PDA

View Full Version : What to do about screw in tire

Cos
04-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Okay so today I learned that the sidewall on my brand new (well 4000km) tire is wrecked. I have been having a few issues with it over the last couple weeks and took it to Kal Tire today because the pressure was dropping. Before it was just a sensor light.

My tires are 285/75/18 which are an odd sized tire and it is going to cost me around $400.00 for the 1 tire from Raven (the place I originally got it) and Kal tire is going to look into a price.

Now since I got them I have been somewhat happy with them. I didnt mean to go quite so big on the tires (they are essentially 35"x10") and have been looking at getting either smaller tires or bigger rims with the same OD of tires.

Now because of this I am thinking about not replacing the existing tire and getting rims and tires. However what the hell do I do with 3 odd shaped tires and/or how could I sell them. If I replace the existing tire it is still going to last 6-10 years (they are 10 ply and the normal life is 60/100k).

Obviously financially it makes the best sense to spend the 400.00 on the replacement tire, but because I was already shopping in my head is it work spending the 600 - 1600 more for a full set of rims and tires that I could be happier with?

Sugarphreak
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM

Cos
04-29-2010, 07:29 AM
^^ I just picked up another. $430.00 later :(

Still was cheaper than the $1200 I would have to had dropped regardless.