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I would feel honored to have Ovechkin spray ice chips all over me. Take it as you will hahha.

dezmarez
04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
haha couple things..

-how pumped do you think the kid was? if you have ever played hockey/been to a hockey school as a kid, when the pro instructor did stuff like this it was the coolest thing ever.. like going to fleury's hockey school as a kid, we ate that shit right up

-Ovechkin does this before every game, not his fault the kid was there, it is all part of his preperation/pre game ritual

-please refer to the "pussification of our generation thread" if you believe he is a prick

sexualbanana
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Meh. Not a HUGE deal. He probably came in a lot faster than he should, but it also looked like he had to pull a quick stop to avoid taking the flag pole in the face.

riander5
04-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Hahaha kind of a douchebag move, the kid looks a little confused once he did it.

Not the classiest thing, but no need to crucify him.

e31
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
The "ice" near the bench isn't so much ice as it is spit.

That kid just got (figuratively) spit in the face by dozens of hockey players. :rofl:

beyond_ban
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by e31
The "ice" near the bench isn't so much ice as it is spit.

That kid just got (figuratively) spit in the face by dozens of hockey players. :rofl:

It was a fresh flood, ice was as clean as can be.

Benny
04-22-2010, 04:32 PM
That is SUCH a bullshit reason for labeling him the 'least classy player in the NHL'.

I raise you, Matt Cooke

0Z1vJrIAg-0

signature7
04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Haters going find a reason to hate. I'm not a Ovie fan but I agree with most sentiments above, especially, dezmarez.

spikerS
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
this is just another notch in the stick as to why I don't like ovechkin. I am just waiting for him to get suspended again.

I wonder how many suspensions the NHL will tolerate before just banning him outright.

CokerRat
04-22-2010, 04:58 PM
You can't be serious to say he did it to avoid a collision when the damn spotlight is on the kids in a pregame ceremony. He'd have to be blind to not see it from all the way across the ice.

As far as whether kids should feel happy to be treated like shit by a star NHL player, all I'll say is if somebody did that to Ovechkin while he was down on the ice stretching, he'd jump up and drop his gloves.

But hey, if you're an NHL star, it's ok to treat people like shit. Just ask Lindross.

Marsh
04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
"Dude, i got snowed by Ovie!"
-"Sweet"

Conversation betweek kid and his friends.

THey love that shit, AO just made his day

sxtasy
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
didn't look like much snow to me :dunno: I don't see what the big deal is

95teetee
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Benny
That is SUCH a bullshit reason for labeling him the 'least classy player in the NHL'.
I agree with this statememt-a lot of Ovechkin's hotdog antics are much worse.

Originally posted by spikers
this is just another notch in the stick as to why I don't like ovechkin. I am just waiting for him to get suspended again.

I wonder how many suspensions the NHL will tolerate before just banning him outright. you're kidding, right? No matter what he does, it's two games. Repeat offender? Two more games.

B20EF
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by CokerRat
all I'll say is if somebody did that to Ovechkin while he was down on the ice stretching, he'd jump up and drop his gloves

Like this :rofl: - Go to 19 seconds

X3Sq1Kwz-zc

Lex350
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Video: Ovechkin deliberately snows a kid in the opening of the 3rd playoff game in Montreal. What a prick.

Are you kidding me? He got a little snow on the kid. It's not like he came up and cross-checked him. To get upset over this is just silly.

Z_Fan
04-22-2010, 06:33 PM
BIG FUCKING DEAL.

:poosie:

The kid doesn't even give a shit.

Fuck, I thought you meant a plain clothes kid - on the ice for some ceremony or something - getting a FACE FULL of snow. This is nothing worthy of discussion.

masoncgy
04-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I love Ovechkin... he shakes up the game and makes it entertaining and exciting...

Sounds like sour grapes to me, OP. Habs fan by chance? lol

Aleks
04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
:facepalm:

toyboy88
04-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
haha couple things..

-how pumped do you think the kid was? if you have ever played hockey/been to a hockey school as a kid, when the pro instructor did stuff like this it was the coolest thing ever.. like going to fleury's hockey school as a kid, we ate that shit right up

-Ovechkin does this before every game, not his fault the kid was there, it is all part of his preperation/pre game ritual

-please refer to the "pussification of our generation thread" if you believe he is a prick

2Valve0
04-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Your kidding me right? I've played hockey 14 years as a goalie and have been snowed way worse then that as a joke with my face to the ice. It's his pregame ritual. Ovi is an amazing hockey player and that's why the haters hate. Whatever you can say about him, you can't argue he is the best player in the league. I find him to be a classy guy most of the time :dunno:

spikerS
04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
wow, so many people willing to get on their knees and suck ovi off in this thread.

skandalouz_08
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Just another thing the media have jumped all over because they don't have any other stories to play. Nothing wrong with what Ovechkin did and the kids not hurt at all. Shouldn't be a big deal made out of this.

