PDA

View Full Version : Racing (Road)

swak
05-03-2010, 04:35 PM
For those of you who race, the registration is open for the Midweek Mayhem crits. (Tuesday nights at 7pm). And its only $50 for the season.

Hope to see some beyond members out this year, i know perry went out last year for a race, but i dont think they are doing the walk-in races again this year due to ABA restrictions (not 100% on that, but thats what i gathered)... Plus $50 for the whole season is damn cheap anyways.

Hope to see some of you out there.

BTW... Anyone here race at all?

Kritafo
05-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Are there any youth riders? I am looking for my son he will be 14 in July. My husband messed up his ankle to much for this year. But he may just have to resort to indoor training and go out for training rides with some of our friends that we trust to keep an eye on him.

swak
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I dont believe so, but see link:
http://www.midweekmayhem.ca/

Also PM me if you are serious about starting your son into racing.

scary_perry
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I bought the season pass including CX but did not have time to do more than one race (lots of biz travel last year).

It was very fun. There were folks of all ages.

Super_Geo
06-20-2010, 07:33 PM
What's the overall ability of these riders?

Like if it's a city loop (assuming no red lights), what's a reasonable average speed to be able to maintain?

swak
06-21-2010, 07:06 AM
this is a crit course, around a block in the university research park (no lights, but the odd car), avg. id say is 35-45? depending on the day.