PDA

View Full Version : CarProof Help

dj_rice
05-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Just needing some help on those knowledgeable with Carproof reports.

I only see one record for I believe it was registered?And nothing else new since, talked to the owner, he bought it 6 years ago from a VW dealership in BC. Its been parked for 4 years, but regularily started up and driven around the block. Just wanting to know if since there is only 1 record, does that mean its still registered and insured to the same person?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r470/djrice1234/carproof.jpg

Also, ever since the guys bought it, barely drove for 2 years, and its been parked for 4 years, he's never changed the tranny fluid, front/rear diff fluids etc except regular oil changes. Are these fluids safe sitting there for 4 years being not driven?Cars in BC btw.

revelations
05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I wouldnt worry about it too much if it starts and runs fine.

The climate in Surrey (the weather climate) isnt that harsh for vehicles - unless it was parked under a tree or something.

I'd change the oil and battery though as they are likely on their last legs.

dj_rice
05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by revelations
I wouldnt worry about it too much if it starts and runs fine.

The climate in Surrey (the weather climate) isnt that harsh for vehicles - unless it was parked under a tree or something.

I'd change the oil and battery though as they are likely on their last legs.

I see, cause I'm heading out there next month to take a look at it and pick it up so want to make sure its all good.

So anyone have any info on the registration stuff?

revelations
05-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Call up the Burnaby CAA and have one of their mobile techs pay a visit to the vehicle.

I've done this twice, it used to be $150, not sure what it is now but definitely worth the money. These guys are the shit.

dj_rice
05-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Call up the Burnaby CAA and have one of their mobile techs pay a visit to the vehicle.

I've done this twice, it used to be $150, not sure what it is now but definitely worth the money. These guys are the shit.

What do they do?

jacky4566
05-04-2010, 11:30 PM
VIN reporting is not mandatory in Canada unlike the states so the information on such sites is only done by people/companies who volunteer to do so.

This is only what iv heard so feel free to correct me.

revelations
05-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
What do they do?

Mobile vehicle inspections - onsite.