PDA

View Full Version : How many of you out there smoke marijana?

92s13SR20
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Just curious to see what percentage of people out there smoke marijana.

taos911
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
I smoke crack.

se7en
04-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Come on man. The new thing is Jenkem!!

dsr7723
04-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Not I. Don't smoke anything, hardly drink either. Used to be a full time stoner in my younger days... Don't miss it one bit.

btimbit
04-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Not since grade 11. Waste of money

Kloubek
04-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow... so far, almost half.

I haven't bought it in a year or so... and now I lost my contact. Wouldn't mind an eighth for old time's sake... :)

2ndgenlude
04-24-2010, 10:47 PM
just got back from vancouver for 420 lol, so that answers your question. my opinion on it is if someone wants to do it let them. if they don't that's fine too. people get way too riled up over a plant.

CUG
04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
A proud no. I wish I could, but I suspect I would sit at home all day with a bag and not leave. Actually, I've been so fucking stressed lately that I would probably overdose, even though it may not be possible.

foreverchina
04-24-2010, 11:32 PM
I dont see the problem with it. :dunno:

CUG
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by foreverchina
I dont see the problem with it. :dunno: Not a problem at all, wasn't saying that. I don't think it's any worse or better than alcohol.

Just with exams and all, yeah..

adidas
04-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

I haven't bought it in a year or so... and now I lost my contact. Wouldn't mind an eighth for old time's sake... :)

Call this guy hes good

266-1234

Modelexis
04-25-2010, 10:27 AM
92s13SR20

You misspelled marijuana both times you attempted.

Kloubek
04-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by adidas

Call this guy hes good

266-1234

Fantastic - thanks. He's swinging by tonight....

ZenOps
04-25-2010, 10:41 AM
The numbers seem high on this board. Not totally unexpected though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/marijuana/statistics.html

Stats from national surveys. About 1/10th of the population or 3 million or so freely admits to using on a regular basis.

Canada has an interesting drug legacy. We used to grow entire fields of opiates during WWII. Brits have never really had a hardline stance on drugs.

China and Republican US have had wars on drugs several times under different administrations. The US even had a war on alcohol (prohibition) which arguably gave rise to the first true multinational crime syndicates.

C_Dave45
04-25-2010, 11:11 AM
*raises hand*

Tik-Tok
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM

That's my problem too. I rarely smoke anymore, and sometimes could really go for a bag, but don't have any contacts for it anymore. I still know a guy who smokes daily, but trying to get him to get me some is almost impossible. When I do eventually find some, I'll have maybe 2 joints, then the rest sits in the fridge forever until it's dry and shitty, lol.

That stuff I had in Maui last month kicked ass though.

BigMass
04-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Man, the police are getting lazy this year fishing for door busters on beyond.

Pollywog
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Weed lover here.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/ClazzOF2006-Duh/i_love_weed.jpg

revelations
04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
I suppose my question is, how many of you smokers know its 100% pure marijuana that you're inhaling?

(and not laced with god knows what other chemicals)

Pollywog
04-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by revelations
The question is, how many of you smokers know its 100% pure marijuana that you're inhaling?

(and not laced with god knows what other chemicals)

1 - Because many, including myself, know our growers

2 - Because only a complete moron would think it logical to add other drugs that cost more money than the weed itself and to charge the same. This is such a rare phenomenon that there is no point in even keeping it in mind - even if you buy off the street. The biggest concern last year was glass fragments/poweder added in the UK which gave it a more "crystally" appearance and added weight.

It's a fair question, but far from logical. Drug dealers are out there to make the most of the least they can - not to slip extra drugs into weed as a fun "surprise".

Isaiah
04-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I think it's something you outgrow. It happened to me when I was about 18 and I've never looked back. I've noticed that some of my younger friends who are in their early twenties are still into it but almost all of those in their thirties are done with it.

Of course, that doesn't apply to everyone as there are definitely lifers out there but from the trends I've seen, by the mid-twenties people have moved on.

01RedDX
04-25-2010, 12:22 PM

pf0sh0
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
WJbh-O7-44Y

DJ_NAV
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
yes chemicals are added often in the plants. typically they add chemicals to make oil.... so in that scenario you do get that weird smell... but 70-80% of the THC is still there in the plant. Make any sense?

nonlinear
04-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
I think it's something you outgrow. It happened to me when I was about 18 and I've never looked back. I've noticed that some of my younger friends who are in their early twenties are still into it but almost all of those in their thirties are done with it.

