PDA

View Full Version : Domain Registration

Ben
08-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Who is a good company to registar a domain with...this would be a brand new name that would be createdat that point...

There is register.com for example...but who is a good one to go with and is a good deal?

Zephyr
08-31-2002, 05:18 PM
i'm using onestop.net its 11 bucks a year and comes with free 10 mb of space.

speedracer
09-01-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
i'm using onestop.net its 11 bucks a year and comes with free 10 mb of space.

The catch is you have to use their service for 2 years.

Go here and just buy your domain and park it there until you can find an ISP you like. That way no messy transfers or fees you have to pay.

*cough* Avoid Telus

http://resellers.tucows.com/opensrs/

redec
09-01-2002, 12:08 AM
register.com is good, relativly expensive tho....if you just want as cheap as possible, you can't beat joker.com....it's interface isn't the nicest, but they're the cheapest ones I've found.....

van
09-01-2002, 02:11 AM
I use doteasy.com for my ever-clear.org domain.

It's a pretty okay domain. I think it's like 100 bucks a year or something and you get 24mb of space. Mine's at 50 but whatever. It's always nice and fast unless they're servicing the servers to make them even faster. I've been using it for almost 4 years now so yeah. It's good stuff.

The catch is they send spam to your e-mail. haha

Ben
09-01-2002, 02:41 AM
Thats okay...I regestered it and parked it at NameSystem.

Its a canadian company, and was only 12 bucks......now I just need to find hosting...

I'll let you all know when shes up and running...:devil: :angel:

Zephyr
09-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

The catch is you have to use their service for 2 years.

no i'm using it and there is no catch.

plus i found a very good company hosting for 9 bucks a month, 1 Gig and 12 gig bandwidth.

Ben
09-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

plus i found a very good company hosting for 9 bucks a month, 1 Gig and 12 gig bandwidth.

Well let me know...do they provide DNS serving so that I can host the domain and be able to run email addresses?

DSM Power
09-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Zephyr - which company is that? :D

Zephyr
09-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Well let me know...do they provide DNS serving so that I can host the domain and be able to run email addresses?

yep dns and you have like 15 email accounts i think....their prices went up like 4 bucks but thats like 1.2 gig of space and it is still the cheapest on the net! i'll pm u with the address..