PDA

View Full Version : Temp Jobs

Spoons
05-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Well I have a two potential jobs for construction lined up, but it seems difficult to get an answer when the jobs will be starting up and what not, and I am running out of money.

Is there anywhere in Calgary where I can go and they will give me a job for the day, paying cash at the end other than cash corner downtown?

That, or does anyone have connections or hiring in the construction industry or any labour industry? I have experience in both labour and heavy machinery. I need a job badly :cry: .

copynpaste
05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Theres a place by Marlborough Mall that pays cash daily, not sure the name but it pays $8/hr.

Also Diversified staffing pays about the same.

Graham_A_M
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
What are you after? I may have something for you. How long do you plan on sticking around?
I'd checkout http://www.itsjobs.ca/
^ these guys otherwise.

FiveFreshFish
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
How about landscaping? They're always looking for seasonal workers.

Spoons
05-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
What are you after? I may have something for you. How long do you plan on sticking around?
^ these guys otherwise.

After anything really. Like I said, I've done labour and heavy machinery. Looking hopefully in the range of 17-22 an hour (What I would be getting paid with Volker and Kon which are the two jobs in the works right now). I'm a hard worker as I need to make coin to pay off my loans, so I'm not looking at getting a pay check and fucking off.

If I got a construction job, I'd be sticking around till the end of the season, and come back next season if you need me as well. If there was a job starting this month (Volker and Kon won't be till next month) I would take that one now.

All in all, permanent/seasonal full-time.

HondaKid
05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ these guys otherwise.

Crap website, five jobs, all expired in February. Talk about a dead end.

HondaKid
05-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

After anything really. Like I said, I've done labour and heavy machinery. Looking hopefully in the range of 17-22 an hour (What I would be getting paid with Volker and Kon which are the two jobs in the works right now). I'm a hard worker as I need to make coin to pay off my loans, so I'm not looking at getting a pay check and fucking off.

If I got a construction job, I'd be sticking around till the end of the season, and come back next season if you need me as well. If there was a job starting this month (Volker and Kon won't be till next month) I would take that one now.

All in all, permanent/seasonal full-time.

Have you considered calling the two companies Volker and Kon? Remind them you are really wanting to get busy right away if they have "anything" on deck right now. Just make it sound like you are touching base, making yourself available should they need you earlier, even for a few days. Perhaps they have some yard duties which need tending to before the big hire next month. No one ever got smacked for showing interest, let them know, keep it light though, no sad songs. Nothing to lose.

Spoons
05-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid

Have you considered calling the two companies Volker and Kon? Remind them you are really wanting to get busy right away if they have "anything" on deck right now. Just make it sound like you are touching base, making yourself available should they need you earlier, even for a few days. Perhaps they have some yard duties which need tending to before the big hire next month. No one ever got smacked for showing interest, let them know, keep it light though, no sad songs. Nothing to lose.

Oh definitely. I know people within the companies (good friends dad owns Kon) so I'm in the loop with any jobs, etc. Like I said though, if there is work now, I would take that over them.

I guess the thread is more LF: Work than temp jobs.

I also have a lot of experience in sales. If anyone wants my resume just send me a PM.