PDA

View Full Version : Brake job....suggestions?

C_Dave45
05-07-2010, 07:01 AM
My work van needs a brake job....BADLY. Any good suggestions? Usually I just take it to the nearest chain (speedy, etc).
Bear in mind, this is a POS work truck, so I don't need high performance. I'm looking at the whole nine yards; rotors, drums, discs/pads and probably cylinders too.
Cheap=good

I'm in the south.

Tomaz
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Then take it to a brake shop...:dunno:

Cheap can be at Crappy Tire...

C_Dave45
05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Then take it to a brake shop...:dunno:
Awesome, thanks...never thought of that. your helpfulness was most informative. :rolleyes:
I'm quite capable of using the "yellow pages". Was hoping a member might've had a good experience with a particular shop that had good rates/service/scheduling. But thanks for coming out. Run along little boy.
Mods please close

nonsane
05-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Cheapest, do it yourself.

Anything but canadian tire.

dsr7723
05-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Brake Check on 16th always treat me pretty good, deece prices, in and out right quick and you can tell them what parts you want. I don't know if there's a Brake Check far South but there's one on Glenmore, just approaching the Foothills Industrial Park I think it's 30th, next to the DQ and the LC. But IMHO it's worth the trip up to 16th.

C_Dave45
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by nonsane
Cheapest, do it yourself.

Anything but canadian tire.
I'm familiar with CT quality. It's not really cheaper to do it myself. I'm swamped with work, working 7 days a week right now. To buy all the parts retail and take a day off work, it would cost me more than to get it done by a shop. Plus warranty, etc etc.

Originally posted by dsr7723
Brake Check on 16th always treat me pretty good, deece prices, in and out right quick and you can tell them what parts you want. I don't know if there's a Brake Check far South but there's one on Glenmore, just approaching the Foothills Industrial Park I think it's 30th, next to the DQ and the LC. But IMHO it's worth the trip up to 16th.

Thanks....I'll check them out for my other vehicle. I already put the work van into a shop this afternoon.