PDA

View Full Version : Check out the NEW 2011 Elantra. Wow

InRich
05-01-2010, 03:57 PM
http://autoshow.autotrader.ca/2010/05/01/hyundai-reveals-stunning-2011-elantra/

These guys the new honda or what? Cheap cars that look stunning. I'd drive it.

jsn
05-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Hyundai is really picking up their game. Even the entry level cars are starting to look great now.

mikey008
05-01-2010, 04:58 PM
HOLY...makes me wanna consider a hyundai for my next car:eek:

Speed_69
05-01-2010, 04:59 PM
WOW! Every single new Hyundai coming out looks great. :thumbsup:

revelations
05-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Looks average still ... but a big improvement.

http://www.autocarbe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/580avantegr.jpg

hyundai = win

InRich
05-02-2010, 01:18 AM
you guys fucking with me again..... ;)
its cool, I still like beyond.

911fever
05-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Hyundai has come a LONG way. great looking car!

heavyD
05-02-2010, 09:06 AM
It's good that they are starting to incorporate some individualism in their styling. I hope Japanese automakers are taking notice as much like how they surpassed domestic brands in the 90's, the Koreans are mounting their charge at the Japanese.

JordanLotoski
05-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Makes Honda look very dated

nismo_fan
05-02-2010, 09:45 AM
wow. this is going to be an awesome car. having driven every hyundai made for canada (i work there), i can personally say that hyundai is definately better than honda, toyota, and even nissan. there are some cars out there that perform better, but as an everyday cheap car, hyundai is at the front of the pack. i can't wait for the new elantra to come out!

LUCKYSTRIKE
05-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Nice to see Hyundai come out with some solid good looking designs that aren't obvious rip offs of other manufacturers models.

:thumbsup: for Hyundai.

Speed_69
05-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by nismo_fan
wow. this is going to be an awesome car. having driven every hyundai made for canada (i work there), i can personally say that hyundai is definately better than honda, toyota, and even nissan. there are some cars out there that perform better, but as an everyday cheap car, hyundai is at the front of the pack. i can't wait for the new elantra to come out!
whoa whoa whoa! Hyundai's doing great but that comment is definitely alittle extreme. Honda and Toyota is still definitely at the front of the pack.

theken
05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Hondas are so cheaply made and feeling its brutal. Toyota is the same. I have driven 1 hyundai and I did enjoy it but it wasn't as good as its hyped up to be. New cars are just cheap feeling slapped together garbage anyways.

SilverRex
05-02-2010, 03:10 PM
no top manufacturer can stay at the top for ever, however doesnt Toyota own half of hyundai?

SilverRex
05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

whoa whoa whoa! Hyundai's doing great but that comment is definitely alittle extreme. Honda and Toyota is still definitely at the front of the pack.

well it wont take long when everyone will jump into a hyundai considering the looks, and the fact that there are way too many hondas and toyotas all over the road.

911fever
05-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
no top manufacturer can stay at the top for ever, however doesnt Toyota own half of hyundai?

Nope, Hyundai owns half of Kia.
Toyota isn't getting pwned by Hyundai right now, and neither is Honda.

Xtrema
05-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 911fever
Toyota isn't getting pwned by Hyundai right now, and neither is Honda.

Depends on your definition of pwning:

2009 Global Sales: 4th in the world
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/18/hyundai-kia-overtakes-ford-as-worlds-4th-largest-automaker/

Canadian sales-wise, while Hyundai still trails Toyota by a large margin, Hyundai has been trading ranking spots with Honda back and forth for a few months now.

With expanded presence (is there like as many Hyundai dealers in Calgary as Honda?), and surge of new products, I'm sure Honda will have some competition coming up.

beyond_ban
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I personally think it is pretty meh. The lines are a little to extreme for me.

InRich
05-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I personally think it is pretty meh. The lines are a little to extreme for me.

dude the cars cheap.... and it looks decent.

JordanAndrew
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM
It doesn't really look all that special. :dunno:
It looks decent but we'll see how it drives and how long those cheap parts last.

Ukyo8
05-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Don't see what the big deal is, I personally think it looks like balls

nismo_fan
05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
It doesn't really look all that special. :dunno:
It looks decent but we'll see how it drives and how long those cheap parts last.

it does come with a 5 year warranty....and so far, in my experience, the 2008/9/10 elantra's have been very reliable and good on gas.....

Q-TIP
05-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Hyundai has made major steps in the last few years, and with the introduction of the Genesis and now the new Elantra I think they are going to start appealing to a more mainstream audience. Honda and Toyota may be making a costly mistake by eliminating their flagship young-crowd vehicles. Honda with the removal of the RSX line and Toyota with the elimination of the Celica and the Supra. While I know these cars are not their bread and butter profit machines they do project an image, and let's be frank, both Honda and Toyota are building extremely boring cars lately.

I don't expect Honda or Toyota to tank in sales, I just don't see them holding on to as much market share in the years to come unless they can get people excited about their cars again. The North American manufacturers focused on boring vehicles in the late 70's and 80's and they have determined that those cars are needed to keep up the image of the company as a whole.

