PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on The Offspring: Splinter

4wheeldrift
12-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Just curious to hear what other people think of this album. I personally love it, but I'm biased because I'm a huge offspring fan from their first album till now. The way they experimented with different sounds is very cool, really fleshes out many of the tunes.

littledan
12-09-2003, 08:34 PM
sorry man... not trying to be a bitch. but i fucking CAN'T STAND the offspring... :banghead: everytime i hear one of their songs on the radio station that my coworker listens to i want to beat her over the head with my computer monitor... *woooosssaaa*

p3nnywi5dom
12-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Does it sound the same as Conspiracy?
I didn't like that at all.

Davetronz
12-10-2003, 11:33 AM
I heard that it sounds a lot like Smash.
Always been a big fan of their old stuff..

4wheeldrift
12-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
I heard that it sounds a lot like Smash.
Always been a big fan of their old stuff.. It does, but it doesn't. Of the 12 tracks, 6 are really hard core punk a la smash and older. The other 6 have a rather experimental tone to them (a couple can't really be classified as punk except for lyrically). It's like the band sat down and said "Ok, here's six tracks that prove we can rock as hard as we ever have. And here's six more that prove we're more than a one trick pony." I personally love the album, but I think some of the offspring fans who long for "the good ol' days" ie pre-Ixnay are going to be disappointed by some of the different ie non-punk stuff that is on there.