PDA

View Full Version : new eminem single "not afraid"

nonlinear
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM-0MqlIjGc

what is this bullshit? i was really looking forward to this new album after hearing the return of slim shady on relapse - but this new single is fucking shit! i would listen to kanye west if i wanted inspirational angel rap. i sure hope the rest of the album isn't like this.

88CRX
04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I like it..... 10x better then the garbage he's released the past couple albumns with farting/puking sounds.

nonlinear
04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
^^yea, I didn't like encore at all, but IMO Relapse was the dopest thing since marshall mathers lp.

signature7
04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
I like it, I'm excited for his new album. I was listening to Shady 45 today and they said how even Eminem didn't like relapse.

nonlinear
04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
wha? how could he not like it, and like this one instead. you know that the songs from both albums were all recorded in the same sessions, right? i think this is some kind of marketing ploy... relapse was the dark and depressing album, and then recovery is going to be light and uplifting. meh, i wanna bratty raps about drugs and murder hahahha. that's what i like about em.

signature7
04-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm just relaying what I heard on his radio station. Keep in mind, it wasn't Eminem who I heard say that, just the dj reporting it.

For his most recent stuff, I really enjoyed his verses in Forever and Airplanes.

nonofyobiz
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
wha? how could he not like it, and like this one instead. you know that the songs from both albums were all recorded in the same sessions, right? i think this is some kind of marketing ploy... relapse was the dark and depressing album, and then recovery is going to be light and uplifting. meh, i wanna bratty raps about drugs and murder hahahha. that's what i like about em.

noooooo.

This album was supposed to be a continuation but turned into it's own thing.

Look up the lyrics for not afraid, he apolgizes for the crap he put out on relapse haha

This is just a freestyle all over youtube right now, it's fckin sick.

Eminem - Despicable - Freestyle - Drake "Over" & "Beamer, Benz, or Bentley" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRT-GJorpss)

edit - lol just noticed it's in the other thread

nonlinear
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz

noooooo.

Look up the lyrics for not afraid, he apolgizes for the crap he put out on relapse haha

i read the press release too. however, a press release (marketing ploy) doesn't change the fact that the songs were recorded in the same sessions, and i have a feeling that this whole "recovery" thing was planned all along.

88CRX
04-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by nonofyobiz

noooooo.

This is just a freestyle all over youtube right now, it's fckin sick.

Eminem - Despicable - Freestyle - Drake "Over" & "Beamer, Benz, or Bentley" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRT-GJorpss)

edit - lol just noticed it's in the other thread

Yup, that freestyle is sick!

sloan
04-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Think it sounds good. Better then the last album. Kinda like hailies song.

CMW403
04-30-2010, 09:00 AM

this is the first thing you and i agree on, and i WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree. murder, drugs and rape. relapse was sick.

hb2k
04-30-2010, 11:47 PM
I didn't like encore at all, but IMO Relapse was the dopest thing since marshall mathers lp.

Yes.

i like this song.

4lti
04-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Thank god "Not Afraid" is a freestyle.
Its terrible.
No real sick lines. All his rhymes are way to simple, even for a freestyle.

Eminem used to be sick at freestyle but hes losing it for sure.

hb2k
05-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by 4lti
Thank god "Not Afraid" is a freestyle.
Its terrible.
No real sick lines. All his rhymes are way to simple, even for a freestyle.

Eminem used to be sick at freestyle but hes losing it for sure.

Yo man read these Lyrics (http://www.zimbio.com/Eminem/articles/MwsTSc-8V7_/Eminem+Not+Afraid+Lyrics+Show+New+Slim+Shady) and listen to the song. it tells a story man. sick double syllable rhymes through out... very high skill here.