I say good on ya Hyundai, maybe someday I will buy one of your cars.

beyond_ban
05-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by InRich

dude the cars cheap.... and it looks decent.

Dude, i don't care if its cheap, nor do i think it looks decent. I wouldn't spend a dime on this car.

911fever
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Dude, i don't care if its cheap, nor do i think it looks decent. I wouldn't spend a dime on this car.

Please explain as to why?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Looks bland imo.

Tik-Tok
05-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

whoa whoa whoa! Hyundai's doing great but that comment is definitely alittle extreme. Toyota is still definitely at the front of the pack.

That's because they can't slow down or even stop...

(I know, it's getting old)

Xtrema
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That's because they can't slow down or even stop...

(I know, it's getting old)

:rofl:

It's a huge set up, it would a shame not to follow thru.

A790
05-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Some people still think Hyundai and Kia are garbage. I'm guessing it's more of an image thing than anything else.

Mitsu3000gt
05-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by A790

Some people still think Hyundai and Kia are garbage. I'm guessing it's more of an image thing than anything else.

I agree...they thought they were crap 10 years ago, so why would they bother looking at one now? I hear it a lot among non-car savvy people looking for new vehicles. They scoff at Hyundai and talk about them like it was the 90's still.

94boosted
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I really like it, go Hyundai!

911fever
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM

They've both come a long way!

MGCM
05-05-2010, 12:15 AM
The Kia Forte Koup is also another big step forward for the Koreans, I like the looks and I'd honestly consider buying one once they turbo it:thumbsup:

heavyD
05-05-2010, 07:11 AM

Not to everyone as they are selling more and more cars all the time. When I think of garbage cars I think or Chrysler, Suzuki or even Mazda before I think of Hyundai. If you want a competent, inexpensive car they fit the bill and provide a lot of car for the money. If you are looking for something sporty that handles well look elsewhere as they are still lagging behind the competition in the handling department.

beyond_ban
05-05-2010, 07:55 AM

The car just does not appeal to me in any way. The Genesis coup or sedan on the other hand both have some decent attributes that would make me consider looking at them if i was in the market for either style of car.

911fever
05-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Not to everyone as they are selling more and more cars all the time. When I think of garbage cars I think or Chrysler, Suzuki or even Mazda before I think of Hyundai. If you want a competent, inexpensive car they fit the bill and provide a lot of car for the money. If you are looking for something sporty that handles well look elsewhere as they are still lagging behind the competition in the handling department.

And the power department, I find all of their engines (well maybe until 2011) are dead slow, sluggish shifting, and weak compared to Toyota, Honda, and even unreliable Mazda's. Why people love the 2011 Kia Sorento so much is because it has a 276hp and the engine actually has power

cono_sur
05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
I like this! It's definitely on the list to check out when my lease is up next summer.

j.garner
05-05-2010, 12:33 PM

And the power department, I find all of their engines (well maybe until 2011) are dead slow, sluggish shifting, and weak compared to Toyota, Honda, and even unreliable Mazda's. Why people love the 2011 Kia Sorento so much is because it has a 276hp and the engine actually has power

:werd: 138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque is just not enough power. What is this going to weight in at.

clem24
05-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by j.garner

:werd: 138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque is just not enough power. What is this going to weight in at.

Um well how much horsepower does the immediate competition have??

So far I think it looks decent, but I dunno... They always look better in concept form, drawings, and conceptions. Once it makes it into production, they usually scale back many design features due to cost constraints. I personally actually do not like the styling of the new Sonata. I thought it looked great in renderings but in real life, it just looks like Hyundai took an existing design (in this case the Camry) and just played around with it in photoshop. It seems like they did the same thing here starting with a Ford Fiesta. Hyundai is still trying to find their image.

Hyundai cars have absolutely no design cohesion across their range of cars (same goes for Kia). Every generation of a model seems to have something different and is usually based on some design fad at the time.

At least I am glad they got rid of that "tall car look" which was big .. no HUGE turn off point of the current Elantra (look at the rear wheel arch/fender).

praytothelowerd
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
:whocares:

Xtrema
07-21-2010, 06:53 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/183303opt.jpg

freshprince1
07-21-2010, 07:22 AM
I don't really like the tall, fat rear end...kinda makes me think of the ugly hybrods on the road. Interior looks nice. This is definately an improvement over what they had, of course, a big improvement from "nasty" doesn't say much.

I think they're definately making great stides in improvement, but I would not yet group them in with Honda and the like until these models provide us with 5-10 years of solid reliable performance.

That being said, my next 3 week business trip, I'm going to try and rent the new Sonata to see what these things are all about.

Redlyne_mr2
07-21-2010, 08:06 AM
I can never get past the Hyundai interiors, they try just a bit to hard. They need to work on their engines as well.

911fever
07-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I can never get past the Hyundai interiors, they try just a bit to hard. They need to work on their engines as well.

I work for Honda and I find the new Hyundai interiors are > than ours. It's unfortunate but I think Honda has dropped the ball on interiors. Engine wise, Hyundai has been terrible, but as of late (2011), the Sorento engine, the Sonata engine and the Genesis have all had great engines and powertrains.

flipstah
07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Interior sucks. That center console reminds me of those 3 piece stereos. :thumbsdow