PDA

View Full Version : packing the lbs.

Skyline_Addict
12-08-2003, 11:00 PM
hey people, I was just wondering if there was a quick way to gain say...about 15 pounds really quickly ( a month or so ). hopefully you'd know of a method that is safe, healthy, not a pain and of course quick.
I have a really high metabolism (do you know ANY fat koreans) so it can be hard for me to get the lbs.
It doesn't have to be muscle weight, it can be fat too :D .

I'm 5"10 and 155 pounds, pretty lean. I think another 10-15 pounds would help a great deal towards soccer aspirations and endeavours :D.
thanks.

VWbloke
12-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Substitute milk for melted Vanilla ice cream. It worked for this guy:

1badPT
12-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Well aside from the obvious and dangerous answer, creatine isn't bad, but you do still have to work out hardcore to get the bulk. Dunno how much you can expect out of a month's work though.

JAYMEZ
12-08-2003, 11:04 PM
I know alot of fat koreans lol , umm , eat alot of Carb food , and work out ... muscle weighs more than fat

illeagle
12-08-2003, 11:05 PM
lots of donuts and milkshakes.... eat a plate of food every 2 hours

sxtasy
12-08-2003, 11:08 PM
it can be fat too
I don't think an extra 10-15 pounds of fat would work well with your soccer endeavours. But I would suggest a good work out plan/schedule and protein and creatine. I think it would be difficult to gain that amount in one month. Your probably looking at about 3 months. I gained about 10-13 pounds in 3 months with regular weight lifting/workout, protein and creatine, however, I lost it pretty quick after stopping. I used to play indoor soccer and I wouldn't say there is much advantage on being heavier, I guess depending on what position you play

illeagle
12-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Yah, 10 Lbs is pretty hard, especially if you have a fast motabalism. Try weight gainer powders at GNC. My dad has been using it while working out for 1 month, but he only gained 8lbs. You have to weight train a certain way too, - Lots of weight, not so much reps.

04blackMAX
12-08-2003, 11:17 PM
why u in such a hurry????...its winter, soccer season doesnt start for a while.......isnt there some sort of high protein bubble tea??

Skyline_Addict
12-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy

I don't think an extra 10-15 pounds of fat would work well with your soccer endeavours. But I would suggest a good work out plan/schedule and protein and creatine. I think it would be difficult to gain that amount in one month. Your probably looking at about 3 months. I gained about 10-13 pounds in 3 months with regular weight lifting/workout, protein and creatine, however, I lost it pretty quick after stopping. I used to play indoor soccer and I wouldn't say there is much advantage on being heavier, I guess depending on what position you play

I'm a right midfielder in outdoor and the centreman in indoor.
so alot of the traffic comes through me on both attack and defence and there are usually alot of bodies in the shamble. i'm one of the smaller guys in that position in my league (i play in men's league) and I tend to get pushed around alot. and it's not like I can use my skills to the extent I do in outdoor due to the extreme lack in space....so i think the weight will help me stand my ground better....but yeah...I'm taking some protein powder stuff right now and lifting weights about 30 mins a day...

04blackMAX
12-08-2003, 11:22 PM
30 minutes??...try an hour or an hour and a half man......5 days a week, try for a different muscle group everyday, dont over work the same muscle

sxtasy
12-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Do you have some kind of training program that you use? Certain "programs" will give you much better results in gaining weight. A little more weight will probably do you good in the corners and along the boards for indoor soccer.

sxtasy
12-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
30 minutes??...try an hour or an hour and a half man......5 days a week, try for a different muscle group everyday, dont over work the same muscle
longer workout periods don't mean better results. An hour and a half is probably too much IMO. Working different groups everyday is good though.

Skyline_Addict
12-08-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy

longer workout periods don't mean better results. An hour and a half is probably too much IMO. Working different groups everyday is good though.

do you guys have specific programs you could tell me about or suggest?

rc2002
12-08-2003, 11:37 PM
To build bulk go for 3 sets of 6-8 reps and high weight. And keep the number of exercises below 4 for each workout. i.e. on a typical day that I do tricep/chest, I'll do bench, skull crushers, dips, and peck deck. I've put on about 10lbs in the last half year but I work out almost every day...

