PDA

View Full Version : New car purchase trouble

raccoon
05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi,

I am new to the forum and would need some advice on a car purchase. A week ago I bought a new car from a dealer. Once we negotiated the deal, we were told that they did not have the colour we chose in stock and would need a week, so that they can order it. No problem, I said. We paid the agreed price and waited in total excitement for the day to pick up the car. After the one week we went to the dealership to pick up the new car and there, to our surprise, we figured that they were going to give us the car that was the floor model. Of course it was only admitted when we asked it. We refused to take the car and asked for one that wasn't a floor model (as previously we saw how that particular car was handled by customers/employees on the floor). There wasn't any. We paid the price of a new vehicle, and floor models are always sold at a discounted price. We were offered a few lame options (free oil change if we take the car), but I felt what they really wanted is us to take the car. Now they say it would take 60-90 days to get another one from the factory. And it is OK with me, but I cannot trust them any more, and I am afraid that when the new car comes in, they would do something to it in secret before we take it just to retaliate. I don't want to take the new one to an independent mechanic before accepting it from the dealer, because it would just cost extra money and who knows if he would find if something is wrong. What should I do? Any advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks a lot! Raccoon

FiveFreshFish
05-01-2010, 02:06 PM
If you aren't getting what you paid for, get your money back and go to another dealer.

bspot
05-01-2010, 02:19 PM
What's wrong with the floor model? Someone else may have sat in it a couple times??

RMS
05-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Explain how you saw the employees handled the floor model and ask for a discount accordingly?

Im pretty sure that there was like a lemon law in Canada where if you're not satisfied with the purchase, you can get it refunded or replaced