PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying b-series transmission

Hash_man
05-04-2010, 10:56 AM
So, I got a motor for my swap, and am working on getting the swap done this month. I need to order a clutch and related parts and need to confirm which transmission I have.

I did a bit of searching on Honda-tech but didn't find any real answer, so here is my question.

The transmission is a cable b-series transmission from a 90-93 Integra. It says S1 on the label, followed by a bunch of numbers. I understand that 90-91 and 92-93 have a different spline count, what is the count so I can confirm this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Deetz
05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
yup!

The 90-91 Integra DA tranny uses a small spline mainshaft and the only other tranny to have this is the jdm 1st gen b series gearbox

in 1992, the newer tranny's used a larger size mainshaft which was the same in hydro tranny's also....basically 92-01 all used the same clutch.

I think an S1 is a 90-91 style because it became known as a YS1 in 92-93

I may be able to help with a clutch if you need, i have some extra

Hash_man
05-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks Deetz.. I was looking at getting myself an ACT clutch and flywheel, if you have something kicking around though let me know via PM as I may be interested. The sooner I can get the car back on the road the better.

dj_honda
05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't know about the spline count but I think the diameter is different...enough that you can tell between the 2 if you see them. If I remember right....been a while since I worked on a DA...

Maybe you can hit up a shop or a friends and take a quick peek at a hydro tranny spline and you should be able to tell if its the same or yours is smaller...?

Hash_man
05-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Big thanks to Deetz for helping me identify my trans and giving me a wicked deal on a clutch.

Big thanks to 78si for helping me out with some misc pieces I need to complete my swap.

:clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: