PDA

View Full Version : Rock Auto

Kozikman
05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Sup guys, I got a discount code here for rockauto.com I don't have anything to buy at the moment so I thought someone else can benifit from it.

code: 29051832399395

Expires may 9, 2010

Cheers

ROBOCOP
12-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I just got a quick review for Rock Auto at rockauto.com

I ordered a timing belt kit four days ago and selected Ground (consolidated) shipping and it arrived to me in THREE days. At first I thought I'd get ass raped with brokerage because they sent me a tracking number that was UPS! To my surprised though there was not only NO BROKERAGE or duties, the top left corner of the UPS sticker indicated a return address in CALGARY just off 27 st NE. I'm assuming it's a warehouse that either had my parts or Rock Auto shipped my timing belt kit there and then sent it to me in one day via UPS.

Just thought I'd share my POSITIVE experience using Rock Auto instead of all the negative comments you read about ordering auto parts from the US and its brokerage. I saved over $150 compared to autopartsway and other Canadian online car part sites and over $300 from ordering from the stealership. Now, for anyone ordering from Rock Auto in the near future, I would suggest you message them first to see if there will be any brokerage due all their different warehouse locations, I know I will make sure again next time I order.

I used this coupon code for 5% off, you put this in the box where they ask How you heard about Rock Auto: A4264E97BE89

Enjoy!

Unknown303
12-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Rock Auto never charges you extra. The price you pay at checkout is exactly what it will be when it's delivered. I'm pretty sure they even state that somewhere on their site which I really like about ordering from them.

Sugarphreak
12-13-2013, 10:58 PM

schocker
12-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Love rock auto. Have bought a bunch of parts for the volvo. Shipping can be expensive on the heavier items but it is still cheaper than locally. ie, bought pads/rotors all round and it was $125 then shipping was $75

Maxt
12-14-2013, 01:07 PM
You have to play a bit with your parts order when ordering a bunch of parts.. I save a lot on shipping by adding parts one by one and seeing what effect it has on the shipping charges. Sometimes you can add a few parts and the shipping hardly moves up at all, then you add one oil filter and it goes up by 25.00, so I will start a second order and then get the shipping number low again and start the adding game all over again.
But overall the pricing is great even with shipping, often cheaper than my wholesale accounts I have locally.

schocker
12-14-2013, 02:30 PM
You have to watch also to make sure that they ship from the same warehouse otherwise that is where you can get hit with dual shipping charges. So sometimes a little bit more for a different make part can keep the shipment coming from the same warehouse