PDA

View Full Version : Need mechanic ASAP.

rampagesauce
05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods please move if it is.

So my story's like this, i drive a 2004 mitsubishi evolution gsr. its AWD and i needed a new clutch in it, the mechanic i had do it ripped everything out to do the transmission, i bought an exeddy clutch and lightened exeddy flywheel, and now that its all ready to be put back in, the mechanic who offered to do it for me for a disclosed price (twice, he complained about wanting more for re-assembly), now bailed. keeps saying he'll do it tomorrow, or next weekend and bails every time, with stupid excuses such as "i had a nightmare last night, maybe tomorrow" and even "if you get me laid ill fix your car". im fed up with this shit, my dad needs the garage, i need my car, the cars downtime is pushing 1 1/2 months, and i cant even tow it to a shop to get it fixed as i have a jack holding half the engine up.

the garage is nicely paved and finished, heated, and well lit, all of the parts that were taken out were labelled. i have most if not all the tools to do the job i just need someone to do it.

need this car up asap, please PM me with how much you want to fix this and when your avaliable.

thanks, Adrian

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/atbader/1002262142000.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/atbader/1002282241000.jpg

Chantastic
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Where did you find this terrible mechanic, so that none of us will ever do business with him?

Someone help this guy out to get this evo back on the road!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Is that him in the red coveralls?

rampagesauce
05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
His name is Ryan Proulx and he works at Hyatt mitsubishi. and yes thats him in the red overalls.
i already have another member coming to help me on friday, thanks though.

m10-power
05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Why not just do it yourself? This isn't rocket science...

rampagesauce
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Why not just do it yourself? This isn't rocket science...
to me, this is rocket surgery, im not very mechanically inclined.

FiveFreshFish
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Those coveralls look way too clean.

Team_Mclaren
05-04-2010, 07:49 PM
time to rip this fucker apart beyond.ca:rofl:

m10-power
05-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by rampagesauce

to me, this is rocket surgery, im not very mechanically inclined.

Seems like a good time to learn

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Those coveralls look way too clean.

That's how you can tell he works at a stealership, that and the fact he wanted more to do the re-installation after negotiating the job up front. Nice dealership type of thing to do, he's probably in line for service manager...

rampagesauce
05-04-2010, 08:22 PM
im gonna learn as much as i can, nothing more infuriating then relying on others to fix your own problems.
:banghead:

Sil80_D
05-04-2010, 08:41 PM
i had a nightmare last night...

lmao

also, you can start with this DIY on Evo clutch install: http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tech_id=27&osCsid=115c40ce51d2c01849d2e523c6788755

spikerS
05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
might be an idea to send a message to the service manager at the dealership stating what is going on. Dealerships don't like their mechanics moonlighting like this.

Vr4Whore
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
if you need any future mits work done pm me, I know a VERY good mechanic that is very quick and his rate can't be compared to anyone. He loves working on Stealths..... need I say more ?

projekz
05-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Seriously dude. It's one thing to ask for help but to trash someone on the forums...Come On. Grow up.

You should tell everyone the whole story before you start whining about someone. To set the whole story straight would be to say you agreed on a set price and then lowballed Ryan after the removal was already done. Nobody is gonna work at your convenience. The other reason he is hesitating on working on your car is because you hooked your battery up backwards when you installed your horn...nobody wants to be blamed for electrical problems after trying to help you fix your car. The fact that he works for a dealership has nothing to do with anything else than he was trying to help who he thought was a friend. You expect him to drop everything and run to your house to fix your Evo after it took you a month to get parts.???

This forum is a good place for asking for help but you should keep your personal stuff between you and Ryan to text messages. BTW Ryan was ready to put your car back but I doubt he'll be willing to help now.

I'm not trying to start a war but I find this rather childish!

projekz
05-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by spikers
might be an idea to send a message to the service manager at the dealership stating what is going on. Dealerships don't like their mechanics moonlighting like this.

Is helping a supposed friend moonlighting??? I don't think so

jdmsource
05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Vr4Whore
if you need any future mits work done pm me, I know a VERY good mechanic that is very quick and his rate can't be compared to anyone. He loves working on Stealths..... need I say more ?

if this guy your talking about name is Tim then I can definately vouch for him, he knows his shit when it comes to mitsus

spikerS
05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by projekz

Is helping a supposed friend moonlighting??? I don't think so

I am sorry, but no where in the initial post does it say friend.

Are you one of the two people involved in this? if not, you should keep quiet. If Ryan wants to defend himself, he can come on here and do so and refute what is being said.

Otherwise he is just feeding you lines as to why it is not his fault.

projekz
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm sitting with Ryan right now. I saw the text messages between Adrian and Ryan. I'm standing up for what's right. I understand Adrian's problem of having a broken down Evo in his garage...I'm a car guy and it would piss me off as well. I just want to show the other side of the story. Ryan did his rear brakes for free to help him out. This whole thread probably wouldn't be here if Adrian ordered a clutch and fly wheel a month ago when he knew he needed it.:closed:

FraserB
05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
:drama:

benz_890
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
3 sides to every story

AE92_TreunoSC
05-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I dont quite understand why people with a performance car like that cant afford to have a clutch done at a shop properly.