You definitely don't want to gain the 10lbs in fat. You'll lose speed and endurance for sure.

spike98
12-08-2003, 11:37 PM
www.freetrainers.com

sxtasy
12-08-2003, 11:52 PM
well it mostly comes down to personal preference. I would suggest a schedule similiar to this:
Day 1
shoulders and stomach
Find 3 different shoulder workouts that you like and seem to work for you. Find these excersises in a book or online.
You can use freeweight exercises and/or use a machine.
Do 3 sets of each exercise, about 8-10 reps in each set. By the time you finish a set you should have a very hard time doing more than 10 reps (this will help you find around what weight you should be using)
Do 3 sets of each 3 exercises.
Now move to your stomach workout and repeat as stated above.
For Day 2 repeat Day 1 however focus on different areas of your body ex. legs and chest
Seriously man, getting a book will help you a lot, finding the right workout for each muscle category and making sure you are doing the excercise right.

Of coarse some people will disagree with my workout routine and really it comes down to personal preference. After working out for a while you will find different variations of your routine that better work for you.

edit- some cardio work incorporated into your program will benefit your indoor soccer game

JustinL
12-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Optimum protein intake for muscle gain is about 2-3g per KG of bodyweight per day. So you should be aiming for around 140g-210g of protein per day. That includes meals and any supplements.

Creatine will help you gain muscle mass, but it's only water that gets pulled into your muscles by the creatine. You will look bigger and weigh more, but be no stonger and have no more endurance. You could probably get 5lbs out of creatine if you were fully loaded up.

As people mentioned here 6-8 reps 3-4 sets and make sure you have nothing left at the end of the set. If you can do 10 reps add more weight. Remember that it also takes 48-72 hours for your muscles to recover so make sure to take rest days.

Hope this helps,

Justin

inawiJ
12-09-2003, 12:01 AM
i got the same problem too its hard to gain weight n i need it i was just wondering what protein shakes would work n which ones taste good because i got some but they taste like garbage so if anyone knows any good protein shakes and what to mix it with would be great

sxtasy
12-09-2003, 12:04 AM
^^try the higher quality GNC brand. Not too bad IMO. You can mix with milk for a better taste with the chocolate flavour. But for protein you can't be too picky with taste cause so many taste like shit:barf:

benyl
12-09-2003, 01:14 AM
:rofl: I am a fat half korean...

James
12-09-2003, 01:20 AM
just eat like a pig (lots of carbs), and dont do cardio, that SHOULD work!......if not, then i want your metabolism!!

Skyline_Addict
12-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by James
just eat like a pig (lots of carbs), and dont do cardio, that SHOULD work!......if not, then i want your metabolism!!

i don't have any eating problems (in the sense that I eat very well). I do a little cardio from soccer, but not enough to burn made pounds.
i really do eat alot or carbs too.
it's the metabolism man, it's outta this world, if I was a "normal" guy i'd weigh like 200 lbs. lol.
here you can have my metabolism
*gives you metabolism*

ade99
12-09-2003, 06:23 AM
Fastest way to gain weight, but probably not the healthiest way, is to eat right before you go to bed at night.

pinoyhero
12-09-2003, 06:38 AM
Creatine, and a weight gain powder all at once. Get in the gym too and do really low rep high weight training.

mwmhong
12-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Important exercises are:

SQUATS
Deadlift
Bench Press
Standing Military Press
Chin Ups
Dips

Forget all those isolation exercises like curls, tricep extensions, etc.

Eat a decent meal or meal replacement every 3-4 hours.
I've heard nothing good about those so-called weight gainers, a lot of it is sugar which will turn to fat. :thumbsdow

Get's lots of sleep too, 8+ hours if you can :zzz:

DeSi
12-09-2003, 09:28 AM
drink lots of water, and then lift weights

wanna-be
12-09-2003, 09:39 AM
i had the same problem as your having....so in the past two years i've packed on about 40-50 pounds.

15 pounds..or even 10 in a month is ridulous!! i can say after reading tonnes of articles is that..it is not safe

ever heard of the german volume training...look it up, its a weight training routine that will over 6-8 weeks gain upto 10 pounds. basically you do ..for example..bench press 10 reps for 10 sets then superset it with chinups 10 reps of 10 sets..works great!

protein shakes 2-3 times a day is a must! eating lots of times per day is also a must.

C4S
12-09-2003, 09:47 AM
If you are 5'10 and 155lb .. that is already the ideal weight !
why do you wanna be a "fattie" ?? :confused:

I am a little bit taller then you, and 158lbs now, and would love to take 5lbs off ! :)
Soccer players never need to be fat ..... (unless you mean football !):eek:

benyl
12-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Agreed. I am 5'10 and 185 pounds... and I have a belly. I need to lost about 15-20 lbs to be at my ideal weight.

At 200, you would be considered obese... Unless you looked like Arnold.

DUBBED
12-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Go to GNC and get the Mega Mass Protein shake and some multivitamins...

Take one shake when you wake up. One right after you workout and another before you go to bed. Take the vitamins in the morning and before you go to bed. Try to eat 6 meals or the equivilant of six meals per day.

When you're working out like everyone said use very high weights and do a max of 10 reps (its different for everyone). General rule of thumb is 4 set per exercise and 4 exercises per muscle group and only do one muscle group per day. Choose your own exercises but if you need some good ones pm and I can email you some. Do 7 minutes of cardio before you workout and stretch while youre working out and for about 10 mins after to let the bloodflow through the muscles.

A friend of mine gained 25 pounds since thanksgiving doing this. If you have a high motabolism I can garuntee you that you'll never gain 10 pounds in a month. Realistically you might gain 2 pounds of muscle and lose 1 pound of fat.

haha can you tell I've research this shit?

lint
12-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JustinL
Creatine will help you gain muscle mass, but it's only water that gets pulled into your muscles by the creatine. You will look bigger and weigh more, but be no stonger and have no more endurance. You could probably get 5lbs out of creatine if you were fully loaded up.

Justin

Actually, you will be stronger and you will have more endurance. The way creatine works is that it is an additional energy source for your muscles like ATP. In essence, what creatine does is allow you to squeeze out more reps after your natural energy stores are depleted. For example, if you could press a weight 10 times, with creatine you may be able to squeeze out an extra 2 reps before exhaustion. This works your muscles harder, and in turn helps them to grow faster. Also, the creatine in your muscles will allow you to recover faster, increasing your endurance. You are right about water retention though, that is another way you gain mass with creatine. I find that you tend to feel a little bloated. And if you're loading right, you will get more than 5 lbs from creatine. But you need to cycle for at least 4 months to really get quality muscle. I also find that if you're on creatine and you stop working out, you will lose muscle mass faster than if you packed on the lbs slowly without it. Keep that in mind.
For mass gain, like some have said, stick to compound movements. These will help you pack on more mass than isolation exercises. So do squats instead of leg extensions, barbell curls instead of preacher curls, etc. And also, focus on the muscles that are the biggest in your body (glutes, quads, hams, the GO muscles) When these muscles grow, you will be adding significantly more mass than if you were to add another half inch to your biceps (the SHOW muscles). Not to mention that big legs should help you with soccer (providing a stronger base, power, speed).

And here's the key: Go hard when you're lifting, but get lots of sleep. You won't grow if you don't rest. Especially if you take creatine. Otherwise you're just wasting your money.

WBB6
12-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by C4S
If you are 5'10 and 155lb .. that is already the ideal weight !
why do you wanna be a "fattie" ?? :confused:

I am a little bit taller then you, and 158lbs now, and would love to take 5lbs off ! :)
Soccer players never need to be fat ..... (unless you mean football !):eek:

Originally posted by benyl
Agreed. I am 5'10 and 185 pounds... and I have a belly. I need to lost about 15-20 lbs to be at my ideal weight.

At 200, you would be considered obese... Unless you looked like Arnold.

I think that a differentiation needs to be said, there is a HUGE difference in weighing a certain amount if you have fat or muscle weight. Muscle does weight more than fat...so if you are more muscular at 5'10" than you are fat that you might weight more! But when you talk about "ideal" weights you must remember that
this is a very relative term!

The best way to put on quality weight which is muscle is to go on a good diet high in protein and in quality carbs...at the same time doing moderate weight training and drinking protein shakes...

JustinL
12-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Lint- The studies actually show that creatine is no better at either improving endurance or strength than a placebo. This research was done at the UofA by one of my excercise physiology profs two years ago. Interestingly though, the placebo group responded far better than the non-placebo group. So the conclusion is that thinking you are getting something to make you stronger actually makes you stronger.

