PDA

View Full Version : Will this "buff right out"?

Strider
04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Sorry for the shitty pic... can't access any online pic hosts from work
Got hit & runned in a parking lot while shopping :whipped:

Any estimates from the body work/detailing pros?
PM me a price :thumbsup:

teggypimp95
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Hard to tell from the pic but is the paint scrapped off? Or is there a white mudge on the car?

If i can tell correctly from the pic, i could power polish that right out.

VeilOctane
04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
yeah if it is paint transfer from a white car it might come out.

inline6turbo
04-28-2010, 01:10 PM
It may be tough on the pastic bumper to work it all the way out, it'll be more likely to melt then if it was on metal. But, I'd take some wet sanding to it, a medium cut with a wool pad, and a very slow speed and slowly work at it. Might as well give it a go considering you may need to repaint it anyways lol

Ichigo
04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes it will buff right out. Im more interested in the darker shadows along the edges of the white. Can you take a closer picture of that?

Strider
04-28-2010, 01:29 PM
To be honest, I couldn't really tell if it's just paint transfer or not, but it feels a bit rough so it's probably a bit more than that.

Originally posted by Ichigo
Yes it will buff right out. Im more interested in the darker shadows along the edges of the white. Can you take a closer picture of that?
Dark shadows are just there because i wiped at the area with my hands... the car was a bit dusty

jdm_eg6
04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Regardless you will need to go to a shop to have it worked on. So head to your nearest shop or beyond.ca dealer who deals with this stuff and have it quoted.

By the looks of it, and what i have seen yes it will. and like said above for propper results a light wet sand and cut and polish is in order.

Kloubek
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Before you do all that, take a Mr. Clean magic eraser, and see how much of it comes out. Trust me - it can do wonders....

Strider
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Before you do all that, take a Mr. Clean magic eraser, and see how much of it comes out. Trust me - it can do wonders....

Sounds ghetto, but I'll give it a try... I've got a bucket of them at home.

Had another pic on my phone... probably shows a bit more.

mugen6
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Take your finger nails through it if its too deep then you'll know it wont. But it doesn't hurt to wet sand it either to smooth the surface then polish with a rubbing compound, then swirl mark remover, then paint protection. Be very carefull considering its the bumper it will burn faster, use more speed instead of pressure and never stay in the same area for a long period of time. :thumbsup:

SpeedIllusion
04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread. If I got hit and run in a parking and did not report it to the police, will my insurance tell me to fuck off cause I have no police report?

Kloubek
04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Strider

Sounds ghetto

It totally is. But when I had some paint transfer from another vehicle on mine, it came right off. It cannot, of course, repair your clearcoat. It just cleans it; sometimes to rather amazing results.