PDA

View Full Version : Rogers may offer multi-device data plans

kenny
04-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Just read that Rogers is looking into releasing multi-device data plans. I'm sure this is aimed at the iPad but could be useful for other devices as well. Would reduce the need for tethering but I wonder what the prices would be like.

I'm surprised Rogers is being innovative, maybe the new competition in the market is working

:thumbsup:

K3RMiTdot
04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
i would very much love this

Boat
04-23-2010, 10:14 PM
So I could have my Iphone data plan, and a Rogers Rocket Stick for a monthly discount?

trieuth
04-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Kind of, for example if you have the 6gb-$30 from rogers, you could use your iphone and have a second sim card for your mobile stick. But instead of having another plan, you can share the data.

scat19
04-27-2010, 01:17 AM
^ dream on

Zero102
04-27-2010, 06:23 AM
They have carried shared data plans in the past, this is not really a new thing :dunno:

IIRC the iPad uses a microSIM and I thought Rogers didn't support them because of this?

sr20s14zenki
04-27-2010, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by scat19
^ dream on

so....do you ever have anything positive to say, or are you only positive when its about you, or your car.

i would totally go for the rocket stick idea IF they would do such a plan, and i believe the sales lady that called from rogers the other day mentioned something like that now that i think of it. She caught me at a bad time and pissed me off so i hung up after i had said not interested 3 times.

scat19
04-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

so....do you ever have anything positive to say, or are you only positive when its about you, or your car.

I have a lot of positiveness to say and I would love having a 3G stick along with my phone, and I hate having my phone stuck to a laptop when there is no BT, but in reality, I won't get my hopes up. We are talking about rogers.

And I really don't know what you're trying to get at about me or my car. Of course everyone cares about themselves the most. It's your life :D