Sounds like the OP is a cheap idiot and doesn't deserve any help, enough technicians get bad reputations as it is.

projekz
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Agreed to $500 and then you offered $200...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/projkez/05042010093.jpg

:closed: :closed: :closed:

rampagesauce
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
i dont want this to turn into a huge drama deal for everyone.

ryans logic: (i do have a witness to this as well)
he makes 30$ an hour. book time for this clutch is 6 hours. 6x 30 =180, i offered him 200$. this was cheap of course im gonna jump on it, he said this was "to do the clutch" not dissembly. if he was gonna charge 500$ like he then tried after, i wouldve went to the dealership to begin with. i have this text message as well.

yea i waited to order my parts, neither of us knew what i needed for sure. i never once blaimed the downtime on him. it was the slow usps shipping and customs holding it

he tried to blackmail me, exact words "if you dont come to this party im not fixing your car" meanwhile all i wanted to do was install my short shifter.

the battery has nothing to do with it, i replaced my ECU, and even went to the extent of replacing EVERY fuse, even the ones that appeared good. and honestly, as long as the battery is the last thing to go back in after this has all been replaced there should be no codes.

Im not looking to get him into shit, i am very impressed with hyatts work and they have the record to prove it, i simply posted where he works so he doesnt look like some back yard mechanic.

im not getting into a huge rant fest, for those that actually want the full story then just ask.

please let ryan do what he wants, im not here to destroy him and his reputation, he did a good job on my brakes and he tought some good stuff.

when ryan texted me today after work he was at the gym, kinda hard to fix cars and work out dont you think?

ANYWAYS:
thank you VR4WHORE
and thank you SIL80_D for the link, ill follow into it and start studying.

MODS: i got the help i came for. if you wouldnt mind closing this that'de be great.

thanks beyond, you guys are a savoir

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
You're really not here to give the guy a bad name? :bullshit:

rampagesauce
05-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
You're really not here to give the guy a bad name? :bullshit:
2nd post in.
i stated who he was and where he worked. and no im not here to give him a bad name, im not gonna go tell his employer about this, what he does at work is completly different. he admitted to me certain things that im not gonna repeat, if i did repeat them then i would give him a bad name.

if it bears any merit on here he also agreed to do a free oil change for me with a free filter. im now returning the filter and getting the dealership to do it all.

Mr_ET
05-04-2010, 11:21 PM
you offered 180 to do a clutch job on an AWD car? lol

97luder
05-04-2010, 11:31 PM
IMO i think $500 for an awd car is fair for sure , not sure what you guys had agreed and part of doing a clutch is disassembling and reassembling

Hope you get it back together,

i know a guy who did my clutch in my GTR charged 450 and took about 4 hours

if you can get it to his shop let me know and ill give him a call :thumbsup:

Mr_ET
05-05-2010, 08:18 AM
So you made a thread, it back fired and now you want it closed?

Glad we could help:thumbsup:

Stuntmonkey
05-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Its a 6 hr job at a dealership when you have a lift. Doing this shit on the floor is a litttttttle bit harder and includes a lot more swearing/skinned knuckles.

scat23
05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
To the iPhone user. Press home and power button same time to take a screen shot.

3 sides to story is right. I hope you get your car fixed, but damn, don't be a cheap bastard!

blackpeople
05-05-2010, 10:23 AM
You cant buy a race car and be cheap mang.

And Ryan you make me laugh lol Sometimes i miss that place

inline6turbo
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
To me this all sounds silly. How well did you know him? Consider each other friends before this or no? In my circle of friends we help each other out all the time and never ask for money. So unless you were complete strangers, I think asking $500 for a clutch job "favour" is a little far fetched. A friend of mine works at Platinum Mitsu and when a mutual friend blew his engine he came in a swapped them for a handshake. Maybe that's just us though. Also a mechanic from Brasso came in and helped us do a clutch job on a GTR a while back, not friends, and it was for a case of beer.

For $500 I would have just paid a dealership to do it, don't you get warranty with their work too?

:dunno:

Glad you got it sorted out though! I like your car :)

YamahaV8
05-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Stuntmonkey
Its a 6 hr job at a dealership when you have a lift. Doing this shit on the floor is a litttttttle bit harder and includes a lot more swearing/skinned knuckles.

:werd:

Not to mention the average dealership labor rate it $120 so the job would have cost you $720 in just labor. Also, I don't know about hyatt but some dealerships will only install OEM parts and wouldn't touch your aftermarket clutch. So to get your clutch done at your pace, in your garage, with a trained and licensed mechanic for $500 seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Vr4Whore
05-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jdmsource

if this guy your talking about name is Tim then I can definately vouch for him, he knows his shit when it comes to mitsus

That's him ! I love owning GTOs when Tim is around haha

forced_eg
05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
To me this all sounds silly. How well did you know him? Consider each other friends before this or no? In my circle of friends we help each other out all the time and never ask for money. So unless you were complete strangers, I think asking $500 for a clutch job "favour" is a little far fetched. A friend of mine works at Platinum Mitsu and when a mutual friend blew his engine he came in a swapped them for a handshake. Maybe that's just us though. Also a mechanic from Brasso came in and helped us do a clutch job on a GTR a while back, not friends, and it was for a case of beer.