Of course, that doesn't apply to everyone as there are definitely lifers out there but from the trends I've seen, by the mid-twenties people have moved on.

absolutely this.

i smoked all throughout high school and university, but kinda stopped doing it around the time i started grad school. it wasn't a conscious decision - i just started getting into other things i guess. I still smoke occasionally (maybe 10 times a year), but only when i'm at a friends hot tub party or campfire or whatever. actually, my good friend gives it to me for free, and when he does, it ends up sitting in the freezer for months on end and then I just throw it out. hahah!

that said, I am in FULL SUPPORT of marijuana legalization efforts. the war on drugs has been far more harmful to our society than the drugs themselves. ESPECILALY marijuana.

dandia89
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
wouldn't even try considering doing it. i know way too many burnouts who just smoke everyday without any ambition in their life. I'm not saying it's the same for everyone, but it's mostly being abused by people can't handle a little stress in their life

Pollywog
04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV
yes chemicals are added often in the plants. typically they add chemicals to make oil.... so in that scenario you do get that weird smell... but 70-80% of the THC is still there in the plant. Make any sense?

Typically you don't "add" chemicals to make oil - you use a cleanly evaporating solvent (eg.Isopropyl alcohol) of which THC and other resin's present in the plant are soluble in. Then the solution is left to evaporate (or sped by means of heat and surface disruption) and what is left is purely the THC/Resins from the plant without the plant material.

When you get weird smells in the smoke of cannabis oil, it is commonly a result of a filler used by shady and greedy dealers - something usually as simple as vitamin E. However, equally as common it is from a horrible extraction method, harsh chemicals used by an inexperienced producer, or improper or incomplete evap/burn-off. Don't buy product from people like this.

HuMz
04-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
wouldn't even try considering doing it. i know way too many burnouts who just smoke everyday without any ambition in their life. I'm not saying it's the same for everyone, but it's mostly being abused by people can't handle a little stress in their life

Some people just have no ambition to begin with, it just so happens that they smoke weed or do drugs. Therefore people are burnouts because they smoke weed, there burnouts because they suck at life.

Weed smokers come from all walks of life, and you can't really catagorize one based on the fact they smoke weed because for the majority of people the weed doesn't take over or make a person.

As for me I used to smoke alot back in high school, now I seem to go through spurts. I'll go months without smoking and then end up smoking it back to back weekends depending on the situation and who im with. Seems like I smoke it a bit more in the summer going out to the cabin/camping/golfing.

GTI1671
04-25-2010, 01:22 PM
ye everyday.

kras
04-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Used to smoke it fairly often in high school and college... then it started to make me feel kinda fucked up sometimes - like paranoid and hypochondriac thoughts lol.

Now I'll maybe smoke it a few times a year when I go back to B.C and visit my friends there.

01RedDX
04-25-2010, 01:33 PM

revelations
04-25-2010, 01:44 PM
^ its the same with alcohol too, some people shouldnt drink but they do anyway... (unless they get release conditions slapped on them which prohibit alcohol consumption)

Kloubek
04-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I just want to see Dayglow or TalonTSI drop in here to say they smoke... hehe.

A3GTiVR6SC
04-25-2010, 03:15 PM
http://th176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/kookybooboo/Emoticons/Smileys/th_StonedSmiley.gif

ZenOps
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Meh, ambition is overrated.

If I was more ambitious I would have rolled over Rob Anders in a M1A1 Abrahams a long time ago.

Most people who are attracted to marijuanna have no typical ambition to start with either. Canada is particularily good at destroying ambition in general. I mean really - we as a nation would never ever have the ambition to create something like a mission to the moon programme.

I might be a hard labour farmer - If Canada could actually divvy up land. Hell, even our leaders prorogue every other year and take a month long paid holiday.

Now - as to whether or not that is a good or bad thing is debateable.

Ambition has changed a lot. Its now possible to achieve mental and spiritual ambitions which people tend to place higher value on then material ambitions. Case in point: The ridiculous number of people I know who have probably spent more time in the last year on some virtual game (WoW) to achieve some virtual achievement than actual hours on dollar earning work.

It all depends on what you place value on... And I get the feeling more and more Canadians are more content with spiritual achievements than material ones. Which can lead one to - Mary Jane.

