PDA

View Full Version : The dishonesty at Marlborough Ford

big A
04-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I just bought an 04 Expedition from Marlborough Ford and have many noted cases of their dishonesty. The first reason I feel Marlborough Ford lied to me would have happened immediately when we were first looking at the vehicle and asked if it had ever been in an accident. We were told "no" but I later found out when I seen the carfax on it that it HAD been in a major accident and then repaired before it got to Marlborough Ford. I doubt the salesman from Marlborough Ford felt he was telling the truth when he said "no". I think he either did not know the right answer or else knew and lied in hope of me never wanting to look at the carfax. In both cases it makes saying "no" a reason to say Marlborough Ford is dishonest.
We bought the vehicle that evening from Marlborough Ford because we felt that the price was right and we were told by the salesman that it came with a three year warranty. So we signed the papers and finalized the deal and just had to come back in a couple of days to Marlborough Ford with the bank draft and registration. When we came back it was then that we were told it didn't really have a three year warranty it was just a three month 50/50 warranty.
So in trying to make the best of the situation we were in of finding out any flaws the vehicle had in three months instead of three years we kept a note pad in the truck to document any problems, power window doesn't work properly, no rear defrost, leaky window, lagging tranny. At about the two and a half month mark I made an appointment and told her the problems. When we took it in to Marlborough Ford we said call before any work that costs us is performed. After the drop off we got a phone call from them saying it is past warranty, of course we argued over the phone getting nowhere and finally said we are coming right there with the bill showing it has been less than three months. Before we arrived back we got another call from Marlborough Ford and she said it is OK because she "can see the date now.". So even if we believe her it means she tried to tell us there is no more warranty without looking at the date. I believe it seems that what they do at Marlborough Ford is tell you there is no more warranty so if you don't fight it ,like us, you will just pay full price.
This next problem may just be me not knowing how warranties work but I thought I would give them the list of problems, large and small, and when they tell me whats under warranty or not I would then decide if I wanted to get it fixed. I was surprised to see that for each problem I told them of I got charged a diagnostic fee at 50/50.
Since it has been disapointment after disapointment at Marlborough Ford we did not want to give them any money. However the next day is supposed to be terrible rain so we just wanted the leaky window fixed. We paid our share of the 1.9 hours it supposedly took to reseal the window. On the bill it says"QC retest OK". Well the window leaks as if nothing has ever been repaired on it.
So now I have to phone Marlborough Ford tomorrow to see what other lies I may have to deal with.
Thank you for listening to my story about why I feel Marlborough Ford lies to get the sale.

JustinGTP
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Definitely annoying! Good luck with getting it fixed.

Isaiah
04-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Shouldn't the thread be titled "Dishonesty at Marlborough Ford" ?

TomcoPDR
04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by big A

Thank you for listening to my story

ohhhhh you're very welcome, I read the whole thing.

big A
04-25-2010, 06:54 PM
^^^ oh crap, I was gonna add question marks to the end of the title when I proof read it. Oh well I just wanted a title to get peoples attention that are thinking of shopping there. After that it is up to them if they want to read it.

schocker
04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/15oj6de.jpg

Weapon_R
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Cliffs:

Salesman lied to them about vehicle history. Salesman promised 3 yr warranty but bill of sale says 3 months. OP failed to read or properly inspect. Still bought the car. Problem arises and wants sympathy.

The usual.

tehwegz
04-25-2010, 08:03 PM
thats gey

i never want to buy from a dealer.

big A
04-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Nope not wanting sympathy at all. I failed to say I am happy with the truck for the price. I knew an 04 would not have a three year warranty so wasnt surprised and wanting to back out of the deal when found out the truth. I was just using the power of Beyond to tell those people that would have fallen for the lies when buying a used vehicle not to be gullable and do the research like your saying I should.
I have already started modifying it, some with the help of Beyonds sponsers.

Graham_A_M
04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Go to Woodridge Ford. Maclin, is absolutely awful as well: Very shady practices as well as bunch of total knuckle-head techs. My older Brother sold his Ranger mainly because of his hate for most Calgary ford dealers.

Hamann
04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
I've never personally dealt with the Marlborough location, but my old company leased then bought all their trucks through them, nothing but one problem after another.

Only reason they kept going back was because the owner of the company was to lazy to go to another location (or even shop around) so in all honesty I had/have no pity for him.

I also stay away from Cam Clark Ford up in Airdrie, never had a bad experience there, but one of the guys in the shop tried to scam me after his daughter rear-ended my parked truck, so that one's more because of how pissed I was after dealing with it all.

Only Ford dealership I deal with is Universal, always get great service there.

I personally would of walked away from the sale when you found out the salesman bullshitted about the 3 year warranty, 3 months vs 3 years is huge.

G-ZUS
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Hamann
I personally would of walked away from the sale when you found out the salesman bullshitted about the 3 year warranty, 3 months vs 3 years is huge.

I would have walked away before that, when he told me it wasn't in any accident

Shlade
04-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Its all candy and honey when it comes to selling a car ive knoticed when it comes to dealers.

If anybody really wants fantastic service from ford, Go to Cam Clark in airdrie and deal with Josh. I Give my full reccomendations about him and hell step out of his own way to try and fix your problem.

