PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Satelite Radio: Antenna Error

nagooro
05-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Had sirius in my car now for about 2 years with no issues. Since yesterday morning my sirius radio has been getting an "Antenna Error".
Anyone ever get this error before or know a fix for it?

Tik-Tok
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Unplug your antenna from the unit, and plug it back in, and check if the antenna wire is pinched anywhere.

RickDaTuner
05-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Unplug your antenna from the unit, and plug it back in, and check if the antenna wire is pinched anywhere.

What he said, if not the microwave receiver is burnt out. and you need a new antenna.

nagooro
05-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Pretty unfamiliar with these things, but the deck in my car is sirius compatible so I bought a unit (looks like a little black box) that they put somewhere in my car, any idea where id find this to check the connections?

Phenix
05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
follow the wires

Tik-Tok
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by nagooro

Pretty unfamiliar with these things, but the deck in my car is sirius compatible so I bought a unit (looks like a little black box) that they put somewhere in my car, any idea where id find this to check the connections?

Don't know what you drive, but of the few vehicles I've seen that are Sirius capable, the box is usually in the usually in the trunk behind a panel. (on Audi's anyways)

nagooro
05-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Don't know what you drive, but of the few vehicles I've seen that are Sirius capable, the box is usually in the usually in the trunk behind a panel. (on Audi's anyways)
It's a 2001 celica (with a pioneer deck), I will look around later today.
Thanks for the replies!

Ineeda370Z
05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Usually that error is displayed when you sat radio module fails try auto temp they carry the parts you need and do good work.

nagooro
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ineeda370Z
Usually that error is displayed when you sat radio module fails try auto temp they carry the parts you need and do good work.
Got it installed at bestbuy so ended up going there and talking to them. Booked me in with the installation department to check the wiring and bought a $50 replacement antenna just in case the antenna was the issue.

In the end it was the antenna. Hopefully I get more life out of the new one. Last one was working for ~2 years.

MUNDA
05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by nagooro

Got it installed at bestbuy so ended up going there and talking to them. Booked me in with the installation department to check the wiring and bought a $50 replacement antenna just in case the antenna was the issue.

In the end it was the antenna. Hopefully I get more life out of the new one. Last one was working for ~2 years.

Which bestbuy?