You know Mary - the one looking for the two hour orgasm instead of the big diamond ring :poosie:

g-m
04-25-2010, 05:16 PM
I suppose my question is, how many of you smokers know its 100% pure marijuana that you're inhaling?

(and not laced with god knows what other chemicals) lolololol are you f*cking serious? Yea laced weed in Canada that'll be the day. Obviously you're completely and totally ignorant.

And I did answer yes to the thread.

ahahaha laced weed. We don't live in North Korea

Kloubek
04-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Laced weed is a common argument to those who realize it is a pretty benign substance in the first place, but want to justify why it might be against the law.

Like I said - I don't smoke it anymore - but to say it is more harmful than alcohol is ridiculous. It totally should be legalized... provided the same kind of laws are in place to avoid smoking and driving, etc.

g-m
04-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Yea once some guy tried to sell me shake with what looked like ground tobacco. I told him to get lost.

BigMass
04-25-2010, 05:54 PM

Like I said - I don't smoke it anymore - but to say it is more harmful than alcohol is ridiculous. It totally should be legalized... provided the same kind of laws are in place to avoid smoking and driving, etc.

I agree. I think alcohol is one of the most evil drugs to be unleashed upon humanity. Throughout its history It has probably ruined more lives than every other drug put together. Do I think it should be made illegal? No! But the fact that marijuana is illegal when alcohol isn’t, is a reflection upon or pitiful, ignorant and most of all hypocritical society.

b_t
04-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I do love my weed. Smoke more now at 22, 23 than I ever did in high school.

nonlinear
04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
FYI, the "laced weed" urban myth started back in the '70s, when the US government used to spray outdoor marijuana crops with the herbicide Paraquat.

in addition to the direct effects of the herbicide on the plant, it was hoped by US authorities that the rumor of "laced weed" would dissuade people from consuming the drug.

:facepalm:

C_Dave45
04-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm probably the opposite to most of you smokers. I was raised in the 70's as a hippie/flowerchild and was smoking it by age 9. When I hit my teens and later, it was no big deal and I stopped it all together. Flash forward a few dozen years, and got tired of the binge drinking, hangovers etc from booze and the wife and I started smoking weed. Mostly at night for movie watching or camping/vacationing and of course anytime we party. I can have a few beer, a few joints and I'm as buzzed as the guy beside me who's just downed a 26'er. Difference is, I wake up at 7 am the next morning feeling great.
When I first used it, a "nickel bag" was a glad baggie stuffed FULL and cost an actual $5!! How the price has changed lol

403Gemini
04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I dont do it, and I also dont have a problem with it - WHEN USED IN MODERATION.

There is nothing I hate more than being around fucking stoners or people who need to get stoned when they go to movies/concerts. No different than people who drink. I dont mind people who drink (I drink lol) , but drunks piss me off.

slinkie
04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
laced weed lol

skip to :25
SHCmjWqEJDo

revelations
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
FYI, the "laced weed" urban myth started back in the '70s, when the US government used to spray outdoor marijuana crops with the herbicide Paraquat.

in addition to the direct effects of the herbicide on the plant, it was hoped by US authorities that the rumor of "laced weed" would dissuade people from consuming the drug.

:facepalm:

If I go buy a pack of smokes, I pretty much know whats in it (and how much good it does to my body)....but to a "non-toker" like myself, I'd be worried about buying something that is sold by weight/volume - fillers have been mentioned already.

Also, while it isnt overly common, there have been many cases of pot that had other drugs mixed in, in an effort no doubt to create dependency by the dealer to other, more expensive narcotics - but if you know your source, then this isnt likely to be the case (same with fillers).

And +1 for decriminalization of pot.

HiTempguy1
04-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

There is nothing I hate more than being around fucking stoners or people who need to get stoned when they go to movies/concerts. No different than people who drink. I dont mind people who drink (I drink lol) , but drunks piss me off.

In all honesty, very rarely do you meet these types of people. Everyday its "I can't wait to get home so I can get stoned" from the people I've ever met.

4lti
04-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by slinkie
laced weed lol

skip to :25
SHCmjWqEJDo

Wow.
I hope you didnt answer yes the the threads question then just posted this shit!

Its PCP he smokes in that scene.
Not laced weed.

