PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2010 TV Schedule in Canada (and live streaming online)

HondaKid
05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
FROM A CBC BLOG:

56 of the 64 games at the World Cup will air live on the main CBC network. The remaining eight games will air on a tape-delayed basis.

On each day from June 22 to June 25, two first-round games will take place simultaneously at 9:45 am ET and two again at 2:15 pm ET.

When there are two games going on at the same time, one will air live on the main CBC network and one will air live on Bold, the CBC's digital channel. As soon as the two simultaneous games are over, the one that aired live on Bold will then air immediately on a tape-delayed basis on the main CBC network.

And, of course, all games will be streamed live and made available on-demand on CBCSports.ca.

Here is a list of all the games being broadcast in Canada, we can also watch online for free at the CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/broadcast.html

Streaming Games:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/

afrotl
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks man can't wait

rvd
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Sick, thanks for posting the info.

Russo
05-06-2010, 10:01 PM
nice!!! online broadcast ! awesome! thx dude!

jdmSiR
05-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks a lot man

BigShow
05-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you! Italy all the way!

Aleks
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Is bold available on Shaw?

Skyline_Addict
05-06-2010, 11:00 PM
sweet

Oz-
05-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Thank you. Looks like I will be having a few early mornings to watch the games live.

HondaKid
05-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Is bold available on Shaw?

It must be, I am calling Shaw one day soon to make certain.

I sure hope CBC is using the BBC feed for the games and not the USA. Really I cannot listen to the play by play from the southern "experts".

sheik_yerbouti
05-07-2010, 12:36 AM
9:15 and 2:15 . Say goodbye to productivity at work.

Aleks
05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by HondaKid

It must be, I am calling Shaw one day soon to make certain.

I sure hope CBC is using the BBC feed for the games and not the USA. Really I cannot listen to the play by play from the southern "experts".

The british commentators are witty. I like listening to them too haha. Let us know what you find out about Bold.

E90_330xi
05-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Bold is on Shaw digital channel 96

It's a speciality channle so it probably costs to watch, although during the Olympics in Beijing they were showing live events for free

Hopefully they do the same for the World Cup

HondaKid
05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by E90_330xi
Bold is on Shaw digital channel 96

It's a speciality channle so it probably costs to watch, although during the Olympics in Beijing they were showing live events for free

Hopefully they do the same for the World Cup

Not HD! Brutal. Thought it was a channel for big girls. Not slumming it in the sub 200 channels, never, never, never.... well other than the Food Network.

kamakurakid
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Commentators have been announced:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/news/story/2010/05/12/sp-cbc-coverage-team.html?ref=ff-twit

Seems OK.

911fever
05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
sweet!

bball2
05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Awesome! Can't wait :D

Gainsbarre
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by kamakurakid
Commentators have been announced:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/news/story/2010/05/12/sp-cbc-coverage-team.html?ref=ff-twit

Seems OK.

Ah, it's THE John Collins -- former captain of the Scottish national team. I used to always walk by that chiropractic place in Bankers Hall and notice one of the names on the door (Dr. John Collins), but given that it's a fairly generic name I'm pretty certain it's not the same guy :rofl:

He will be joined in CBC's Toronto by John Collins. Collins played for Hibernian, Celtic, Monaco, Everton and Fulham over a 19-year career. He represented Scotland from 1988 to 1999, making 58 appearances and scoring 12 goals. Collins featured for Scotland in Euro '96 and in the 1998 World Cup. He famously scored against Brazil in the '98 World Cup.

The famous goal was just a penalty, but it did tie the game up at 1-1 ... If only the ball didn't take a funny bounce off Tom Boyd in the second half (causing an own goal), Scotland would have salvaged a point in that game against Brazil.

Not the guys I'm used to hearing on commentary during international football matches though.... For the most recent big tournament (Euro 2008) it was always this Scotsman (Derek Rae I think) doing the play-by-play (very thick accent) and this Irishman (Tommy Smythe?) doing colour analysis (even thicker accent). Commentators from that part of the world (especially if their accents are strong, like those two guys) always seem to add a special feel to the matches.

Aleks
05-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Looks like Ballack (German captain) is hurt and won't play :eek:

Jim Rome99
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
No World Cup in HD?

HondaKid
05-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Yeah the Germans are down for sure with that news, real big loss, far bigger than Beckham being out of the England team.

C4S
05-19-2010, 05:09 PM
AWESOME!!! :clap: :clap:

snoop101
05-19-2010, 05:13 PM

:cry: NOOOOO

By the way anyone know the pubs that will have all the games on their TV's through out world cup downtown. I told my boss that I am watching every game if he likes it or not.

HondaKid
05-19-2010, 05:13 PM
PPV coming on Shaw:

England vs. Mexico Ð International Friendly Ð Live from London
May 25

Japan vs. England Ð International Friendly Ð Live from Austria
May 31

HondaKid
05-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
No World Cup in HD?

Sure it is in HD, what makes you think otherwise? I just confirmed this with Shaw a minute ago.

AND NOW I read this:

http://www.truthandrumours.net/2010/05/13/some-hdtv-missing-from-cbcs-world-cup-coverage/

"The footy crowd has found a flaw in the CBCÕs World Cup coverage.
HereÕs what it is: The cable channel, Bold, which will function as the CBCÕs secondary World Cup carrier, is not available in high definition TV.
That, of course, wonÕt affect standard definition TV users, but it will handicap the viewing, to some degree, of the HDTV audience.
Bold, a CBC cable channel, will air live telecasts late in the first round when two games are scheduled simultaneously.

For example, on June 22, Mexico plays Uruguay at 9:45 a.m. ET. Also at that time, France plays South Africa. The CBCÕs main network, with HDTV, will air Mexico-Uruguay. Bold, without HDTV, will pick up France-South Africa.
To its credit, CBC will turn around and immediately air a repeat of France-South Africa at noon on the main channel in HDTV.

Bold will be used by the CBC primarily as a World Cup encore channel, but that also presents a bit of a problem. Fans, at work during the day without access to a personal computer or mobile devise, will see the games for the first time in the evenings.

The CBC main network will carry a Òmatch of the dayÓ in HDTV in prime time. But the remainder of the dayÕs games will be limited of Bold in SDTV. HereÕs the CBCÕs first round sked.

The World Cup tournament starts June 11 and runs for a month. The CBC will have Brenda Irving of CBC Sports and Kim Brunhuber, an author and CBC national correspondent, in South Africa to file reports.

The studio panel will consist of Jason De Vos, a former Canadian team captain who did some good work for the CBC at the Beijing Olympics; announcer Nigel Reed; Bob Lenarduzzi, another former Canadian team member, and John Collins, a former Scotland player.

CBCSports.ca also will provide analysis from CBCSports.caÕs John Molinaro; Cape Town SuperSport commentator Mark Gleason; South American soccer writer and BBC broadcaster Tim Vickery, and Madrid-based guardian.co.uk soccer columnist and commentator Sid Lowe.

The CBC will use host broadcast British announcers; the games will be streamed and also available on mobile devices."

All games on BOLD will be in crapTV and not HD. Glad to see Sid Lowe is involved, listen to him all the time on The Guardian podcast:

Guardian Football Weekly Podcast (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly)

DJ_NAV
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
mobile devices broadcast...sweet!

fast95pony
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I heard rumours on another forum that Bold is going HD before the World Cup begins . :clap: