PDA

View Full Version : Why do you do it?

89coupe
05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
For those that body build, that is, beyond a normal physique, why do you do it?

Just curious what the mental catalyst is behind the drive to push your body above and beyond normal; to live such a strict lifestyle of diet and working out.

Does bodybuilding pay well?

A790
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
For those that body build, that is, beyond a normal physique, why do you do it?

Just curious what the mental catalyst is behind the drive to push your body above and beyond normal; to live such a strict lifestyle of diet and working out.

Does bodybuilding pay well?
It's the same reason that anyone voluntarily does anything: they enjoy it.

</thread>

shakalaka
05-04-2010, 02:10 PM
For me personally I just love it. The way I feel when I am in the gym lifting weights is well simply amazing, to say the least. And when I see the results on my body it makes me feel even better. A sense of achievement, hard work paying off kind of thing. Plus bitches be diggin' that shit yo! :bigpimp:

Crymson
05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
I like fucking hotties more than i like being lazy.

89coupe
05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm talking about bodybuilders, not just working out to have a nice body.

I'm talking about men and woman who build their bodies beyond normal.

Tony Horton workouts to stay fit and healthy. (normal)

Ronnie Coleman (bodybuilder) workouts to compete. (not exactly healthy)

shakalaka
05-04-2010, 02:14 PM

If you're talking about professional body builders (eg. Ronnie) then I am out. That's not my goal or aim. I don't see much point in that, for me personally the ultimate goal is to have a physique that attracts girls and not scare them away. lol

89coupe
05-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

If you're talking about professional body builders (eg. Ronnie) then I am out. That's not my goal or aim. I don't see much point in that, for me personally the ultimate goal is to have a physique that attracts girls and not scare them away. lol

Yeh, I'm talking about men and woman who build muscle beyond normal.

shakalaka
05-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Here's one for bodybuilding gone grossly wrong....too much synthol I guess...

http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/04/26/picture-of-the-day-im-sure-all-the-girls-will-admire-him/

EDIT: Adds on the sides NSFW

swak
05-04-2010, 03:37 PM
^^ Thats just disgusting.

Ever seen a woman bodybuilder topless?? Its f-ing disgusting.

Bodybuilding is a sport on its own yes... But i believe unless you do it for a sport, its a waste of time. Im not saying its not healthy to go and work out.. there are good sides to it as well (ie. boost in morale/self-esteem, image, etc..), but working out for sport enhancement, or something along those lines, is the best reason for working out, IMO.
Because hey, how often does one encounter the opportunity to compete in a gravel shovelling competition?

DJ_NAV
05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
So you can outrun tha police...haha.. JK

max_boost
05-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Do we have any hardcore guys like that on Beyond? oz, liquidboi, lint, kutter,+(whoever I'm missing) thought they were all just strong mofo's but probably didn't have the Coleman look along with it haha

KingVersace
05-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Fukin makes me feel good

bball2
05-04-2010, 06:35 PM
According to Arnold, it's like a 24 hour orgasm:

eI0i3gZydZo

From the pumping iron documentary

sabad66
05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I used to to be into "getting huge", but then I realized it's pointless, and the only people you impress are other dudes lol.

Now I just work out to stay fit.

BigMass
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
I used to to be into &quot;getting huge&quot;, but then I realized it's pointless, and the only people you impress are other dudes lol.

ahaha bingo!

Oz-
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.glumbert.com/media/pecs

That video provides some insight into why people do it...

liquidboi69
05-05-2010, 11:25 PM

Tony Horton workouts to stay fit and healthy. (normal)

Ronnie Coleman (bodybuilder) workouts to compete. (not exactly healthy)
I don't know if there are any of those guys on this board. Most of the guys on this board are just strength and power guys (at least that I'm aware of.)

Ronnie Coleman makes millions doing a hobbie he loves to do. So I can see the rational behind it for him. He didn't care to take AAS and blow up like he did, someone offered him a free year gym membership if he competed in amature bodybuilding event. So he did it and was good at it. Then he wanted to see how far he could take it and became world's best and made millions.

Most of the huge "above average" (relative IMO) physiques you are thinking of are most likely IFBB pros and making tonnes of money.

From what I know (and I could be mistaken), amatures are drug tested...and don't really look too much "above average" to me. Just more proportioned and way cut.

So I guess the answer short answer is yes, pro bodybuilding pays very well. And only the pro's look like freaks.

Here's an glimpse of how much a very sucessfull bodybuilder would make
fUzoivdziwU