PDA

View Full Version : Good spots to ride around Calgary??

ekguy
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Let's hear it. Other than fishcreek where are all of you biking?

ekguy
04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Anyone?

:dunno:

slinkie
04-24-2010, 01:58 AM
step 1. wait till at least 1am
step 2. ........blaze...put on dark clothes
step 3. memorial river pathway between zoo island/kensington
step 4. make sure you have a relatively silent bike
step 5. fly past homeless people at high speeds, surprising them; shouting, tapping (careful) or otherwise causing them distress...works best when you come from behind them obviously
step 6. laugh raucously

here is my chosen steed when scaring the homeless:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/782/00141n.jpg
its totally silent compared to my others

i highly recommend this activity . also this stretch of pathway is fairly new especially near the zoo it's like riding on glass.

ekguy
04-24-2010, 08:58 AM
hahaha that's pretty good actually. I might have to try biking around the zoo though.

But I meant trails that you can do some cross country type biking in. Fishcreek is loaded with trails all over the place that either were made by the city for bikers or people with bikes just figured they'd make a trail where they please hehe.

slinkie
04-24-2010, 11:02 PM
hmm need more responses im interested too.

JustinGTP
04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I like riding all the paths from Edworthy Park to DT.

Bizzareo
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Nosehill??

ekguy
04-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Anything outside the city but close?

I've been told Bragg Creek has some.

Kennyredline
04-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Anything outside the city but close?

I've been told Bragg Creek has some.
Glenmore west out to #22 takes you to Bragg Creek, it's a pretty flat ride, good for a quick ride, or a good first ride of the season, not too strenuous.
I like to go east of the city, out on Glenmore and around the secondary highways. Those rides are pretty flat, but depending on the wind, it can be as challenging as having hills along the way. If you go to the deep SW of the city, there are more hills if that's your thing.

Grogador
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listthreads/?forumid=47

PINKBIKE ... search ... ask ...

swak
04-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Glenmore west out to #22 takes you to Bragg Creek, it's a pretty flat ride, good for a quick ride, or a good first ride of the season, not too strenuous.
I like to go east of the city, out on Glenmore and around the secondary highways. Those rides are pretty flat, but depending on the wind, it can be as challenging as having hills along the way. If you go to the deep SW of the city, there are more hills if that's your thing.

I like the ride out from COP (up COP hill), to Springbank Road, to Bragg Creek (#22).
Lots of rolling hills, false flats, and more often than not, a good ole cross wind on Springbank Road :whipped:

... But in/around Bragg Creek, for MTB trails, theres 'Powder Face', a sick trail just west from Bragg off 22x (just before you hit Elbow Falls).

slinkie
04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by swak

a good ole cross wind on Springbank Road :whipped:

wind...such a bitch with aerospokes

flipstah
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
BUMP.

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice path with nice views other than DT?

swak
05-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
BUMP.

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice path with nice views other than DT?

Just last week i rode out to the Bowness pathways, and you get a nice view of COP, the valley, etc...

Nice area... Miles of pathways, and it connects to everything.
Also connects to Tuscany pathways, then you can ride up to the coulee area to bearspaw (with amazing views), and go nuts...
:thumbsup:

flipstah
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Just last week i rode out to the Bowness pathways, and you get a nice view of COP, the valley, etc...

Nice area... Miles of pathways, and it connects to everything.
Also connects to Tuscany pathways, then you can ride up to the coulee area to bearspaw (with amazing views), and go nuts...
:thumbsup:

When you talk about Bowness, you're referring to this one right?

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/bu/parks_operations/bowness_map.pdf

swak
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
^^ Yes, and just north of the river, is 'Bowmont Park' with more pathways, that connects to Silver Springs area, etc..

flipstah
05-17-2010, 12:30 PM
^^ Yes, and just north of the river, is 'Bowmont Park' with more pathways, that connects to Silver Springs area, etc..

Sweet! I'll try that out for sure. Can't wait! :)