Things may have changed in the past couple years, but thats where the research was last time I checked.

Justin

Edit: supporting evidence...Pub Med Article (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11842271&dopt=Abstract)

Kamen
12-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Dude what are you talking about I know craploads of fat koreans, girls and guys alike.

Take protein shakes, creatine is ok too, and work it man. Even though you want to gain for your position, I suggest muscle mass instead of just a quick 15lbs of anything...especially fat.

civic_rida
12-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Quit soccer. Any cardio activity wont aid in gaining weight.
Oh ya not everyone responds to creatine.
I would just workout. My weight hasnt gone up alot but my size has. I for sure dont reflect my weight.

sxtasy
12-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
:rolleyes:

civic_rida
12-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Its true. Trust me. He probably burns more calories playing soccer than he will get back from a protein shake.

DUBBED
12-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Its true. Trust me. He probably burns more calories playing soccer than he will get back from a protein shake.

i doubt it the shakes i use have 600 calories per serving...

thats 1800 calories a day just from shakes... judging on his weight hed have to have a heart rate over 160 to burn that in an hour long soccer game

it certainly doesnt help you gain weight as fast as he wants to though

sxtasy
12-09-2003, 11:13 PM
^civic rida
but we are talking about burning fat and gaining muscle. Cardio will help burn the fat, and a stronger cardiovascular system will aid in lifting weights. Notice how you have a breathing system when weight lifting. I think cardio is important to incorporate into your workouts.

Skyline_Addict
12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Oh ya not everyone responds to creatine.
I would just workout. My weight hasnt gone up alot but my size has. I for sure dont reflect my weight.

lol, i'm not quitting soccer!

but yeah you guys have been great with the advice, some of it is really indepth stuff.
I think I'm just going to stick to 1-2 protein shakes a day (what i've been doing all along for a couple months) and take into consideration the heavy weight work outs (no more than 10 reps) and working all the different muscle groups!

thanks....but more advice is definetely welcome.

regarding the "ideal" weight thing: i look pretty lean cause very little of my weight is fat. that's why I'm pretty surprised when I have friends who yeah, are skinner than me, but not too noticeably, but they weight like 130 pounds. i think they're a little surprised when I say I weight 150+...

DUBBED
12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I have to agree with sxtasy...

if you work out properly just lifting weights is enough cardio...

i remember when i had a personally trainer he would push me to the point of almost puking while doing squats... and that was usually the first exercise of the day...

Skyline_Addict
12-09-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
Dude what are you talking about I know craploads of fat koreans, girls and guys alike.

Take protein shakes, creatine is ok too, and work it man. Even though you want to gain for your position, I suggest muscle mass instead of just a quick 15lbs of anything...especially fat.

you serious? I barely know any FAT koreans. all my friends, male and female are mostly really lean/skinny.
it's an oriental thing, well atleast as far as I see it.
and it's a good thing (if you don't want to be fat and slow), bless me! ;)

civic_rida
12-09-2003, 11:55 PM
This kid is obviously skinny. He doesnt need to burn any fat. HE needs to get fat (bulk) n then cut.

sxtasy
Any pics of u when u where like 18? Just wanan see if cardio actually does help cuz i think not.

I've been working out long enough and never do any cardio at the gym or at home and i aint fat.

Skyline_Addict
12-10-2003, 12:05 AM
This kid is obviously skinny. He doesnt need to burn any fat. HE needs to get fat (bulk) n then cut.

sxtasy
Any pics of u when u where like 18? Just wanan see if cardio actually does help cuz i think not.

I've been working out long enough and never do any cardio at the gym or at home and i aint fat.

woah woah. just because I want to get more bulk doesn't make me skinny.
I'm lean.
lean and skinny - big difference.

sxtasy
12-10-2003, 12:12 AM

sxtasy

haha, I am not saying that you must do cardio or you will get fat. I said it is good to incorporate into your routine.

civic_rida
12-10-2003, 01:17 AM
i dont see how unless if u need lose weight. My girl always said how soccer can get u big i dotn see how that would work.

sxtasy
12-10-2003, 01:39 AM
getting oxygen to your muscles is important when working out, thats why some breathe heavy with a pattern when lifting weights. When you do cardio you build your cardiovascular system, therefore, building the ability for your body to utilize oxygen.

ninjak84
12-10-2003, 02:29 AM
This thread is full of kids that failed kinesiology :rofl:

JustinL
12-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
This thread is full of kids that failed kinesiology :rofl:

Most of the advice here has been bang on. Some of the underlying explanations are a little dodgy, but the advice is good none the less.

Skyline-addict: If you want to improve your soccer you're going to have to maintain your cardio fitness, there is no way around this. It is also true that high intensity cardio training is detremental to gaining lean muscle mass. So it's just going to take you a little while to gain weight.

Justin

Loose
12-10-2003, 09:54 AM
15lbs in one month is gonna have to be mostly fat unless you use Vitamin S

WBB6
12-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Loose
15lbs in one month is gonna have to be mostly fat unless you use Vitamin S

I just remembered that isn't 15 lbs what the average male who goes regularly to the gym gain over one year??? (However I could be wrong...)

Penis
12-10-2003, 11:40 AM
In your face.

Since it seems that everybody's so fixated on women's bodies, I decided to add a little something for myself.

Kona9
12-10-2003, 12:00 PM
who are you? and why do you keep posting pics of guys. are you a girl or a guy just fixated on the male body. just curious.

C4S
12-10-2003, 12:07 PM
:barf:
Oh no ..that is so gay ... what the heck is going on here ... :barf:

w3apon
12-10-2003, 06:40 PM
You can see the email Penis just sent me:

Subject: Stupid Avatar
This is a message from Penis at Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts ( http://forums.beyond.ca/index.php ). The Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Penis, you can use this online form:
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?action=mailform&userid=5626

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Go to a fucking porn site if you want to see girls kiss. This isn't the place for it!!!!

Danger_Mouse
12-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

lol, i'm not quitting soccer!

but yeah you guys have been great with the advice, some of it is really indepth stuff.
I think I'm just going to stick to 1-2 protein shakes a day (what i've been doing all along for a couple months) and take into consideration the heavy weight work outs (no more than 10 reps) and working all the different muscle groups!

thanks....but more advice is definetely welcome.

regarding the "ideal" weight thing: i look pretty lean cause very little of my weight is fat. that's why I'm pretty surprised when I have friends who yeah, are skinner than me, but not too noticeably, but they weight like 130 pounds. i think they're a little surprised when I say I weight 150+...

Good Luck man... tell us how it goes!!!

^SkylinE^
12-10-2003, 08:01 PM
DUDE you got it all wrong you need to eat Mcdicks for breakfast lunch and dinner! Thats how to pack on the pounds..... even thought thats what i do and i still weigh nothing ...stupid fast metabolism :thumbsup:

C4S
12-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by w3apon
You can see the email Penis just sent me:

Subject: Stupid Avatar
This is a message from Penis at Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts ( http://forums.beyond.ca/index.php ). The Beyond.ca - Car Forums for Car Enthusiasts owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

This is the message:

Go to a fucking porn site if you want to see girls kiss. This isn't the place for it!!!!

:barf: :barf: :barf: oh sick .. he thinks Beyond is a GAY site ??
If he is GAY , that is his matter .... but .. we are not ! we love to see sexy cars and .. sexy girls ! ( ok .. sexy men for our female member ! )

:banghead: :banghead:

inspire
02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
actually, I gained 15lbs in one month last year. I am not sure if it was all fat or all muscle but i did gain that much. I have an extremely fast metabolism as well. So i decided to goto the gym, the first month i started, i took a good whey protein and creatine, i worked out HARD five times a week, and by the end of the month i pcked on about 15lbs!!!

fivespeed
02-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Theres a product called weight gainer at GNC. I have not tried it but my cousin has and it helped him gain some weight. used it.

But gaining 15 pounds quickly in a month is still not safe..Safe would be gain about 2 pounds in 2 weeks 15 pounds in a month would not be safe. I also have a high metabolism 5'7 125 pounds.

and working out hardcore wont do anything for you also. best way to wqork out is to workout about 3 times a week for a few hours each session if you over work your muscles your not gonna gain nothing.you'll prob lose muscles.

This is what works for me... 5 meals a day with about 500 calories each. after im done working out i go home and eat something with alot of portein like a can of fish.anything that has alot of protiens. then rest. ive been doing this for 2 months and gained 9 pounds.

