PDA

View Full Version : Opp pulls over mini club

Phenix
05-01-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.gencoupe.com/autoblog/35551-canadian-police-pull-over-entire-mini-convoy.html

Check out this link. The opp are real hero's here.

kenny
05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Heres a tip, if you're going to let the cops know you're doing a cruise: Don't drive 30 over the limit. :rofl:

TomcoPDR
05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Anyone got links to that vid? :rofl:

whiskas
05-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Bad move letting the cops know. They usually jump onto cruises like flies on shit and are looking for anything to pull you over.

On the last big S2000 cruise we had a few shadowing us all the way out of the city. You could see them systematically going alongside the convoy running plates. We all drove like angels so no drama.

http://imgur.com/FzwsX.jpg

911fever
05-01-2010, 01:43 PM
wow that's a douche move, the OPP here are ruthless and make the CPS look like great helpful neighbors in comparison. Great job, Ontario stormtroopers.

eglove
05-01-2010, 06:58 PM
WOW :facepalm:

BerserkerCatSplat
05-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Heres a tip, if you're going to let the cops know you're doing a cruise: Don't drive 30 over the limit. :rofl:

Bingo. This really isn't a difficult concept.

Alak
05-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I was with my cousin one time in ontario, there was this guy in a european sports car seriously tailgating us on the highway. We're driving a 1 ton dodge pulling like a 40 foot enclosed trailer with a race car in it (since we were going to race day). We tried to shake him but this driver just kept following a hair behind us, whatever we did.

After about 100kms of driving, we had to stop for fuel. Turns out the tool was a plain clothes, off duty OPP. Called in his buddies to the fuel stop and charged us under the new street racing law, confinscating the truck, trailer and the whole thing for a week.

Never really found out why. Maybe the OPP were trying to eliminate the competition.

Canmorite
05-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Wow, what a douche move :thumbsdow

sjaswal
05-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Alak
I was with my cousin one time in ontario, there was this guy in a european sports car seriously tailgating us on the highway. We're driving a 1 ton dodge pulling like a 40 foot enclosed trailer with a race car in it (since we were going to race day). We tried to shake him but this driver just kept following a hair behind us, whatever we did.

After about 100kms of driving, we had to stop for fuel. Turns out the tool was a plain clothes, off duty OPP. Called in his buddies to the fuel stop and charged us under the new street racing law, confinscating the truck, trailer and the whole thing for a week.

Never really found out why. Maybe the OPP were trying to eliminate the competition.

....so to get a "prick" off your ass whilst pulling a 40' trailer - you speed up? did you ever think of slowing down and let the mutton fucker just pass you. Too bad they didn't add more charges. There's speeding, then there's speeding with a crapload of extra weight that may need to be controlled in an emergency situation.

Usually when someone catches up to you speeding, and doesn't pass, take a hint, it happens a lot with unmarked vehicles, they seem to look for and instigate that behaviour.

Alak
05-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I never said we were speeding. And Im sure OPP hands out Audi's as unmarked cars.

911fever
05-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Alak

I call serious serious BS on this. There's no European cars in the OPP... the only nice cars are Maserati's and they are for show. Also, they don't follow you, they pull you over immediately as soon as you go 50 over.

Alak
05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Orrrrrrrrr it was a disgruntled officer that was bored, off-duty driving home, or wherever and had nothing better to do. He didnt even identify himself until the other cops showed up at the gas station.

Redlyne_mr2
05-01-2010, 11:26 PM
911 fever is right, opp is the worst police force in Canada.

StreetRacerX
05-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I can't wait for our cruise on June 6, I just hope everyone behaves and nothing like this happens, but then again who knows what they might pull you over for.

Abeo
05-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 911fever

I call serious serious BS on this. There's no European cars in the OPP... the only nice cars are Maserati's and they are for show. Also, they don't follow you, they pull you over immediately as soon as you go 50 over.

I guess you haven't really delt with the OPP then... or have had a pissed off off-duty cop after you.

I'm so glad I left that province. Between the 'street racing' law, the MTO sniffer fleets, the 'street racer' stings at timmies meets, it wasn't enough to have a normal car... you couldn't even associate with 'tuner' cars without having your plates recorded and then have 'random' stops for weeks after.

Kardon
05-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Not surprised when the OPP pulled me and my dad in our stock silverado on a roadtrip, we weren't speeding or anything, those dicks just took our shitty old radar detector and gave us a ticket.

2Valve0
05-03-2010, 01:53 AM
:facepalm:
Serves every last one of those guys right. Stupid people.

Redlyne_mr2
05-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
:facepalm:
Serves every last one of those guys right. Stupid people.
The Mini drivers doing a charity drive are stupid people?

lilmira
05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Next time, just tell them you are going the opposite direction.

YamahaV8
05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

The Mini drivers doing a charity drive are stupid people?

If they are doing 30 over the limit, especially when the law enforcement knows your on a cruise, then yes they are stupid people.

Maxt
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
On cruises, you always get a few people doing pulls to see how the car compare and what not, but its usually pretty harmless..
This just looks like a total dick move by the OPP..
Most "mini" people seem to be 50+, I'll bet they were really out of control..:rolleyes:

Redlyne_mr2
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

If they are doing 30 over the limit, especially when the law enforcement knows your on a cruise, then yes they are stupid people.
Although they were speeding 20 over 100km/hr is accepted in Ontario, as the article mentioned the police stopped them right where it drops from 100 to 90.Bad deal for the mini drivers and cheap move on the OPP's part.

94boosted
05-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Bad move letting the cops know. They usually jump onto cruises like flies on shit and are looking for anything to pull you over.

On the last big S2000 cruise we had a few shadowing us all the way out of the city. You could see them systematically going alongside the convoy running plates. We all drove like angels so no drama.

http://imgur.com/FzwsX.jpg

Sweet pic!

And :thumbsdow to the OPP

911fever
05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
why do people like Mini Coopers? They are sooo gay and so femine IMO

z3124442
05-04-2010, 06:13 AM
who got links to that vid?