PDA

View Full Version : Cold Gel Packs

sexualbanana
04-30-2010, 12:15 AM
I used to have these cold packs in my coach's first aid kit. They were basically ice packs, but without the fuss of leaks and having to fill it with ice. Typically they were filled with blue gel. Does anyone know where I can find them?

EDIT: They weren't chemical cold packs. I just had to keep them in the freezer or somewhere cold

Pacman
04-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I used to have these cold packs in my coach's first aid kit. They were basically ice packs, but without the fuss of leaks and having to fill it with ice. Typically they were filled with blue gel. Does anyone know where I can find them?

EDIT: They weren't chemical cold packs. I just had to keep them in the freezer or somewhere cold

I've got a bunch you can have for free. All my work samples are shipped to me in a cooler and there are always 4 of these damn things per box. I usually just toss them out, but I'm pretty sure I have a few in my storage locker. If not, I will be getting some more in a few weeks.

sexualbanana
04-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Sweet!!

So you basically have the same thing, but they're used more for the shipping cold items, I presume?

Pacman
04-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Sweet!!

So you basically have the same thing, but they're used more for the shipping cold items, I presume?

They are used for shipping insulin. If you keep them in the freezer overnight, they will freeze to a solid block and then after a few hours will become a bit flexible as it starts to melt. I believe they are made by Cryopak.

I know there are some gel packs that won't freeze and are more flexible regardless of how long you freeze them.........these are not them.

Let me know if you want them. I'm pretty sure I have some in my storage locker and can try to grab them on the weekend or on Monday.

James