Theres diff things that work for some people. even depression and that type of crap can atcually stop you from gaining weight.
If you smoke id try quitting smoking also. if you kept most people eat more to compensate for quitting smoking thus that why they bitch about if i quit smoking will i gain weight.? lol

core_upt
02-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Stop trying to idealize yourself by your weight. 165Lbs. can mean a bunch of different sizes and body types. If you play soccer, I do too, you need to keep your cardio level up so always run at the gym. DO NOT stop doing cardio, especially if you are still going to play soccer, that just doesn't make sense.

Secondly, as far as weight training goes, keep it related to your goal - to be a more solid center in in door. Your key muscle group will be your legs. Fortuneately this is where you can gain the most weight. I've seen tons of leaner guys at the talking with their friends about how much they want to gain in weight, but all they ever work out is their upper body. Your quads are your biggest muslces (or should be!); start using them (they will also help imrove your sprinting speed on the field). If you work your legs (quads, calves and hamstrings) out once or twice a week (48hrs rest in between minimum) you will begin to notice a difference.

After your legs, start building your chest AND your back. Again, a lot of people tend to concentrate on their chest because it is a "more appealing" muscle group. You need to build your back at an equal rate in order to develop the strength to do things outside the gym. Being able to bench press 235lbs but not pull-down 75lbs. does you no good once you leave the gym, it's impractical muscle.

Arms - like the chest, people tend to work their biceps becasue a bix flex looks good. The majority of your strength AND size inyour arms comes from your tricpes, make sure they are worked in conjunction with the biceps.

The best advice for working-out and muscle development I have found is http://www.bodybuilding.com
There are a lot of disgusting juice monkey types on there, but there is a great exercise guide (broken down by muscle group) and some good discussions on bulking up, sports training, weight loss and diet. I suggest reading that, and trying stuff out.

Hope this helps and everytime you hit the gym, keep focused on why you are going - it will keep you motivated. And have fun too!

civic_rida
02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
yea but if u've read on bodybuilding.com they also say if u wanna gain weight lower ur cardio activity.

i

Si_FlyGuy
02-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey all...I'm another bodybuilding.com freak...

Here's my beef...you're saying that you want to gain 10-15lbs in a month. That's possible...but how much bodyfat percentage are you willing to sacrifice? In my opinion, lean muscle mass is more indicative of athleticism than overall mass alone.

On Creatine
There's been so much argument and opposing researches, but the general consensus (as lint had mentioned) is that it does help with endurance - but usually in such minute amounts that it's not noticable. Of course everyone reacts differently to it. Bottom line is that it helps you gain lean mass quickly.

On Diet
Hard Gainers 2000, N-Large, and other shakes will help you out, but realise that they're most effective as a post-workout infusion device. At any other times, you're just paying a premium amount for a meal replacement. Select your shake depending on your diet, your basal metabolic rate, workout intensity, and daily activity level. If you're already intaking 3000+ calories a day, work an office job, it hardly makes sense to pick a gainer shake.

On Workout
Are you willing to sacrifice speed and agility for standing mass? If so, you can select a functional hypertrophy based workout. I'm going to suggest that you select a regiment that'll improve your speed, agility, and strength (regardless of target mass). Add some plyometrics on your rest (or light) days to improve your balance, agility, and acceleration.

The amount of time required to complete a workout is different for everyone also. There're strong proponents of the quick 30-40 min workout, and there are good arguments for the longer workouts. Just know that to be effective, you'd have to factor in a longer rest period between sets if your workout is a low rep/high set bulking routine.

You don't need to be big to be a good soccer player...most soccer players are tiny and fast.

I'm done now....go do your research on a fitness website rather than a car site:)

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Creatine and weigh gain powder from your favorite supplement store, that will do it.

3g4me
02-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Dr.Nick "a slow steady gourging process combined with asselhorizontology(sp?) youll want to focus on the neglected food groups, such as the whiped group, the congiled group, and the chocotastic. Be creative, instead of making sandwiches with bread use pop tarts, instead of chewing gum chew bacon. And remember if your not sure about something, rub it against a peice of paper, if the paper turns clear its your window to weight gain."
:D

Black Gts
02-26-2004, 08:26 PM
look into a thing called myoblast, u can get it a gnc, it supposed 2 work well, im thinkin of checkin into myself, cause i cant gain weight either.