4lti
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM

If I go buy a pack of smokes, I pretty much know whats in it (and how much good it does to my body)....but to a "non-toker" like myself, I'd be worried about buying something that is sold by weight/volume - fillers have been mentioned already.

Also, while it isnt overly common, there have been many cases of pot that had other drugs mixed in, in an effort no doubt to create dependency by the dealer to other, more expensive narcotics - but if you know your source, then this isnt likely to be the case (same with fillers).

And +1 for decriminalization of pot.

You gotta stop watching tv.
I dont know anyone that "Fills" there trees with filler or anything like that.
You cant really filler a full bud unless its just not fully dry.

The most this shit could be laced with is THC to boost it.

Im pretty sure if it was full of some fucked up chemicals or something you would be able to taste it.

nismo_fan
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
+1 for smoker!

InRich
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
I cheese.

Antonito
04-25-2010, 11:50 PM

There is nothing I hate more than being around fucking stoners or people who need to get stoned when they go to movies/concerts. No different than people who drink. I dont mind people who drink (I drink lol) , but drunks piss me off. The only reason I tolerate stoners more than drunks is simply the actions they take while overdoing their habit

Hardcore stoner: "hey man, you ever watch Avatar...on weed?" *rambles for a half hour about his hands, falls asleep*
^
Annoying, but overall easy to ignore

Hardcore drunk: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT? I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU" *punches woman in face, drives into a crowd of pedestrians*
^
The reason I stopped going to bars

ekguy
04-26-2010, 08:54 AM

Me and my gf don't need to get stoned when we go to a movie or go to a concert but we definitely enjoy it alot more if we do.

District 9 was incredible stoned, I don't think I would of liked it much if not. And going to Atmosphere sober would of been a sin haha.

nonlinear
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM

there have been many cases of pot that had other drugs mixed in, in an effort no doubt to create dependency by the dealer to other, more expensive narcotics

hahah, i'm sorry, but this kinda reminds me of:

http://originalhoopla.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/reefer_madness.jpg

codetrap
04-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
The only reason I tolerate stoners more than drunks is simply the actions they take while overdoing their habit

Hardcore stoner: "hey man, you ever watch Avatar...on weed?" *rambles for a half hour about his hands, falls asleep*
^
Annoying, but overall easy to ignore

Hardcore drunk: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT? I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU" *punches woman in face, drives into a crowd of pedestrians*
^
The reason I stopped going to bars

I read this and laughed. :D

Tik-Tok
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
:rofl: My mother-in-law bought that CD for me after she
popped in un-announced one day and saw my Smirnoff
texas mickey bong. That video is hilarious.

Originally posted by nonlinear

hahah, i'm sorry, but this kinda reminds me of:

http://originalhoopla.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/reefer_madness.jpg

beyond_ban
04-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I used to a lot more then i do today. When it comes around i puff puff pass. I no longer purchase it or EVER get the "I NEED TO GET HIGH" feeling.

scat19
04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I've tried but nothing happened.

So I don't.

I only drink. I love drinking. :love:

Tomaz
04-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Tried it, threw up. cant touch the stuff. I cant even stand the smell of it.

asp integra
04-26-2010, 02:06 PM
once or twice a week myself
also while skiing its really nice, being in the mountains with a j is heaven!

gretz
04-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by scat19
I've tried but nothing happened.

So I don't.

I only drink. I love drinking. :love:

Thats because you didn't inhale lol...

Its funny to see how some people feel towards / think about weed... they are stuck in the "70s fear propaganda" it seems...

Reminds me of all the pot commercials;

-the one where the kid gets high and shoots his friend
-the fast food one where they run out of money, so they peel out and hit a little girl riding a tricyle in the parking lot lol...
-the one where the guy is tripping balls, the zigzag man is talking to him etc...

Wow - this drug is scary lol

Graham_A_M
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
Not since grade 11. Waste of money
Same. I just hated how stupid I felt when I smoked it. It killed my memory & affected my job performance too.:nut:

So fuck that. I wouldn't mind trying it again after all these years when Im on vacation somewhere, but for everyday living? no way.

slinkie
04-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by 4lti

Wow.
I hope you didnt answer yes the the threads question then just posted this shit!

