PDA

View Full Version : Good Restaraunt In Airdrie?

goat_killer
05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Me and my wife just moved into Airdrie a couple weeks ago. We've got my parents visiting from out of town and we'd like to go out for dinner tonight. Any reccomendations?

We've already tried Mr. Mike's earlier this week.

malcolmk14
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Mr Mikes is crap.

Paros on Main does good Greek, the lamb is locally sourced and excellent and their potatoes are good.

Brewsters is always a solid option, they have an ok menu. Better than any of the other chain restaurants in Airdrie (BP's, Mr. Mikes).

Sushi Haru is surprisingly ok, it's in the little strip mall with Sears on Main St.

There's an indian place by 7-11, across from Saint Martin de Porres school. I can't remember the name right now but it's good.

There aren't a lot of dining out options in Airdrie, but you can definitely find good stuff.

Gorilla
05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
check out pauls pizza.. awesome pasta and pizza
Sushi Haro is pretty good
Brewsters opened up next to the superstore
There is an original joes opening soon too

mr2mike
05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by malcolmk14
Mr Mikes is crap.

Don't talk about me like that.

kidding... I'm not affiliated with that crappy place.

xxxazntigerxx
05-08-2010, 04:22 PM
mr mike is gross hot girls make up for the food?

corsvette
05-08-2010, 04:46 PM
+1 for Paul's pizza,they serve good steaks too.

anothers10
05-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I like casa mia, its on 567 by joeys only.

nonlinear
05-11-2010, 09:44 AM
hrm, Paul's Pizza? Never heard of it, but then again, i've never eaten in Airdrie. is it worth a drive from calgary? I would be REALLY interested in seeing a pictoral review.

malcolmk14
05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
hrm, Paul's Pizza? Never heard of it, but then again, i've never eaten in Airdrie. is it worth a drive from calgary? I would be REALLY interested in seeing a pictoral review.

It's not bad. Worth a shot if you've got nothing else to do and want to drive out to Airdrie. I like their dry ribs with honey garlic sauce. *droooool*

Their pizza is actually pretty good.

im2fst4u
05-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

Leo (one of the owners) is an amazing chef! Great food, great service. Portions are very reasonable as is their prices.
Their clubhouse is one of the best I have had.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cos
05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
+1 for casa mia and pauls pizza. Depends what you want in food.

We drive from coventry hills for both places so that gives you an okay idea how much better it is than the stuff in coventry. I guess Amici's is good but the service I have had there over the last while has been horrible.

nagooro
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Paros on main. chicken wrap + potatoes :drool:

sugahsugah
06-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Paros on Main - their greek food is hit and miss. Their decor is beyond hideous and when sitting in a booth, you're essentially sitting on a hard piece of plywood. The cushioning is completely flat. I'm in my 30s and went there for dinner and it was horribly uncomfortable. Maybe I need more padding. Given the cheap and tacky decor, I would truly be embarassed to take someone there.

Casa Mia - I find their food blah. Their pasta dishes are very bland and not much better than opening up a can of Chef-Boy-Ardee. Caesar salad is disgusting and unlike what you would expect for a so-called "Italian" restaurant. Yuck.

Our Flames - stay away from the dining room. The service is terrible, the wait staff are completely daft, nothing is remotely "freshly made", it's served cold (if the waitress hasn't screwed up your order). Double yuck. Their take-out/delivery pizza, however, is extremely good (amazing crust and sauce)

Mr Mikes - the dippy little waitresses are beyond annoying; coming back to your table every 10.2 minutes to ask how everything is and if you need anything. Sucking up for a tip much? Nobody wants to be freaking harassed/stalked while eating their meal. Total overkill. Food pretty good.

Pizza Hut - a colossal nightmare. How they stay in business is beyond me. Stopped there once 2 years ago for a quick dinner of pizza and they were out of almost everything. Then their freezer was 'on the fritz' and most stuff they couldn't prepare as it hadn't been properly refrigerated or kept frozen. Ordered their lasagna which was horrific; so much so that I had only one bite and left.

Boston Pizza - is good but good God, their menu never changes. Same old menu from 10 years ago. BORING.

Brewsters - ate their once, for dinner, it was good food if I recall correctly. If you were like me, though, and had heard so much about their famous "raspberry beer" and were dying to try it, save the money. Nothing more than a tall glass of beer with a few raspberries rolling around in the bottom of the glass. Woopee doo.

Kilarney's - over by Safeway. Last ate there a couple of years ago. Their pasta dishes were really good, I found. Not sure how things are now; anytime I'm around there in the evening or on the weekend, the parking lot is dead in front of there so not sure if they're closed or just no business.

ReasonOne
06-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I personally know 2 people who got food poisoning at Our Flames - STAY AWAY!!!!

Paros - food is usually very good, but I have a connection with the owners and the staff make a point of treating me well whenever I pay a visit. Agree with the uncomfortable seats and the hideous decor.

Mr. Mikes - Agree about the annoying waitresses. They constantly pester you to the point of you actually wanting to take your food to go.

Pizza Hut - Horrible. I ordered 2 pizzas for some friends who were doing work on my house. They managed to screw the order up twice. I got so mad they gave me 4 pizzas and 2 2L bottles of pop no charge just to not deal with me in their restaurant. Two of the pizzas belonged to the guy behind me and he blew a gasket right after I left.

Gorilla
06-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by nagooro
Paros on main. chicken wrap + potatoes :drool:

This place is garbage, everything food, decor :barf:

GL86
06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Sushi Haru is amazing! Just there yesterday. Best sushi I have ever had since Top Gun on BC.

Anomaly
06-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by GL86
Sushi Haru is amazing! Just there yesterday. Best sushi I have ever had since Top Gun on BC.

Sushi Haru was a nice surprise, also very friendly staff

Two lesser known places;

Peppercorns - On the East side, despite being in a shitty little strip mall by the highway, good food!

Tandoori Aroma - Located in the Horsemen hotel ( :barf: ) Good indian buffet

Paul's Pizza, Athena's, or Brewsters are probably your safest bets.

Machi
06-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sugahsugah
Brewsters - ate their once, for dinner, it was good food if I recall correctly. If you were like me, though, and had heard so much about their famous "raspberry beer" and were dying to try it, save the money. Nothing more than a tall glass of beer with a few raspberries rolling around in the bottom of the glass. Woopee doo.

Next time try a beer-lini... nothing beats a beer slurpee! lol