PDA

View Full Version : Email, library access, and user account after graduation

vinc456
05-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyone know what will happen to my ucalgary email address, library card/Safari subscription and user account after graduation?

If they disappear how long do I have to backup all of my data?

benyl
05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I graduated in April 2009. I still have my email account and access to everything. I was a grad student though, so it might be different.

jensv
05-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I'd be interested in knowing this as well.

Hakkola
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
I can't speak for the email address since I never used mine, but I can still log into my.uofc 2 semesters after graduating.

I would assume they would keep everything for at least a year.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/email
This is probably a good place to start, if the info isn't there try contacting them and ask.

r0g3r
05-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I believe there was an email sent out to graduating students saying that their username/password and data will be reset/removed by... IIRC june 1st. This was for engineering.

oilerfan4lyfe
05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I graduated in Apr 2009...they said I'd have 6 months for my webmail/webdisk, but gave me an extra 3 months if I signed up for their alumni garbage, so that's what I did. They'll email you before your account expires so you can move all your stuff if you need to. You also get a new alumni email address, but you can't log into webmail, you can only forward the account to a different email address you have.

I lost my ability to access journal articles from the U of C library site so I think the library card goes as soon as you're no longer enrolled in anything.

swak
05-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I have all my class notes on blackboard from classes years ago still (at MRU).

Why do you want all that crap after graduation anyways?

Nusc
05-12-2010, 03:09 PM
You have until the end of September before you have to pay the $15 membership fee with the alumni card.

vinc456
05-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by swak
I have all my class notes on blackboard from classes years ago still (at MRU).

Why do you want all that crap after graduation anyways?

I would still use access to the library and Safari. As for email I registered for many accounts using my ucalgary address.

wintonyk
06-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I had mine last a year. The biggest piss off was losing access to journal articles so I just have friends I steal their login for.