Its PCP he smokes in that scene.
Not laced weed.

thanks tips :facepalm:

derran.m
04-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Enjoy it regularly IN MODERATION ... it is a matter ofopinion, everyone has their own ... I like to smoke ... others like to drink, others play computer games, yadda yadda yadda ...
in regards to memory effects, etc. - seems I have no problems ... I am in a responsible position in my career - yes career, not job... I smoke daily - after work nightly. I also occasionally enjoy a beer with it.
As far as "lacing the weed" ... as a regular smoker I know if what I am getting is not right - funny looks, odd weight - it's all an experience factor in preventing yourself from getting screwed. Yes once I have purchased somethign that was "laced" with something ... that was probably the second time I ever bought - and since then have been very picky as to what i buy and whom i buy from. Funny smell, texture, weight, size, blah blah blah ... nope not touching it ...
As far as legalization ... I am behind it for so many reasons ... [begin rant]
It is illegal, therefore it promotes everyone to be doing it ... any kid who is around has tried it only for the fact that they have been told no - a good older friend of mine was so open about it with her daughter - mom offered it to daughter in her teens, they did together once , daughter never touched again - not so fun if its allowed! And I will be the same with my son when he grows up - I will be open to him about it and allow him to do so ... I'd prefer he did it safe and sound at home than with a bunch of friends in a back alley. Nonetheless, if it is open and not illegal, it's not so attractive to the kids.
Which brings up the next point ... kids hanging around hiding smoking it ... thus bringing the vandalism, graffiti, littering etc.
Smoking is no diff than drinking ... if anything it's better .. as mentioned in a previous post, no hangover!
How much violence is raised as a result of the legality? Gangs or dealers running against each other in the streets, of course there's going to be some violence there - add in the cops coming in for a bust - guns and various weapons flying around ... not so safe for the rest of us.
Regulate the shit and tax the hell out of it just like booze and tobacco. Dealers must be licensed by the gov't to sell it, must report all incomes, etc. etc. etc - for what its worth most of the dealers would give up on the biz and go elsewhere...
I would like to see the government's actual costs of running drug teams vs profit if they legalized it.
How much does it cost to run these specialized tactics teams for busting ops and dealers? vs how much would they MAKE by taxing the hell out of it?
[/end rant]
That's all for now ...

a social dsease
04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
i smoke weed fairly often. imo its pretty simple, if you don't like it, don't do it.

ekguy
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
It's pretty damn stupid how it's viewed...Really me and my gf are pretty much the most peaceful people you will ever meet and so are most of our friends who we smoke with.

Nothing beats sitting by the river or a lake, or the ocean, or in the woods, mountains, etc with a nice joint to share with between a couple friends.

JordanEG6
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Rarely.

I will if friends offer to share the weed or have some on hand, but I don't go out of my way to buy any or smoke myself.

I'm more of the casual toker at parties, get-togethers, BBQs etc.

4lti
04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

thanks tips :facepalm:

Well do you want me to put up a video of a guy smoking crack and say

"LOL LACED WEED"

No cause its not weed at all. Its crack.
That clip smokey isnt bitching caused its laced. Hes bitching cause its PCP....Which isnt weed.

bourge73
04-27-2010, 04:42 PM
+1 loves.

Renagades
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

Me and my gf don't need to get stoned when we go to a movie or go to a concert but we definitely enjoy it alot more if we do.

District 9 was incredible stoned, I don't think I would of liked it much if not. And going to Atmosphere sober would of been a sin haha.

Haha I quite agree with the Atmosphere concert. That was, let's say, entertaining.

Graham_A_M
04-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Nothing beats sitting by the river or a lake, or the ocean, or in the woods, mountains, etc with a nice joint to share with between a couple friends.
Yeah, pretty amazing times we had doing the same things.
Some of the most deep philosophical introspective talks I or anybody else has ever had while just royally baked out in some amazing spot, either on the top of a mountain or by a beautiful lake mid summer.
One of the few reasons Id ever get back into it. :D

Pollywog
04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow, I didn't expect this to be a near 50/50 split.

nonlinear
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Wow, I didn't expect this to be a near 50/50 split.

really? i thought there would be more potheads, being that the majority of respondents are teenage males who are into riced civics. :nut:

Idratherbsidewayz
04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
I started smoking when everyone went to Uni after HS and I stayed back with all the people that didn't get in/didn't care. Smoked like a chimney for that year, then got into Engineering and cut back. During the summers I would smoke 2-3 times a day. Third and fourth year I smoked 4-5 times a week during school.

