PDA

View Full Version : Shaw PVR is starting to piss me off

DayGlow
05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Until this last year I have had a media PC with M$ media center happily running with TV tuner cards acting as my PVR.

Finally we could afford a nice big TV and we decided to upgrade to HD TV at the same time. Since you can't do HD on media center I had to spring for a Shaw PVR. No biggy, interface isn't as nice, but in the end I just want to watch TV, flashiness is second.

Now we are running into a huge headache of an issue. I want to record a program, but it's fist showing is during a popular time block and we already have 2 shows recording at that time. Well it shows again after midnight so I try to setup to record a series from the midnight time slot. No-go. The PVR will default to the prime-time slot every time, no matter how many times I point it to the other showing. Never had that problem with media center, it was smart enough to find alternate times to record a show if the time slot is already taken up by recordings. I can manually set the show to record at the different time, but I'll have to stay ontop of the listings to keep it going, which defeats the purpose of the PVR.

Does Telus TV have this issue? The fact that it has multi-room PVR and this may tip the scales for me, I hope not as I hate Telus with a passion.

Ripper
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure why it defaults to prime-time for you, that doesn't happen for me. On busy nights I always record 1 or 2 shows late.

HondaKid
05-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Call Shaw, mine does not default to PT. Sounds like a set-up issue, Shaw will walk you through the thing.