Your situation sucks, but you should of inspected it a bit more. I got a full history report for my car before i got it, I would of asked for everything right before you made any kind of purchase. And those Expeditions are known for problems, Those things suck major ass.

94boosted
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Good to know, good luck getting some of those issues resolved.

01RedDX
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM

FraserB
04-25-2010, 11:53 PM
OP; if you want the name of my mechanic just PM me. He is one of the best (my opinion) 4x4 mechanics in town, has never taken advantage of me, charges a good shop rate and will talk to you about what is wrong and what was done to fix it if you want.

JustinGTP
04-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

haha until now, each time I saw the cliffs pic posted on beyond I thought it meant for the OP to either jump off a cliff or drive their shoddy vehicle off a cliff, but now I know it means cliff notes. :facepalm: for me.

LOL don't worry I thought the same thing for a moment....

Bizzareo
04-26-2010, 12:07 AM
wall of text, paragraph/space it and I will read it.

Cliffs notes:

TL ; DR

westbeach70
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Consider contacting AMVIC?? I am in the process right now with Southland Volkswagon down here in Medicine Hat...

Tik-Tok
04-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Go to Woodridge Ford. Maclin, is absolutely awful as well:

Advantage Ford was also very dishonest with me, and cost me almost $2g. So stay away from them as well.

Originally posted by westbeach70
Consider contacting AMVIC?? I am in the process right now with Southland Volkswagon down here in Medicine Hat...

AMVIC is as useless as the BBB, believe me.

scat19
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Doesn't matter where you buy a POS from, it's still a POS.

Why did you buy it with all these problems? I hardly doubt it was a "deal" with the list you supplied....

btimbit
04-26-2010, 01:27 PM
They don't call them stealerships for nothing

epp01
04-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Never liked that dealership either, got toyed around with before from there.

westbeach70
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm beginning to think that as well.. I filed a complaint just about 2 weeks ago and still yet to hear.

Jay911
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I haven't located a Ford dealership in Calgary area that treats me or my family right. Advantage kept my car for an entire day for a plug & wire change and hadn't even started it at 4:55pm, when I had an appointment at 9:00am. Universal told my father that he must have unevenly loaded his '99 Windstar for the left front coil spring to break in two (despite the fact that there was a recall for that very problem on other model years of that model) and charged him full price to replace it. Marlborough, it's been so long since either of us were there that I can't remember what the issue was. Cochrane Ford and Crowfoot Ford both couldn't sort out the problems from after Cochrane replaced my F150's transmission - truck still has O/D light flashing. When Cochrane put the new transmission in, the fill tube wasn't reconnected properly and the truck vomited out all its fluid in 30 kilometers.

Never tried out Maclin, Metro, Cam Clark, and etc. Haven't been to a Ford dealership since. My father drives Hyundai now and I have a Subaru (but still keep the F150; as well as it ultimately does run, it is a good haulin'-trash-around truck).

ReasonOne
04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
This is all pretty amusing shit as I used to work for many dealerships in the Calgary area and my father was once a classic car dealer.

All the Ford dealers in this area are crooks. Unless you know the owners personally (ie: On a 1st name basis with Gerry Wood), you're going to get screwed over.

AMVIC is pretty useless, but if you're persistent it can pay off. I've helped 2 friends in the past through the process and they were both successful in getting their money back.

TomcoPDR
04-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Jay911
and the truck vomited out all its fluid in 30 kilometers.

Those fluid trails are always funny to see.

Shlade
04-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Trust me give Cam Clark a try..

Theyve got a completly different way of doing things, If theres any problems with anything they personally give you Cam Clark the owner, And if your not 100% satisfied, Call Cam Clark himself and hell take care of you.

I Strongly reccomend them. Service work, Buying a vehicle, or detail whichever it is, Theyll take care of you and take car of you right

:thumbsup:

Definetly shady dudes there that work in used cars sales, If theres anybody u wanna deal with... Deal With Josh only.. everybody else is a snake, Josh is the highest up in the Sales and the most honest and helpful guy before and even after the buy.

Shlade
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by ReasonOne
Unless you know the owners personally (ie: On a 1st name basis with Gerry Wood), you're going to get screwed over.

To quote this, Gerry wood still hasnt done anything about my Buddys Bullitt..

Had to go in the shop at woodridge autobody and some kid took it out for a joy ride and smucked the back end into a wall causing damage to the quarter panel which would of been secretly repaired if my friend didnt come and see the car. And not to mention they burned off his new tires on the car and didnt take any responsibility for it.

And Gerry seems to be avoiding his calls... Hmmmm :rolleyes:

FivE.SeveN
04-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Throwing my 2c in here, this time for Maclin, who advertised STRAIGHT-UP "Free Oil Changes for 5 years". No asterix, no fine print. The idea was they wanted you in to keep your warranty work going, and the free oil was a nice draw.

Seems straightforward?

I go to bring in my car for my first "free" oil change and they mention that only the oil and filter are free. The labour, warranty inspection, tire rotation, etc. are not. Cost? ~35 bucks.

I laughed and walked the fuck out. Took a ton of arguing with the greasy sales managers that free really means "free". Haven't gone back, debating if a warranty is truly worth the hassle of trying to deal with these fucks, especially since cars don't intimidate me in the least.

Dont even get me started about how cheap this thing feels, and how shitty it handles. My 1st and only Ford I will buy, ever. And especially not from Maclin again. AVOID.