For $500 I would have just paid a dealership to do it, don't you get warranty with their work too?

:dunno:

Glad you got it sorted out though! I like your car :)

I think changing a light bulb or installing a stereo is a favor for a friend, swapping a clutch is a different story. Maybe the mitsubishi tech is mechanically inclined and the mitsubishi owner is fucking useless, wheres the trade-off?

I would have charged about 400 if it were in a shop on a hoist, so 500 on the ground sounds about right.

No customer supplied parts are not under warranty anywhere

rampagesauce
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
for 500$ i would have gladly spent the extra money to get it done at a dealership.

as for how well i knew him, i went to cubs or scouts with him, cant remember which one, then we kinda talked a bit in highschool, then tried being friends shortly before all this went down. and its the same deal between me and my friends, if someone gets stuck, breaks something, or needs a ride home no-matter the time, pay for some tims and we call it even.

and forced eg, i understand what mean too, i was pretty useless through all of this, but i helped out however i could whenever i could. basically just handed tools, managed jacks, and helped lift things. not much i could do really.

Phenix
05-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I did my clutch on my v6 tib and it cost 700 and that was with my supplying the clutch and flywheel.

500 would be a deal and to see it being done would have been way better

epp01
05-06-2010, 03:07 PM
for 500$ i would have gladly spent the extra money to get it done at a dealership.

as for how well i knew him, i went to cubs or scouts with him, cant remember which one, then we kinda talked a bit in highschool, then tried being friends shortly before all this went down. and its the same deal between me and my friends, if someone gets stuck, breaks something, or needs a ride home no-matter the time, pay for some tims and we call it even.

and forced eg, i understand what mean too, i was pretty useless through all of this, but i helped out however i could whenever i could. basically just handed tools, managed jacks, and helped lift things. not much i could do really.

How do you figure 30 an hour!? And pay him flat rate at 30 an hour? Are you retarded? That's 6 hours time with a lift, all his tools and another guy helping normally. Not on your garage floor, and you were to pay flat rate at Mitsu it'd be more like 125 an hour times 6. Seems like buddy was trying to help you out and you didn't want to pay up. I have no idea who your mechanic friend is but 500 for an AWD car like an EVO is VERY far.

Seems like him ditching out on you know is just far karma for trying to bash him and not agreeing to pay on the set price you guys pre-agreed on.

rampagesauce
05-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by epp01

How do you figure 30 an hour!? And pay him flat rate at 30 an hour? Are you retarded? That's 6 hours time with a lift, all his tools and another guy helping normally. Not on your garage floor, and you were to pay flat rate at Mitsu it'd be more like 125 an hour times 6. Seems like buddy was trying to help you out and you didn't want to pay up. I have no idea who your mechanic friend is but 500 for an AWD car like an EVO is VERY far.

Seems like him ditching out on you know is just far karma for trying to bash him and not agreeing to pay on the set price you guys pre-agreed on.

me? i think your retarded. you obviously read the whole math equation i posted on here, but didnt read "his logic, not mine" as in, thats what HE told ME. and 500 wasnt the original price. there was actually alot of numbers bouncing around of us bargaining back and forth. and 200 is what we settled on, still.

i looked at it this way, 120$x 6 is 720$ if he was charging me 500$ i would have went to dealership due to better working conditions, they break they fix, and less hassle. and why wouldnt i pay up? you think i like my car like this? i decided i didnt want him as a mechanic because he kept stalling, excuses like nightmares, and him texting me saying "if you dont get me laid i wont fix your car" how would you react if your mechanic told you that?

igotsabema
05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
:drama:

Zewind
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
:hijack:

FraserB
05-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by igotsabema
I dont get why this thread hasnt been closed yet, sounds like a personal attack. In the forums rules it states no personal attacks at the very top.

Hi Ryan:clap:

marcl
05-30-2010, 05:16 PM
rampagesauce you need to think about what you wrote about this guy alittle more. he's done the schooling and everything to gain the skill to fix your car, and you seem to think his lower rate than the dealership is a bad deal.

its AWD to start. hes sitting on your dirty garage floor, he probably has had to run back and forth to grab the tools to work on it. your getting a nice lowered rate than a dealership from a guy who knows what he is doing. its better than ur back yard mechanic friend that would do it while drinking beer, and breaking wiring connectors and shit. i have friends ask me alll the time to work on there cars for free. and everytime i tell them no. ive taken the time to learn the skills to do what i do, why would i give it away for free.

on top of that, your talking about a person not a business. it would be like me coming on here complaining that the neighbor hood kid did a shitty job cutting my grass after i told him i would give him 40 bucks and half way through told him im only gonna give him 10.

if you agreed you agreed. id leave ur car sitting there to if you cryed to me half way through that it was to expensive.