CMW403
04-22-2010, 07:35 PM

:cry:

habs fun eh little buddy??

face it guys, the only reason the kid actually wanted to go to the game is because he wanted to watch ovechkin. im willing to bet he was licking the ice off his face and savoring the fact that they came off of the great ones skate.:D

spikerS
04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

came off of the great ones skate.:D

Gretzky does not play hockey anymore...

Benny
04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
Ovi is an amazing hockey player and that's why the haters hate.

http://livingelpaso.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/haters.jpg

2002civic
04-23-2010, 08:35 AM
wah wah wah who the fuck cares!

Aleks
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic
wah wah wah who the fuck cares!

Crosby fanboys ;)

syeve
04-23-2010, 09:45 AM

I wonder how many suspensions the NHL will tolerate before just banning him outright.

Oh man...I can't tell if you are joking. I hope so.

Kennyredline
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
The kid should be thankful that Alex the Prick didn't put some knee-on-knee action his way!:thumbsup:

spikerS
04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by syeve

Oh man...I can't tell if you are joking. I hope so.

not really joking no.

I used to like ovechkin, until i really watched him play. He is one of the dirtiest players I have watched, and gets away with more than any one else because of his superstar status. He has been suspended how many times this season? In my opinion, he has a very immature mind set, a huge chip on his shoulder, and thinks he is the second coming of christ. Don't get me wrong, he IS a good player, but he needs to check that ego.

And for the record, I hate Crosby too, but for other reasons entirely.

flipstah
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Marsh
"Dude, i got snowed by Ovie!"
-"Sweet"

Conversation betweek kid and his friends.

THey love that shit, AO just made his day

I would have that conversation too.

Adults would say the same too.

Ovechkin is awesome.

/thread.

Quiet10
04-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Ovechkin is awesome. Period.
Although looking at Crosby this post season, he is impressing me more with how he can take over a shift when he really wants to.
Those kids loved it. :clap:
:whocares:

dezmarez
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/ovechkin-on-spraying-young-hab.html?wprss=capitalsinsider

Ajay
04-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't see the big deal in it. This is people in Montreal creating an issue for the sake of creating an issue.

It could have been prevented if they didn't even have the kid by the Caps bench but it's NOT A BIG DEAL. Ovechkin does this as part of his warm up ritual. Maybe he could have tapped the kid on the head after or something but I'm pretty sure the kid is stoked he got a snow shower from one of the best players in the game.

Hardly an issue.

sexualbanana
04-23-2010, 01:06 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalsinsider/ovechkin-on-spraying-young-hab.html?wprss=capitalsinsider

And if Wilbon is taking Ovie's side, then you know there must not be anything wrong. Wilbon has said that he's a big Ovie fan and he enjoys watching him play, but he's also one of the few DC-area journalists who have called out Ovechkin and told him to smarten up a few times.

Chris101
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM

He has been suspended how many times this season?

:rofl:
Twice you fucking drama queen.

riander5
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM

not really joking no.

I used to like ovechkin, until i really watched him play. He is one of the dirtiest players I have watched, and gets away with more than any one else because of his superstar status. He has been suspended how many times this season? In my opinion, he has a very immature mind set, a huge chip on his shoulder, and thinks he is the second coming of christ. Don't get me wrong, he IS a good player, but he needs to check that ego.

And for the record, I hate Crosby too, but for other reasons entirely.

So.... what players do you like? The one's that dont score goals and dont make exciting plays? You can sit at home and hate on the two most amazing players in the NHL you want, you are a one in a million (a bad one in a million :poosie: )

sputnik
04-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I feel sorry for the kid.

Not because he got snowed by Ovie... but the fact that everyone is assuming that he is some big pussy that cried about it afterwards.

I guess at least we now know who the real crybabies are.

riander5
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
HAHAHAHA from the washington newspaper comments

Comments :

Little Kid? I thought that was Brian Gionta...

Quizzes
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM

... He is one of the dirtiest players I have watched, and gets away with more than any one else because of his superstar status. He has been suspended how many times this season?

...If he got away with stuff, he should never have been suspended in the first place.

dharminder
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
People just need something to complain about. Nothing wrong with what he did, which kid that plays hockey would not love to tell there buddys and teammates that they got sprayed by ovie? Its must have been a thrill for the kid just to be on the ice at the bell centre but to get sprayed by ovie even better.

People that seem to have a problem with this are the ones that have never played hockey I think.

norbel
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
OVIE IS GOD! be jealous all you want. As far as cheap goes, my vote is to matt cooke. Ovie is half man half machine. has way more game than Crosby and can hit like a truck. Thus leading me to my conclusion, If your gonna get worked up over some kid gettin snow in his face, WHO CARES. Your on an ice rink with the fastest players in the world, obviously there is going to be players stopping and snow flying.

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THREAD BEFORE BEYOND GETS ANY DUMBER:whocares:

D'z Nutz
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
This is people in Montreal creating an issue for the sake of creating an issue.

Wait a minute! That doesn't sound like any Montreal I know!

But yeah, as much as I like him and enjoy watching him play, it's really getting harder and harder to defend some of his antics. However, I think this incident isn't a big deal.

mdeluxe
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Quiet10
Ovechkin is awesome. Period.
Although looking at Crosby this post season, he is impressing me more with how he can take over a shift when he really wants to.
Those kids loved it. :clap:
:whocares:

Yeh he might be awesome... but should of at least gave him a pat on the back or a stick. Just looked like a prick

jsn
04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Who the fuck cares. It's just abit of ice. It's not like he punched the kid or something.

TorqueDog
04-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by norbel
OVIE IS GOD! Wanna know how I know you're gay?

eblend
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow didn't know there are so many retards on beyond as well...

Ovechkin went to the bench, standard stop, but a flag almost impaled him in the face, so he stopped faster...boo fucking hoo.

Wow people really have no lives.

CKY
04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Stop whining, I'll take a player with the same attitude but 2/3 as skilled as him on the Calgary roster anyday. As least then we'll have someone that plays the game hard and with a passion.

2Valve0
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Wanna know how I know you're gay?

I think he should ask you that for such a stupid comment.

Hakkola
04-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by CKY
Stop whining, I'll take a player with the same attitude but 2/3 as skilled as him on the Calgary roster anyday. As least then we'll have someone that plays the game hard and with a passion.

You and Dutter are on the same wavelength, no wonder our team is boring as fuck and can't make the playoffs.

ryder_23
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
He's the Happy Gilmore of hockey. I don't care for him, but I don't care enough to care? hahaha

2Valve0
04-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

You and Dutter are on the same wavelength, no wonder our team is boring as fuck and can't make the playoffs.

So your saying someone with 2/3's of ovi's skill and the same intensity wouldn't help the flames? :rofl: What a stupid comment.
We have players with 1/8 the skill as him on our first and second line I'd love to have a decent player on calgary other then iggy kipper. Sure we have some mediocare defence but overall, its a shit show.

eb0i
04-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by riander5
HAHAHAHA from the washington newspaper comments

Comments :

Little Kid? I thought that was Brian Gionta...

Hahahahah!:rofl:

This is a non-issue. Oh no, snow sprayed. Did the kid cry? When this kid grows up he has an awesome story to tell his friends!

darkrider911
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
First, I think what Ovechkin did wasn't that big of a deal(I may be a fan boy, but I think he could've gotten suspended a couple more games for the knee-on-knee hit).

Originally posted by Hakkola

Second,

You can't even compare Dutter to him, that's a disgrace.

dezmarez
04-30-2010, 01:09 PM
how about brooks laich...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/After-Game-7-loss-Capitals-Laich-fixes-tire-fo?urn=nhl,237745

KandabashiDevil
04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Ovechkin is the king.

brownchild
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
how about brooks laich...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/After-Game-7-loss-Capitals-Laich-fixes-tire-fo?urn=nhl,237745

Nice guy.

On topic:
Ovechkins a nice guy, that kid must be lovin it.

Crosby still the best and classiest in the NHL. :thumbsup:

GO HABS GO!

911fever
04-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Ovie is a great guy, known around the league for being very intense, but very passionate about hockey... to friends and fans. I love the new NHL with players like him around, the 2000's and late 90's were so boring with the clutching and grabbing and lack of exciting hockey players.

Spoons
05-01-2010, 10:03 PM
:cry:

If I was the little kid, I would be in complete awe. Kids eat that shit up.

Go change your fucking tampons.