I haven't smoked since Sept. 15th (fieldwork + weed = no). I still have the desire, and absolutely love the smell.

Since I stopped smoking I have noticed two main things. My memory has come roaring back, and I have become more of an asshole/easily annoyed with people. Definitely a shorter fuse, and more aggressive.

Ill start smoking again on weekends when I don't have fieldwork anymore...

Buffalo Soldier
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Im betting in about 10 years marijuana will be readily available from dispensaries throughout canada much like BC and California.

fuck I love weed

ekguy
04-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
I started smoking when everyone went to Uni after HS and I stayed back with all the people that didn't get in/didn't care. Smoked like a chimney for that year, then got into Engineering and cut back. During the summers I would smoke 2-3 times a day. Third and fourth year I smoked 4-5 times a week during school.

I haven't smoked since Sept. 15th (fieldwork + weed = no). I still have the desire, and absolutely love the smell.

Since I stopped smoking I have noticed two main things. My memory has come roaring back, and I have become more of an asshole/easily annoyed with people. Definitely a shorter fuse, and more aggressive.

Ill start smoking again on weekends when I don't have fieldwork anymore...

I agree with you 100%. Whenever I take a little break (yes I do cool off of weed sometimes) even for a few days I get so irritated by people it's not even funny. I wouldn't be able to do my job without smoking hehe. I don't at or before work but I definitely do after work.

ZenOps
05-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Marc Emery has been extradited :(

This may help lighten the mood, What do you get when a cop has his first hit of Marijuanna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU

GQBalla
05-11-2010, 12:23 PM
nope.

but i could care less if anyone else smokes it.

RecoilS14
05-11-2010, 10:22 PM
+1 smoker.

The thing i love about the misconceptions about marijuana is how so off the wall most people are. A few points I have noticed about people who have never smoked pot:

-They think its a hallucinogen. You see stuff on weed? i dont think so. No tracers, no pink elephants, nothing. You get more visual impairment from cough syrup.

-Its addicting. Wrong. THC has no addictive properties and there are no other chemicals in marijuana that are addicting. Yes, you become habitual, but its not an addiction like nicotine or cocaine.

-Pot sellers are the seediest, most unruly and unkempt people. Again, wrong. Most pot dealers are your regular joe who likes to smoke it and wants to make a bit of extra cash on the side. They aren't funding terrorists or gangs. The growers are usually the same type of person as well. Of course there are exceptions to these, but generally its the guy next door.

-Contact high. This one comes up a lot it seems. People seem to think that if your near someone who smells like weed, your gonna get high. If their clothes are smoking, yeah, maybe....

-it makes you dumb. FUCK NO. Smoking does not make you dumb. It hurts your short term memory and may make you think/talk about the DUMBEST shit, but its not going to turn a smart person into a kid with down syndrome. I'll argue that people who are drunk do/say/act more like a retard than any stoner i know.

The war on drugs has made people stupid. Not the drugs themselves.

ZenOps
05-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't like the side effect of making me eat every damn thing in sight.

Why does plain white soft dollar bread taste so good ;) I swear you don't need caviar when you've got a good one going and have a 99 cent bag o chips.

praytothelowerd
05-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Meh, ambition is overrated.

If I was more ambitious I would have rolled over Rob Anders in a M1A1 Abrahams a long time ago.

Most people who are attracted to marijuanna have no typical ambition to start with either. Canada is particularily good at destroying ambition in general. I mean really - we as a nation would never ever have the ambition to create something like a mission to the moon programme.

I might be a hard labour farmer - If Canada could actually divvy up land. Hell, even our leaders prorogue every other year and take a month long paid holiday.

Now - as to whether or not that is a good or bad thing is debateable.

Ambition has changed a lot. Its now possible to achieve mental and spiritual ambitions which people tend to place higher value on then material ambitions. Case in point: The ridiculous number of people I know who have probably spent more time in the last year on some virtual game (WoW) to achieve some virtual achievement than actual hours on dollar earning work.

It all depends on what you place value on... And I get the feeling more and more Canadians are more content with spiritual achievements than material ones. Which can lead one to - Mary Jane.

You know Mary - the one looking for the two hour orgasm instead of the big diamond ring :poosie:

:thumbsup:

Ekliptix
05-12-2010, 06:24 AM
29 years old and never.