PDA

View Full Version : FS: Oakley's - (Gun Metal\Ruby Lenses - Polarized!)

Speed_RaSiR
12-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Paid $350 for these, they are basically brand new. You get two Oakley cases with them. Letting them go for only $250! :thumbsup:

New Price only $200!

- Ruby Lenses
- Polarized

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/488260/01.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/488260/02.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/488260/03.jpg

gongSHOW
12-10-2003, 03:24 PM
dude i don' think that they make the wiretaps in polorized, i'm not positive though, just checked there website

Speed_RaSiR
12-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
dude i don' think that they make the wiretaps in polorized, i'm not positive though, just checked there website

When I bought them they said they where polarized.

Ben
12-11-2003, 12:08 AM
it will say POLARISED right on the bottom of the lens if they are.

lint
12-11-2003, 01:38 AM
What kind of frames are they?

rc2002
12-11-2003, 09:48 AM
To test for polarization, hold the lenses over an LCD screen (i.e. a calculator) then rotate the lenses. If the numbers on the LCD become invisible then it's polarized.

I had the same sunglasses, but I just sold them about a month ago. I don't think they came polarized normally, but it could have been a special order...

Speed_RaSiR
12-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Willing to let these go for $200!!! need xmas money.

Stratus_Power
12-12-2003, 05:32 PM
so are they acutally polarized?

frostyda9
12-12-2003, 07:40 PM
I'll give you 200 if you throw in the lug nuts ;)

vtec96
12-13-2003, 04:22 PM
I will give you $20 for the Hard case:thumbsup:

frostyda9
12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Speed_RaSiR....time to clean out the ol' inbox ;)
Can't send you a PM...

gongSHOW
12-13-2003, 05:22 PM
did you check the lens do they say polarized on the bottom right corner because if they are not it changes the price by about 100 bux!

Speed_RaSiR
12-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Speed_RaSiR....time to clean out the ol' inbox ;)
Can't send you a PM...

Cleaned

TalonVelocity
12-14-2003, 02:55 PM
answer the freaking question, are they ACTUALLY polarized or not.

Speed_RaSiR
12-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
answer the freaking question, are they ACTUALLY polarized or not.

Like I said above the store I bought them from SAID they where polarized.

rc2002
12-15-2003, 11:29 AM
$200 is an OK price for polarized lenses and the hard case. The case alone costs $30. I sold my almost brand new non-polarized wiretaps for $120 about a month ago.

Like I wrote in the thread above. Do the test on the calculator or watch LCD screen and find out if they're actually polarized. It'll only take you 5 seconds and it'll help you sell the sunglasses.

gongSHOW
12-15-2003, 01:52 PM
If they are polorized it will say on the right corner if it doesn't they are not polorized! So does it say in the right corner if they are poloriaed?

Speed_RaSiR
12-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Who give's a flying fuck if they are polarized or not. When I bought them the lady told me they where. I'm going to bring them in tommorow to find out for sure.

lint
12-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
Who give's a flying fuck if they are polarized or not. When I bought them the lady told me they where. I'm going to bring them in tommorow to find out for sure.

As stated above, the reason everyone wants to know is because polarized lenses are quite a bit more expensive than regular lenses. So you could just go through the effort now to confirm (ie use the calculator), or else if someone buys these and they don't turn out to be polarized, there's going to be more of a hassle. I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to know what they're buying. When you dodge the question like that, it makes it really look suspicious. But your sale, do what you want.

Speed_RaSiR
12-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by lint

As stated above, the reason everyone wants to know is because polarized lenses are quite a bit more expensive than regular lenses. So you could just go through the effort now to confirm (ie use the calculator), or else if someone buys these and they don't turn out to be polarized, there's going to be more of a hassle. I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting to know what they're buying. When you dodge the question like that, it makes it really look suspicious. But your sale, do what you want.

I'm not dodging anything, i'm just going based on what I Was told, before this thread I had no Idea what polarized lenses where. I just remembered when I bought them the lady told me they where.

tc3
12-15-2003, 10:22 PM

You're kidding, right??? You realize people will not buy them because the sales lady told u they were. If u don't know or care about polarized lenses, that doesn't mean these guys don't care too. If u really want to sell them, maybe you should help out these potential buyers with the answers they're looking for.

But then, thats up to u and how badly u really want to sell them!?

gongSHOW
12-15-2003, 11:38 PM
ya man, the price difference between polarzied sunglasses and not is substantial. Normal wiretaps run for 210 + tax. They don't make polarized wiretaps anymore and I don't know if they ever did. there is an easy and efficient way to find if they are polarized, check the right corner of the sunglasses if it says polarized than it is if it doesn't than they aren't! I guarentee you if you answer this question you will have substantial intrest.

http://x.oakley.com/media_cache/oakley/catalog/product/eyewear/wire/wiretap/pewter_positive_red_iridium.png/gateway.jpg
Not Polarized!

http://x.oakley.com/media_cache/oakley/catalog/product/eyewear/wire/a_wire_2.0_spring_hinge/silver_ice_iridium_polarized.png/enlarge_one.jpg
Polarized, that easy to tell!

Speed_RaSiR
12-16-2003, 12:07 PM
It doesn't say it on the lenses. So I guess they are not. New price

$180, you get the hard case worth $30 as well as the soft case. they are practically brand new.