PDA

View Full Version : Stanchions: who's interested?

Clem
12-09-2003, 02:52 PM
First for those who don't know what stanchions are:

stan·chion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stnchn, -shn)
n.
1. An upright pole, post, or support.
2. A framework consisting of two or more vertical bars, used to secure cattle in a stall or at a feed trough.

You've probably seen them at car shows, banks, line ups etc....

They are the poles/posts to where ropes or chains are attached to form line ups, or barriers (around cars, displays etc...)

That said:

(I apologize if this is the wrong forum, didn't know where else to post it)

I am in the postion where I have a lot of scrap/NFG turbine housings from CAT turbos.

With enough interest I can make stanchions using the housings as the weight for the bases.

My current idea is to use angle iron or pipe as the "feet" with a threaded pedastle (to easily remove the poles for ease of transport) with the turbine housings welded onto the angle iron/pipe feet.

The poles can have a chain link welded to it as a loop for rope or chain or it can have a flat piece of metal welded to the top as a platform (hardcore gear heads pay attention ) for speakers or what not.

The stanchions can be painted or left "raw".

Who would be interested and how much would you be willing to pay for a unique show display piece?

Clem
12-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Note to moderators and admins:

This post is not meant to be commercial. I would be happy to talk about advertising if enough interest is garnered.

ScCab
12-09-2003, 03:36 PM
:bigpimp:

1badPT
12-09-2003, 04:11 PM
My car is nowhere close to being show quality, but I would definitely consider them when it is. Cool idea.

4wheeldrift
12-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Not something I'd have any use for, but one hell of a cool idea nonetheless.