PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Sites

visualk
04-28-2010, 10:06 AM
It looks like Demonoid has gone down again, what other Torrent Sites are good to use besides ISO hunt, TOrrent Reactor...

shakalaka
04-28-2010, 10:12 AM
thepiratebay

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I always start with torrentz.com, then it links you to a whole bunch of other sites to DL the actual torrent from, including pirate bay.

spikerS
04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
revolution tt has been awesome. they are very strict with ratios though, and it can be tough to maintain it.

4lti
04-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I always start with torrentz.com, then it links you to a whole bunch of other sites to DL the actual torrent from, including pirate bay.

Hmm right now I use Iso.
For torrentz.com are all the websites it links to safe??
I find alot of torrent websites that link like that arnt to legit.

Jetta-2.0
04-28-2010, 10:47 AM
btjunkie.org

Despair*
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
www.torrentscan.com

Torrent search engine and it has links to the big providers on the left hand side so you can select what site you want to search.

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 4lti

Hmm right now I use Iso.
For torrentz.com are all the websites it links to safe??
I find alot of torrent websites that link like that arnt to legit.

I've never had a problem, but 9/10 times I just pick pirate bay, btmon, or one of the other common ones off the list to DL from anyways. Its just good because it always keeps your searches as broad as possible for when the "usual" websites don't have what you're looking for.

cam_wmh
04-28-2010, 12:52 PM
waffles.fm

Lagerstatten.ca
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
torrentleech.org is my go to destination...but hard to get in without invites.

would love to get into waffles.fm but again its hard to get into without an invite.

anyone want to swap invites?

heinz256
05-02-2010, 03:49 PM

cam_wmh
05-02-2010, 04:50 PM
is torrentleech.org primarily for movies?

whats the best private/invite only movie torrent community?
(waffles.fm is the best for music.)
ill swap a waffles invite for a invite-movie one.

Tik-Tok
05-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by spikers
revolution tt has been awesome. they are very strict with ratios though, and it can be tough to maintain it.

Almost impossible you mean. Through Demonoid, I usually only Seed for a day or two, and I have a .40 ratio, when I tried revolutiontt, I was seeding every torrent I d/l for a week, and still never broke .20, it was retarded.

Demonoid is back and running now anyways OP

Ongoing denial of service attack

There is a denial of service attack in progress that is causing extreme slowness.
We are currently working on solving the issue.

Thanks for your understanding

Update: We have the problem under control now. We'd like to thank everyone for your support and offer to help. Appreciate it.

nagooro
05-02-2010, 05:13 PM
scrapetorrent

heinz256
05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Also to add, torrentday is a pretty good site as well

GoChris
05-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
is torrentleech.org primarily for movies?

whats the best private/invite only movie torrent community?

depends what format you want, IMO for HD, the best is hdbits.org but chdbits is supposed to be very good too

mushi_mushi
05-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I agree it depends what you download. As for movies and such, I agree HD is the way to go, if I have no intention of watching something more than once I just use head over to ovguide or watch a xvid version. I used to have memberships at some of these HD sites but I didnt like the ratio system. I stick to d/l hd off megaupload, rapidshare, netload, etc, the selection is good as are the speeds. Rapidshare might be a bit slower but I can still leave a download at night and have it be done in the morning so it really doesnt make a difference. Jdownloader FTW.

cam_wmh
05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Any of you fellas wanna swap? (I can't tell if they are invite torrent sites, as all that stuff is blocked at work)

spikerS
05-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Almost impossible you mean. Through Demonoid, I usually only Seed for a day or two, and I have a .40 ratio, when I tried revolutiontt, I was seeding every torrent I d/l for a week, and still never broke .20, it was retarded.

I dont have much of an issue. I learned pretty quick to download from the home screen and download a couple of the most popular torrents in the last 48 hours, and seed those for a few days. Currently my ratio a revolutiontt is 2.44

a social dsease
05-03-2010, 02:58 PM
What client are people using? Recomendations?

torob
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I gave some revolutiontt invites (3 or 4) to beyonders, but i wasn't digging it myself

Anyone have invite to hdbits or torrentleech?
I'm looking for something for movies, mostly HD so any help back would be nice - Thanks in advance

spikerS
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
^^ yeah, i think you gave one of them to me.

drtoohotty1
05-03-2010, 04:28 PM
any chance anyone can spot me a revolution.tt invite :D i have demonid if someone wanted to trade please

TIA

mushi_mushi
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Roughly how big are your guys collections and whats the split between 720p/1080p?

GoChris
05-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by mushi_mushi
Roughly how big are your guys collections and whats the split between 20p/1080p?

I think I'm around 5TB :dunno: but not sure about the 720/1080 split. I initially had more 720, but I'm slowing replacing those for some movies.

mushi_mushi
05-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I probably have around 2TB, mostly 720p stuff as well. Im still not sure whether 1080p is worth it. About 1/5 of my collection is 1080p but I dont typically watch movies often and if I do its probably on the computer, so the added resolution doesnt really make a difference. The good 1080p release groups like Eureka are generally quite large ~12 gigs. There are groups like cinefile which are generally <10 gigs but the bitrate suffers. I havnt got a chance to compare quality on a large screen so sticking to quality 720p releases for the most part.
I wish they would hurry up and release more tv shows on bluray.

torob
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I got a few pms, just to let everyone know, I no longer have revolutiontt invites... i was just asking for some torrentleech or hdbits or some HD movies torrent from other beyonds

I have up to 3tb of movies, mostly 1080p with a good mix of 720p.. i have had lots more but I can't afford more space so i'm deleting :(

mushi_mushi
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Im running out of space too, but hard drive space is dirt cheap. 2TB is about ~130, that should last at least a few months. If your short on space im sure there are a few forum members that wouldnt mind temporarly holding some of your data untill you get a larger hard drive :P. For those of you that seed these large torrents do you end up uploading tons or do you just do it with something like ratio keeper, fooling the torrent tracker.

torob
05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by mushi_mushi
Im running out of space too, but hard drive space is dirt cheap. 2TB is about ~130, that should last at least a few months. If your short on space im sure there are a few forum members that wouldnt mind temporarly holding some of your data untill you get a larger hard drive :P. For those of you that seed these large torrents do you end up uploading tons or do you just do it with something like ratio keeper, fooling the torrent tracker.

It is pretty cheap, but my setup is fucked right now, and I need to get a dedicated HTPC to run XBMC on...
Either that or i buy a decent laptop and turn my desktop to HTPC and remote into my own desktop via LAN

I was planning to buy a laptop but i went out and got me a first car to play with..

Also if i plan to take turn dekstop to HTPC i'll need to get a video card that can pass audio from motherboard through dvi to hdmi
Lol bit complicated... should just get one of those Acer revos and cut the deal

Either way i still try to be updated with HD movies..
Disneys got my hand tied because my second cousin is in love with barbie and all the disney movies

mushi_mushi
05-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by torob

It is pretty cheap, but my setup is fucked right now, and I need to get a dedicated HTPC to run XBMC on...
Either that or i buy a decent laptop and turn my desktop to HTPC and remote into my own desktop via LAN

I was planning to buy a laptop but i went out and got me a first car to play with..

Also if i plan to take turn dekstop to HTPC i'll need to get a video card that can pass audio from motherboard through dvi to hdmi
Lol bit complicated... should just get one of those Acer revos and cut the deal

Id probably get the car too if I had a choice. Yeah I built a htpc a few years ago, for the money not really worth it. If I was doing the same thing today I would just go with something like the WDTV live. Like you said probably cheaper going with at atom ion mini pc rather than a full on desktop build.