PDA

View Full Version : Women love their new car longer than men?

jwslam
05-02-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.thepassinglane.ca/2010/04/when-it-comes-to-auto-erotica-women-love-their-cars-longer-than-men.html

A profound relationship usually starts with a chance meeting. Then love blossoms, followed by commitment. But eventually, there comes a point wherein the blissful honeymoon phase ends. Case in point: you know the honeymoon’s deader than disco when a husband gives his wife money for dinner and asks for the change.

However, at what point does the honeymoon fizzle when it comes to the love one feels toward a recently-acquired new set of wheels?

In a survey conducted by www.LeaseTrader.com, about 2,500 men and women were asked how long they “loved” their cars and at what point they finally realized the honeymoon period with their rides was kaput.

For men, the average honeymoon period was four months. Thus, after 120 days of bliss, 33% of men started parking their once-cherished vehicles closer to other cars while 22% began transporting sports equipment in the backseat.

Women, however, are more than three-times more likely to stay in love longer with their car compared to men, holding on to that loving feeling for an average of 14 months. Meanwhile, the first unwritten “rules” women start violating include: letting their spouse drive their car (39%) and car-pooling other kids (24%) for the first time.

In summary, the automotive honeymoon period is surely over when the following occurs:

For men:
 Parks around other cars (33%)
 Starts transporting sports equipment inside the car (22%)
 Cleans the car on a less frequent basis (17%)
 High-payments start bothering them (12%)
 Stops using gas mileage button (7%)
 No more fighting over who drives during long trips (3%)

For women:
 Lets spouse finally drive car (39%)
 Starts car-pooling other kids (24%)
 Starts eating in car (12%)
 Puts makeup on while driving (9%)
 Leaves clothes in car (6%)
 Starts smoking in car (2%).

TorqueDog
05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
For men:
- Parks around other cars (33%)
- Starts transporting sports equipment inside the car (22%)
- Cleans the car on a less frequent basis (17%)

Shit, I got those three. :(

Xtrema
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
120 days?

I'm on my 2nd week and I start to park next to big ass trucks already.

Although I do tend to look harder for better spots.

Cos
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow :facepalm:

x Parks around other cars (33%)
x Starts transporting sports equipment inside the car (22%) First weekend, dirt bikes
x Cleans the car on a less frequent basis (17%)
x High-payments start bothering them (12%) really really starts to bother you

G-ZUS
05-03-2010, 10:45 AM
 Parks around other cars (33%)
 Starts transporting sports equipment inside the car (22%)
 Cleans the car on a less frequent basis (17%)
 No more fighting over who drives during long trips (3%)

911fever
05-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Wow :facepalm:

x Parks around other cars (33%)
x Starts transporting sports equipment inside the car (22%) First weekend, dirt bikes
x Cleans the car on a less frequent basis (17%)
x High-payments start bothering them (12%) really really starts to bother you

I remember we did payments once on a Toyota Tacoma with your Lancer, if I recall correctly (at Heninger Toyota). Did you sell it shortly after?

max_boost
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow so true. All of the above. After awhile, just don't care which explains why most guys switch so frequently.

Redlyne_mr2
05-03-2010, 11:55 AM
12 years and still in love!!! Lol

heavyD
05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

It's like you married your high school sweetheart.;)

Cos
05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

I remember we did payments once on a Toyota Tacoma with your Lancer, if I recall correctly (at Heninger Toyota). Did you sell it shortly after?

Not right away after. About a year later. Owned this thing for just over a year.

Had the lancer for almost two years. That must have been almost 3 years ago now.

Hamann
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Shit I don't think I've ever made it to 4 Months, I do always miss my vehicles after I sell them though :(

mo_money2supe
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Originally posted by heavyD
It's like you married your high school sweetheart.;)
Except he hid her from the public for what was it? Like 7-8 years? :angel:

Personally, my last new-to-me car's honeymoon stage lasted no more than 3 weeks. Didn't help I had to use it out in the field and washing it every other day started getting a little expensive...

TomcoPDR
05-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Except he hid her from the public for what was it? Like 7-8 years? :angel:

Personally, my last new-to-me car's honeymoon stage lasted no more than 3 weeks. Didn't help I had to use it out in the field and washing it every other day started getting a little expensive...

But then it's like once he reveals it to the general public, bam, major reconstructive surgery.

Cos
05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

But then it's like once he reveals it to the general public, bam, major reconstructive surgery.

isnt that what most wives should be like. Every few years go in to get the paint re-done and the dents taken out so to speak.

Maybe HID headlights installed.

Squishy
05-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Cos

isnt that what most wives should be like. Every few years go in to get the paint re-done and the dents taken out so to speak.

Maybe HID headlights installed.
If only they had it for guys too:banghead:

Cos
05-03-2010, 06:31 PM
^^ I dont want HID's thank you very much.

;)

buh_buh
05-03-2010, 07:17 PM
 Parks around other cars (33%) nope
 Starts transporting sports equipment inside the car (22%) nope
 Cleans the car on a less frequent basis (17%) nope
 High-payments start bothering them (12%) nope
 Stops using gas mileage button (7%) nope
 No more fighting over who drives during long trips (3%) nope

I don't do any of those things and its almost been 3 years. Guess that's a good sign.

banned3x
05-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

I don't do any of those things and its almost been 3 years. Guess that's a good sign.

maybe it means your really feminine :poosie:

94boosted
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm going on 10 months now of the "honeymoon" stage. But then again it's my first new car lol.